• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Share your experience at C&C!

dspoh

Hi guys,
I just wana share the experience today that i had when at C&C.
Please do share yours as i wana compare the "Mercedes experience" that i had.

I was interested in the new C180/C200 coupe so I approach the counter, the staff was polite and nice. Soon a SE was "assign" to assist me.
When approached by the SE, he ask which car im interested so i told him its the C class coupe and would like to have a test drive.
So he immediately ask for my driver licence and walk away to prepare the car.
Although I did not ask, he did not brief or show me around the c class coupe, as im not familiar with the equipment or tech that is in it, assuming I'm pro at it.
(example like: kick to open boot, auto parking feature, and the audio 20)

After 10mins he arrive with the car and we hop into it.
Upon getting into the car, he did not explain to me the controls until i asked him to. Not everyone drives a mercedes right?
So I was briefed for less than a min like how to shift gears and the signal lights..... that's all.. and off I go.
The coupe sits really low and i love it. I test drove the C180 coupe and it feels punchy in the sports+ mode.
They don't have the C200 version for me to try it out (omg really C&C??). Requested for C200 sedan but was out for servicing.
The suspension is soft and good. Not sure about the sports suspension in AMG line as they only have ONE c coupe test drive car.

While inside the car i ask about the difference between the C180 vs C200.
SE said: "Oh.. only the engine is bigger..."
i said: "All of that for 25k difference?"
SE said: "Yes"
i said: "i thought the leathery is different?"
SE said: "hmm... ah yes.. the leather is abit different..."
i said: "How about the dash and upper door trims? They look cheap for a almost $200k car, can i pay additional for it to be upholstered"
SE said: "Nope there isn't any."
i said: "Why not?"
SE said: "All models comes in as standard and we do not have this option."
i siad: "Even the C200 and C300?"
SE said: "Yes."
(We did talk more in details but these are the gist of it)

I was pretty sure i've read it before somewhere regarding C180 vs C200 and here are the difference:
1. LED intelligent Light System.
2. Leather upholstery
3. Exhaust system with two visible tailpipe trim (not sure what it this... can some one verify?)

I've found out that someone had paid and gotten their car's dash & upper door panel upholstered. Its a new C class coupe too.
My conclusion is that the SE is pretty unprepared and unaware of their own products.

So the experience was pretty turned off. After the ride, we sit down, no drinks were offered.
He eventually did not even quote me a price as he said because the COE recently release so he can't provide a proper quote.
He did not mention that will get back to me if it does.
What he actually does:
1. Tell me my current car trade in value. (its pretty low compared to its competitors, up to 7k)
2. Current 3k OT and 3K service.

He did not mention of any freebies or existing on running promotion where there actually is (early bird promotion for certain models).
One of my sibling was there and actually interested in one of the promotional models but he held back and didn't mention until i spoke of the promotion title.

So i left the place without knowing much about the car, as he seems "busy" and really wish end this quickly.
He did not provide any details regarding any good feature that will entice a customer to buy. Nowadays Mercedes cars sells their own right?
He told me buying this car now is almost like a "risk" as C&C will not lock any prices even you paid a down payment.
If COE went up, you paid the balance, there is no other way unless you forfeit the down payment.
Reason being their waiting time is 6 months.
(Vs other branded competitors does lock in and honour the price. If COE goes down, they will adjust the your price accordingly)

So to conclude, it was a bad experience for me for the first visit at C&C.
Please share what you guys experience specially those who purchased the C205.
Thanks!

So sorry to hear about your experience. In fact the experience matters, but I would say it really depends on the person you are dealing with. Before I bought from C&C, I was seriously considering the XC60 from Volvo. The experience I had was pretty much the same as what you had encountered. That really made me changed my mind of getting that car. 

I had a recommendation from a friend to a SE at C&C. He was very patient and detailed. I wanted to buy the S205, which they do not have a test car too. We tested the W205 and I eventually bought from him. All the freebies he automatically write them in with me asking too much too. 

