• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Diverse models tuned with dyno chart

On 16 October 2017 at 7:21 PM, K8333 said:

Just for better understanding, I always thought the peak torque for the 1.6 Turbo and 2.0 Turbo is around 3000rpm. But I noticed the peak torque on a lot of the stock base runs for your graphs are above 4000rpm and some nearing 5000rpm. Something was wrong with all these cars or is this a Dyno setting issue?

07FEF03D-13BB-487C-9425-F00E491C642F.jpeg

902DFE66-D605-4B92-8F3C-F61726745A82.jpeg

3933B4D1-17C0-4E64-A747-82D58F829F8E.jpeg

84A195D3-DB36-4329-9B9D-5C3E3054DF58.jpeg

As I see it, there are no other explanations except that these cars coincidentally ALL have boost issues in their stock condition or dyno has an issue. A very valid question which should be answered here openly for all to understand better. 

• Like 2

On 16 October 2017 at 7:21 PM, K8333 said:

Just for better understanding, I always thought the peak torque for the 1.6 Turbo and 2.0 Turbo is around 3000rpm. But I noticed the peak torque on a lot of the stock base runs for your graphs are above 4000rpm and some nearing 5000rpm. Something was wrong with all these cars or is this a Dyno setting issue?

07FEF03D-13BB-487C-9425-F00E491C642F.jpeg

902DFE66-D605-4B92-8F3C-F61726745A82.jpeg

3933B4D1-17C0-4E64-A747-82D58F829F8E.jpeg

84A195D3-DB36-4329-9B9D-5C3E3054DF58.jpeg

Not replying this question and keeping quiet is rather disturbing. Are these base runs done properly? These base runs look like the dyno operator only depressed the accelerator pedal fully at a much later rpm. That explains why the base run power all look very low? If this isn't the case then please clarify so everyone in the forum can have a clear understanding with your tuning procedures.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, vincentwee said:

Not replying this question and keeping quiet is rather disturbing. Are these base runs done properly? These base runs look like the dyno operator only depressed the accelerator pedal fully at a much later rpm. That explains why the base run power all look very low? If this isn't the case then please clarify so everyone in the forum can have a clear understanding with your tuning procedures.

Let me get this right. Meaning to say the dyno runs are made to look low so the gains from the tune can look more impressive? That's not very ethical if it's true right?"

• Like 1

it seems a bit puzzling that despite thread starter offered on-site visit and to explain in person, there's still the same old pressurizing attempts wanting replies with some bordering on the line of dishonoring the thread starter.

while i'm not a technical guru, i think every car reacts differently to tuning, perhaps it is best for those who has queries accept the thread starter invitation, persisting on a seemingly one-sided crusade doesn't necessary brings any credibility.

5 hours ago, yorkshireman said:

it seems a bit puzzling that despite thread starter offered on-site visit and to explain in person, there's still the same old pressurizing attempts wanting replies with some bordering on the line of dishonoring the thread starter.

while i'm not a technical guru, i think every car reacts differently to tuning, perhaps it is best for those who has queries accept the thread starter invitation, persisting on a seemingly one-sided crusade doesn't necessary brings any credibility.

Well don’t have to be puzzled, just be upfront with your Tuning procedures & be transparent. 

I’m not a technical guru too.

whatabout the handful of Mercedes Bros here Tuned by Threadstarter & full of problems which I’ve already stated in my earlier thread. 

Site admin has told me they’ve deleted my thread cos the threadstarter complained that it’s a flaming thread.

So very simple if he can explain on all the Mercedes probs done by him those that I’ve mentioned enough Liao.

if there’s no problem with his Tuning, why are those affected owners asking refunds from him

thread starter is lucky. Not all the owners are nasty. Some simply gave up. Some managed to get refunds & moved on

Pardon me for my English

all the owners I’ve stated are all true life accounts.

41 minutes ago, rx7effini said:

Well don’t have to be puzzled, just be upfront with your Tuning procedures & be transparent

I’m not a technical guru too.

whatabout the handful of Mercedes Bros here Tuned by Threadstarter & full of problems which I’ve already stated in my earlier thread. 

Site admin has told me they’ve deleted my thread cos the threadstarter complained that it’s a flaming thread.

