Fetch

Intermittent gear shift issue

8 posts in this topic

My w204 c180 seems having problem shifting gear. rpm hit as high as 6k before gear starts to change and speed cant go beyond 60k. The problem seems intermittent and after restart seems ok. anyone encounter this sympton before?

@Fetch when was the last time you changed the transmission fluid? MB's gearboxes are known to be quite hardy, hardly any issues.

also, any check lights on?

cheap 'fix' might be just to do a full flush of the transmission fluid and see how it goes after that.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:45 AM, Fetch said:

My w204 c180 seems having problem shifting gear. rpm hit as high as 6k before gear starts to change and speed cant go beyond 60k. The problem seems intermittent and after restart seems ok. anyone encounter this sympton before?

Go for a diagnostic check to see any faults turn up?

Did you accidentally activated the Speedtronic? Especially when you are new the car, it is easy to activate the Speedtronic by accident when you try to signal.

Anybody can advise when is it time to have a full fluid change?

Brake Fluid

ATF

Coolant

Power steering etc etc?

4 hours ago, C180BEW204 said:

Anybody can advise when is it time to have a full fluid change?

Brake Fluid

ATF

Coolant

Power steering etc etc?

Ur ride model is?

there is a user manual for each model to advice what to change at each mileage interval. 

Please see attachment for MY14 Maintenance Manual - a good indication though it's in miles

I used to get the Service Booklet from CnC for all my new rides with them.

Think they have stopped giving out these Service Booklets.

Each time I serviced my car at CnC, they will filled up the Service Booklet and indicated the services they've done and the SA will chopped and signed on the Service booklet

MY14_Maintenance_Booklet.pdf

Service Book.jpg

Service Book 1.jpg

Brought to C&C and they managed to find the problem and fix it. Apparently was due to the water pump unit that was connected to the vacuum system that causes sudden lost of power. They replaced the water pump and works fine since then. Lucky still under warranty!