My experience was about the same. The worst part was my SE actually forgot about me after I made the deposit for my c205. Because at that time the c-class coupe was not available for test drive yet and i ordered the car after I test drove the w205. When i went back to test drive to c205 when i heard it was available, my SE was extremely uninterested (Because no extra sales commission mahs~) and he even forgot my name even though I texted him a few hours ago. C&C "best" service

2 minutes ago, ACEGabz said:

My experience was about the same. The worst part was my SE actually forgot about me after I made the deposit for my c205. Because at that time the c-class coupe was not available for test drive yet and i ordered the car after I test drove the w205. When i went back to test drive to c205 when i heard it was available, my SE was extremely uninterested (Because no extra sales commission mahs~) and he even forgot my name even though I texted him a few hours ago. C&C "best" service

Omg... did you make the deposit during the launch? might be tones of ppl there etc.

Did you test drive those similar class from other competitors vs the c205? which car did you bought?

I test drove the 420i and it felt slightly heavier despite its 2L engine. But the interior is more spacious and back seats are more comfortable and roomy.

I tested the C180, it felt more nibble and pick up nicely and its even sit lower than 420i which I'm very surprise and I love it.

Both models is in the C180 sports+ and 420 sports mode.

I din manage to try C200 coupe as there is none at the showroom. the C200 sedan was out for service (not sure if its true)

No. I made my deposit approximately 2-3 weeks after the launch. There was barely anyone there cause i went on a weekday. I test drove BMW 3-series, Lexus IS, Jaguar XE and the new 2017 Audi A4 (Was extremely tempted to get this due to the technology it had for the driver, esp the virtual cockpit) . It was a final decision between the w205 and A4. But cause the c205's rear looked extremely sexy and it was only a 5K difference at that time between the w205 and c205. I bought the c205 :) quite satisfied with the car now have around 4000km on it. As you said sports+ puts power down like crazy at around 3000~4000rpm. But yea im still quite upset about C&C's service cause this was my 2nd SE and the previous one was the same bochap attitude.

If you plan to buy an audi. Do squeeze the SE down on the price, ask for chrome grill and exo tips (usually free) even though they will try to sell you their 10k "prestige package" which essentially includes nth and 3 year servicing (Audi does not offer it as standard for some shitty reason). Mine is a 180 :) I tried the 318 feels under powered cause its only a 3 cylinder car compared to the competition which are all 4 cylinders. The interior of the 3-series looks the worst out of the competition IMO. And of course BMW famous for their reliability issues that is why I did not consider it at all.

Thanks for the tips bro! Sorry I just remember you told me abt your car in the previous thread. :D

Yup, BMW interior seems dated but feels slight more premium. Even the 420i which I tired felt OK only, maybe the vehicle is heavier.

Btw did you make any additional trims to ur baby? like any additional upholstery, change the steering wheel etc (if u din get the AMG kit)?
I check wif BMW and they are able to change anything in the car, even the steering wheel to a more sportier version.

Yea BMW build quality is good just that their interior looks dated like you said. If you are looking at the 4 series price range My advice is to take a look at either Audi A6 promo price around 190k or can consider the Lexus ES cause the rear seat is extremely spacious for a car that size.

You looking more towards coupe/coupe styling or sedan bro? :)

Haven't made any trims yet. Been quite busy lately hahas, actually quite satisfied with how the car looks in general. But my advice is get the wood trim for the center console if possible (the piano black is a dust/fingerprint magnet) :(.

• Like 1

Yea BMW build quality is good just that their interior looks dated like you said. If you are looking at the 4 series price range My advice is to take a look at either Audi A6 promo price around 190k or can consider the Lexus ES cause the rear seat is extremely spacious for a car that size.

You looking more towards coupe/coupe styling or sedan bro? :)

Haven't made any trims yet. Been quite busy lately hahas, actually quite satisfied with how the car looks in general. But my advice is get the wood trim for the center console if possible (the piano black is a dust/fingerprint magnet) :(.