So very simple if he can explain on all the Mercedes probs done by him those that I’ve mentioned enough Liao.

if there’s no problem with his Tuning, why are those affected owners asking refunds from him

thread starter is lucky. Not all the owners are nasty. Some simply gave up. Some managed to get refunds & moved on

Pardon me for my English

all the owners I’ve stated are all true life accounts.

note.. i am not the tuner, you may want to rephrase your post.

i have heard and read about failed cases, shall assume these owners have done their homework, and make an informed decision to proceed with tuning; therefore it is better to let those affected manage their cases and/or grievances individually with the tuner.

i will suggest that you engage the tuner to get clarity to your queries, public forum does not seems to be the right avenue to apply "pressure", and in my opinion it does look like flaming since it appears that you have concluded there are "problems" with the tuning procedures adopted. i trust that you have the stats and info with you, so the next best thing is to visit the tuner and seek clarification.

if there were indeed refunds, that could also mean tuner probably has acknowledged there were gaps and took responsibility, hope you take into consideration there were successful cases too, it is not a situation where 10 cars gone for tuning and the 10 all have their engines busted.

i believe the folks in this forum are grown adults.

This should be a very straight forward discussion. K8333 was just curious why the stock base runs (before cars were tuned I assume) looked weird and that they do not co-relate to how these cars typically behave. There should be no pressure at all for such a simple question. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkshireman said:

note.. i am not the tuner, you may want to rephrase your post.

i have heard and read about failed cases, shall assume these owners have done their homework, and make an informed decision to proceed with tuning; therefore it is better to let those affected manage their cases and/or grievances individually with the tuner.

i will suggest that you engage the tuner to get clarity to your queries, public forum does not seems to be the right avenue to apply "pressure", and in my opinion it does look like flaming since it appears that you have concluded there are "problems" with the tuning procedures adopted. i trust that you have the stats and info with you, so the next best thing is to visit the tuner and seek clarification.

i will suggest that you engage the tuner to get clarity to your queries, public forum does not seems to be the right avenue to apply "pressure", and in my opinion it does look like flaming since it appears that you have concluded there are "problems" with the tuning procedures adopted. i trust that you have the stats and info with you, so the next best thing is to visit the tuner and seek clarification.on there were successful cases too, it is not a situation where 10 cars gone for tuning and the 10 all have their engines busted.

Then please ask the Tuner not to over promise on what can be done & can’t.

Tuner asked owners go decat their Exhausts & CEL surfaces

tuner can’t even handle simple CEL issues surfaced from the nox sensor. Ask owner say put adapter for the nox sensor & problem will be solved. But still CEL there, does the Tuner know how to Tune Mercs in the first place.

how you know the affected owners didn’t go approach the Tuner. Of coz they did.

if the Tuner make you go to & fro 3-4 times a week but still can’t get problem solve. I don’t think you won’t get fed up

The Tuner is buying time only

You’re not one of the affected owners whose car got screwed up by this Tuner.

thats why you’re saying this. 

If you’re one of the affected owners, I wonder if you’ll still say all this

yes there maybe successful cases but only lasted for 2 weeks then it’s either power drop or problem surfaces

Engage the Tuner & seek clarification for? If the Tuner can’t even answer simple question ask here. Then for wat?

if there were indeed refunds, that could also mean tuner probably has acknowledged there were gaps and took responsibility, hope you take into consideration there were successful cases too, it is not a situation where 10 cars gone for tuning and the 10 all have their engines busted.

Do you think they able to get back full refunds? And FYI not all. Some chose to give up. This Tuner is lucky. Of coz folks here are grown adults, if they’re hooligans, they would’ve gone Down to tore this Tuner workshop apart when he screwed their cars

37 minutes ago, rx7effini said:

Then please ask the Tuner not to over promise on what can be done & can’t.

Tuner asked owners go decat their Exhausts & CEL surfaces

tuner can’t even handle simple CEL issues surfaced from the nox sensor. Ask owner say put adapter for the nox sensor & problem will be solved. But still CEL there, does the Tuner know how to Tune Mercs in the first place.

how you know the affected owners didn’t go approach the Tuner. Of coz they did.

if the Tuner make you go to & fro 3-4 times a week but still can’t get problem solve. I don’t think you won’t get fed up

The Tuner is buying time only

You’re not one of the affected owners whose car got screwed up by this Tuner.

thats why you’re saying this. 

