• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Owner of New GLA180

Rei

Greetings to all. Just made payment to my GLA 180 and currently waiting for shipment to arrive.

As I'm a first time car owner, Any advise on how to take care of the paint works and which company has a good reputation in polishing Merz? I'm staying at the west.

TIA!

3 hours ago, Rei said:

Greetings to all. Just made payment to my GLA 180 and currently waiting for shipment to arrive.

As I'm a first time car owner, Any advise on how to take care of the paint works and which company has a good reputation in polishing Merz? I'm staying at the west.

TIA!

Welcome bro

I believe you get two free nano sealant sessions? Do that asap, and avoid polishing for a while. The Hungarian paintwork should be fine, even if you choose a solid color. The metallic paint will give a better sheen, but anyways, I won't really do that much now, and spoil the paintwork. Later on, IMHO, a nice new coat of solid paint isn't that expensive and beats a few sessions of polishing. I would simply wash my car regularly and not worry about polishing. It's typically the first six months that we get rather excited about the car.. come back in half a year and share more :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, petetherock said:

Welcome bro

I believe you get two free nano sealant sessions? Do that asap, and avoid polishing for a while. The Hungarian paintwork should be fine, even if you choose a solid color. The metallic paint will give a better sheen, but anyways, I won't really do that much now, and spoil the paintwork. Later on, IMHO, a nice new coat of solid paint isn't that expensive and beats a few sessions of polishing. I would simply wash my car regularly and not worry about polishing. It's typically the first six months that we get rather excited about the car.. come back in half a year and share more :) 

I didn't know that polishing a new car would spoil the paintwork, that's definetly a good sharing. Any reason y? So first 6 months just normal wash will do?

I think my package comes with 2 normal polishing and one nano seal which needs to be used within 3 years.

3 hours ago, petetherock said:

Seal in the brand new paint first :)

depending on the polisher, it can leave fine swirling marks, so choose well. Or diy, it's quite relaxing to wash or polish the car on a quiet Sunday morning :) 

3 hours ago, petetherock said:

Seal in the brand new paint first :)

depending on the polisher, it can leave fine swirling marks, so choose well. Or diy, it's quite relaxing to wash or polish the car on a quiet Sunday morning :) 

Hmm.. I thought the new car will have already done the sealant? Any recommended polisher?

3 hours ago, Rei said:

Hmm.. I thought the new car will have already done the sealant? Any recommended polisher?

u may want to check if sealant will be done first before collection.

my ride was delivered without sealant and need to make booking for it.

The sealant can't be done before car collection, so I asked my rep to organise it such that once I collect it, it goes straight across the road to the sealant. This can be done if you collect it from Pandan. Just pre-book the Nano. But it can't be done in the same day, so you need to make the arrangements with your rep. He / she needs to work for you to make this happen, otherwise it's a separate appointment, and it means your new car is 'exposed' for a few days at least :)

51 minutes ago, darksaint said:

u may want to check if sealant will be done first before collection.

my ride was delivered without sealant and need to make booking for it.

I see. I was advised by someone to do the nano sealant after a year. So that's a wrong advise and I should do it immediately upon collection of the car?

24 minutes ago, petetherock said:

The sealant can't be done before car collection, so I asked my rep to organise it such that once I collect it, it goes straight across the road to the sealant. This can be done if you collect it from Pandan. Just pre-book the Nano. But it can't be done in the same day, so you need to make the arrangements with your rep. He / she needs to work for you to make this happen, otherwise it's a separate appointment, and it means your new car is 'exposed' for a few days at least :)

Yes, I will be collecting from pandan. I was advised by someone to do the nano only after a year. So that's wrong advise? It should be done immediately upon car collection?

I guess you need to ask that someone want's his reason ;)

My reason for an immediate sealant is obvious ya? Seal in the goodness. We aren't talking about polishing, which shouldn't be done asap as that takes away the layer on your paint.

We want to keep the good stuff sealed in. That's why I suggest doing it asap. But YMMV. Cheers! 

BTW, if you don't mind, can you pm me your deal? 

My shipment is coming in end dec. but i told se i only want to collect after feb, so i left it in her good hand to arrange for the sealant done and drive from pandan to alexandra for delivery.

Bro Petetherock, GLA we getting here is German made. CLA is Hungarian made. i dun think they send GLA over to hungary for paint work.

Still enjoying my almost 6 yrs old w204. no major problem other than small little things tear and wear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...