I'm looking for a serious coupe (not 4 door). Which is why I'm considering C205, 4series and A5 (new not here yet).

Got any other models to recommend?

C180 coupe is the top choice at the moment cause its damn sexy in and out and the price is more competitive (180k for coupe!).

Did you get the AMG line packet or ask for any additional trims changes when u order your baby?

9 minutes ago, dspoh said:

I'm looking for a serious coupe (not 4 door). Which is why I'm considering C205, 4series and A5 (new not here yet).

Got any other models to recommend?

C180 coupe is the top choice at the moment cause its damn sexy in and out and the price is more competitive (180k for coupe!).

Did you get the AMG line packet or ask for any additional trims changes when u order your baby?

Can check this link out if you are okay with a 7 month old Lexus RC (F sport) I think its extremely good value and it is still under Borneo 1 year bumper to bumper warranty.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=602366&DL=2239

But if you want new car. My personal advice would be to wait for the A5 cause Audi's new design language really quite aggressive for their 2018 cars plus their interior infotainment system comes with both Apple Carplay and Android Auto which I have no idea why the c-class doesn't have even though it is available on the e-class and cla :( 

Yes 180k for coupe is really value. I didn't get the AMG package cause of waiting time (extra 3 months) or any other trims for my order. But I would definitely advice you to get the AMG line trim. 9K for 18" rims, leather seats, artico leather on dashboard, ash-wood center console & analogy clock and maybe some other stuff I cant remember is definitely worth it.

C&C SE is only interested in getting you sign on the dotted line. I signed up a few weeks from launch didn't even have any car to test drive. My SE doesn't know much about the technical specs, always said that I know more than her lol. In any case don't depend on them too much, it is always good to do your own research. Initially I ordered a C180 coupe regular, but went back to add the AMG line the next day with delivery Nov/ Dec. 

Few weeks later SE called me and told me that Germany production cannot produce AMG for year end delivery, if I stick to AMG it will have to be delay to next year Jan/Feb. So suck thumb have to cancel the AMG option. If you have a choice now, it is 100% sensible to add this option. It will cost more if you have done it after market. So only make senses to add on now while u can.

23 hours ago, MarkSim said:

C&C SE is only interested in getting you sign on the dotted line. I signed up a few weeks from launch didn't even have any car to test drive. My SE doesn't know much about the technical specs, always said that I know more than her lol. In any case don't depend on them too much, it is always good to do your own research. Initially I ordered a C180 coupe regular, but went back to add the AMG line the next day with delivery Nov/ Dec. 

Few weeks later SE called me and told me that Germany production cannot produce AMG for year end delivery, if I stick to AMG it will have to be delay to next year Jan/Feb. So suck thumb have to cancel the AMG option. If you have a choice now, it is 100% sensible to add this option. It will cost more if you have done it after market. So only make senses to add on now while u can.

I'm trying to get some answers regarding the trims... since you book a C180 coupe AMG Line.

1. Does AMG line includes the leather upholstery of dashboard and upper door panel?
2. The interior roof and A panel colour is black or beige for AMG line?
I prefer black than beige cause those in showroom is beige. I would like to change this if possible.

OR any bros ordered c class coupe please share what you know? thanks!

13 minutes ago, dspoh said:

I'm trying to get some answers regarding the trims... since you book a C180 coupe AMG Line.

1. Does AMG line includes the leather upholstery of dashboard and upper door panel?
2. The interior roof and A panel colour is black or beige for AMG line?
I prefer black than beige cause those in showroom is beige. I would like to change this if possible.

OR any bros ordered c class coupe please share what you know? thanks!

1) leather not included.

2) color of roof depends on color of car. My black car roof is black. i believe light color roof is also light color. check with se on the color combi

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkSim said:

1) leather not included.

2) color of roof depends on color of car. My black car roof is black. i believe light color roof is also light color. check with se on the color combi

I got bad memories when I read the forums but I believe some receive their coupe with leather upholstery on their dashboard and door panel.
One case is they expected to have but was not delivered. He was compensated 4k plus extra servicing.