If you’re one of the affected owners, I wonder if you’ll still say all this

yes there maybe successful cases but only lasted for 2 weeks then it’s either power drop or problem surfaces

Engage the Tuner & seek clarification for? If the Tuner can’t even answer simple question ask here. Then for wat?

Do you think they able to get back full refunds? And FYI not all. Some chose to give up. This Tuner is lucky. Of coz folks here are grown adults, if they’re hooligans, they would’ve gone Down to tore this Tuner workshop apart when he screwed their cars

it seems like some of your statements are pointing at my direction, you don't represent me, so i think you should not be making assumption.

while you want answers but you seems to be restricting to this channel.

i am in no position to answer on behalf of the tuner, trust you have the facts and since you feel so aggreived, go small claims tribunal, there's always a legal option to seek recourse

1 hour ago, vincentwee said:

This should be a very straight forward discussion. K8333 was just curious why the stock base runs (before cars were tuned I assume) looked weird and that they do not co-relate to how these cars typically behave. There should be no pressure at all for such a simple question. 

yes, valid question, fair enough, can always pick up the phone and call

Dyno graphs are posted here for all to see in order to solicit for business. So, it's only fair for thread starter to answer questions posted here openly for all to see, especially to those that are potentially being solicited. Having an open discussion is the nature of a public forum. That's what most members join a forum for. To discuss all things related to a particular topic of interest. Forum discussions make up part of the homework process. And its effective because it reaches out to many people at once and illustrations like those wonderful dyno graphs could be displayed easily for visual studies/discussions. 

In any case, I find it extremely peculiar that after so many days, the thread starter has yet to make any attempts to answer questions posted here and suddenly, someone comes along to try to steer us away from getting answers in an open platform that is build particularly for this very purpose. Why?

Edited by vincentwee
  • Like 2

vincent, if that's your name, i think you have make a very good description of a public forum particularly on the point of discussion and topic of interest.

but i think you have put up quite a few posts, the persistence to seek out some truth like what i have mentioned earlier, some kind of crusade, bullying if i may use the term.

if thread starter is not replying, i think i will perhaps conclude he may have an attitude, he hates typing maybe, or he has no time for forum, I don't know?

the fact is after so many months, i think a visit or a call may well have resolve misunderstanding if there's any.

last, seek legal recourse, that puts a lot of weight, and you know what, you have me as an additional supporter.

seems like an attempt to name and shame in order to gain some traction.

stanford, you don't know me, neither do you know what i have went through, if tuning remains the subject of discussion, so similarly, don't make assumption.

i was at one point looking forward to your tuning journey blogs.

quite happy to share my not entirely smooth tuning experience i had in case you are interested.

i chose to look at facts from different sources, to help address those issues i had.

37 minutes ago, vincentwee said:

Now, this explains quite a lot now, but I ain't here to judge. Just seeking to have an open discussion in an open platform on a topic that interests me. How is seeking answers bullying?Persistently steering question seekers away from having an open and transparent discussion on the other hand seems extremely odd on the other hand. Why are you doing this? Why are you trying to suggest that thread starter might be busy or if he hates to type when he has had no problems updating his thread every day until this question about his dyno graphs is posted here? Why are you trying to steer members here away from knowing the truth openly? Why? Do you feel like I'm bullying you now? I hope not cos I'm merely just asking some questions.

the reactions i have received explains, words despite clearly written, can be misterpreted.

the used of "maybe", "calls", "visit" appear not taken into context.

i have briefly described the experiences i had, still quite happy to share more if there are genuine subject discussion.

and vincent, yes you are a cyber bully, based on the posts you have make, fortunately i have a bigger heart

Seeking a transparent discussion seems oddly to be an issue with you. Why are you still dwelling in a platform that is created for this mere purpose? The amount of effort put in to share information that helps solicit business should be equal to the amount of effort put in to fulfill the forum's purpose as a platform for open sharing and educating. Name calling shouldn't have a part in an open platform like this. Fortunately I have more class.

• Like 1

Dear guys, 

I am a newbie in this forum. I just got my new ride. I am also looking for a tuner to see how much my new car can increase in terms of power and performance. If everyone can share information on customised tuning then there will be not a few of them in this forum but in fact there should be more.

I don't see the last few discussions is about sharing information or what. To me , it look like questioning people's professionalism and integrity on how they handle business. Act like a gentleman - If that particular car owner is not happy with the tuner's attitude and performance then go and reason things out with the tuner rather than share information which might not be correct in the first place. To be more blurt, I want the tuner to tune my car in the way I want it to be and not to make the graph and curve look nice. Whatever others perceives and views is not important, in the end I am still the one who will handle the ride daily and I must enjoy it.

Maybe I am still the learning stage, pls do not be offended as I just feel that this is my piece of story which I feel.

Thanks and have a good day.

1 hour ago, moronkiller said:

Dear guys, 

I am a newbie in this forum. I just got my new ride. I am also looking for a tuner to see how much my new car can increase in terms of power and performance. If everyone can share information on customised tuning then there will be not a few of them in this forum but in fact there should be more.

I don't see the last few discussions is about sharing information or what. To me , it look like questioning people's professionalism and integrity on how they handle business. Act like a gentleman - If that particular car owner is not happy with the tuner's attitude and performance then go and reason things out with the tuner rather than share information which might not be correct in the first place. To be more blurt, I want the tuner to tune my car in the way I want it to be and not to make the graph and curve look nice. Whatever others perceives and views is not important, in the end I am still the one who will handle the ride daily and I must enjoy it.

Maybe I am still the learning stage, pls do not be offended as I just feel that this is my piece of story which I feel.

Boss, you’re not wrong in wanting how your ride to be customized or Tune. Since you’ve already read up so much, I believed you’ve already did your homework & due diligence. So let’s hope your ride will be Tune to your expectation & not be like those sad affected owners who got no one to turn to rather than go back to this Tuner every 2-3 Days to solve the never ending problems. 

3 hours ago, moronkiller said:

Dear guys, 

You made a few good points. Everyone should share information openly. I assume that's the reason you joined this forum so you can hopefully find good educative information that you can benefit from. If you take an unbiased look again at the posts, K8333 started out simply asking a very valid question. And if thread starter could answer it and share his professional views about it in the first place, everyone could have learnt something from it, including yourself. You mentioned that you didn't see the last few discussions were about "sharing information" and you are right! Thread starter didn't share any! No one was questioning his professionalism to begin with. K8333 was simply asking a question, which in my opinion, is a very interesting one. If it was answered, it could jolly well turn out to be a very educative discussion session that all could learn from. If thread starter were to join in the discussion like how forums usually work then it may not have spark questions on his professionalism (such as those mentioned by rx7effini). 

So, are you here to gather and share information, or are you here to just collect phone numbers and addresses of garages so you can maybe "call" or "visit" them? Mind you, this is a forum. Forums are made for open discussions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moronkiller said:

Dear guys, 

Thanks and have a good day

hi, apparently thread starter is not replying here. But he’s still posting on the cars they does daily

so funny 🤣🤣🤣

threadstarter by remaining silent meaning?

the next thing gonna happen will be threads been deleted 🤣🤣🤣

17 hours ago, yorkshireman said:

the reactions i have received explains, words despite clearly written, can be misterpreted.

the used of "maybe", "calls", "visit" appear not taken into context.

i have briefly described the experiences i had, still quite happy to share more if there are genuine subject discussion.

and vincent, yes you are a cyber bully, based on the posts you have make, fortunately i have a bigger heart

Hey yorkshireman, 

I've been reading thru the thread, looks like u had a good experience at dynotechnica. I've been looking around and asking some of my friends about tuning. Care to pm me on the details? 

3 hours ago, rx7effini said:

hi, apparently thread starter is not replying here. But he’s still posting on the cars they does daily

so funny 🤣🤣🤣

threadstarter by remaining silent meaning?

the next thing gonna happen will be threads been deleted 🤣🤣🤣

You seem to know your way around the tuning business. Care to share with me which workshop would be good to get my e250 tuned? 

It is our practise to always explain the Dyno chart and go for a test drive after every tuning. We do that to all our customers and if there is any questions or concern, we are happy to clarify and answer to our customers. I am more than willing to explain to genuine questions. Do call me or drop by my workshop and I can explain to you in person.

Thank you.