53 minutes ago, dspoh said:

I got bad memories when I read the forums but I believe some receive their coupe with leather upholstery on their dashboard and door panel.
One case is they expected to have but was not delivered. He was compensated 4k plus extra servicing.

Not that i can remember. dont think it is included in the amg package. any bro with amg package can confirm this?

Edited by MarkSim

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:17 AM, MarkSim said:

You should have waited that extra month or two if you could...

2 hours ago, Odessus said:

You should have waited that extra month or two if you could...

I ordered my car in May. Originally was given Nov/ Dec for AMG. But due to non production, it was push back to Jan/Feb. it would have been 9 months wait unfortunately can't wait for so long

19 hours ago, dspoh said:

Those were the first batches of W205 sedans where MBTex dash are included in the AMG package. They were resultedly compensated because when they order their cars with AMG line, they saw the car in the showroom comes with MBTex dash. Hence they were compensated. For a long time, C&C brought in AMG line without MBTex dash. $&@%#....

I think $9k is well spent for the AMG line ($13k for the sedan) mainly because of the rims, suspension, brakes n body kit. I also personally like the twin visible exhausts. I agree with u with the MBTex dash, I think it make the car looks more expensive. It can be done. I paid $1.9k more for it. If u need a reliable SE, let me know through PM. I bought 2 merc from her, and her service is top class. 

• Like 1

Just wana share my re-visit to C&C....

I met up with a new SE yesterday. He/she was nice and immediately go through the specs and some details and cool thing about the car,
trying to "sell" it , which I feel that should be the way... /thumbs up.
He/she is keen and responsive, when I threw him questions that he was not sure, He/she is quick to verify. Plus point.
Spend almost an hour to test drive both C180 coupe and C200 sedan (no coupe available). Good patience.
He/she did quote me, explain in details plus all the package and freebies. All in all I've spend 2 1/2 hrs plus there, really different experience.
I was very tempted and felt his sincerity. His/her quote was aggressive even when i didn't push him/her....YET. Will definitely do so when i prepared my credit card/cheque :D
I'm very happy with the service. Anyone wana his/her contacts can PM me.

The only thing that I wasn't quite happy about which wasn't from the SE but the company so call "factory policy".
There are this issue of having different leather upholstery for the dash and door panel, released on different period, while paying the SAME price.
C&C choose the easy way out by excluding it in future models. They blame it on the factory's policy.
So now in the market carried by C&C have two different trims, one looks more higher end, the other missing out on the leather trims.
I asked the SE and he/she said even I'm willingly paid for it, it still can't be done (on certain equipment line only.. its complicated T_T).
Calm was told by his sales/product manager on the phone. (he/she made a call immediately, really shown good attitude vs those on the phone that is not pertaining to current customer)

Really feel left out and unjust.
I feel as a big company like C&C, consistent quality is important. Having different trims level in the market is unfair to those who bought later.
Even its an factory production issue, this can be ironed out. And by explaining the quality inconsistency, I strongly believe they will soften their tone. 
Even incurring the slightly heavier cost shouldn't be an issue right? Why make the customer confuse and frustrated?
If its better I guess there are no complains, as people can argue that things will only get better. But getting worst and for the SAME price, its norm for people to get upset over it.
Lets face it, we are made to think this way.
Plus it might affect the resellability of the car. Suddenly those cars with better trims that sold previously are more sought after.

Hopefully by my 3rd/4th visit im ready to sign the dotted line... Cheers.

An update to my previous post. Currently the SE that serve me did pretty well and get back to me as promised.
Although they are unsure of the options and specs (its really complicated), but as long as they find out the facts and
get back to us, its not that bad.
After much "investigating" within themselves, it was certain that the question of upgrade of leather trims that ive posted previously,
can now be done. Thanks for them to find out and get back to me. Was quite impressed.
Thanks to them, im just a step away to "build" my dream car. :)

If anyone needs good SE at C&C, can just pm me. Cheers.