• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Active Parking Assist on the Right?

I don't really notice until my friend asked me if the Active Parking Assist can discover parking space for both Left and Right.  So, for the past few days, i deliberately tried having the car parked with Active Parking Assist but it can only show me parking space on my Left and not able to find any on my Right.  Is this normal? I tried going slow on the extreme left , right and centre, it just indicate Left parking available. 

If I am not wrong, you need to switch your right mirror to be active to sense the right side parking. Currently by default, the SE will set to the left side mirror active when he/she delivers the car to you, Active side mirror will tilt down when "R" gear is engage. (if it is setup properly). Press the right side mirror setting button to activate Active right side mirror. Remember to switch back to Left side mirror active after you parking test.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How to set the right of left mirror to tilt when in reverse gear  (w205 c180)?

The park assist put me in the loading bay twice even though there were other lots available .

last night it tried to park in a parallel which i thought was way too small. Didn't have the balls to let it carry on so   i moved on and found another lot to park on my own .  

Guess thats y the se told me not to use this feature .  haha.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, joecamel said:

How to set the right of left mirror to tilt when in reverse gear  (w205 c180)?

The park assist put me in the loading bay twice even though there were other lots available .

last night it tried to park in a parallel which i thought was way too small. Didn't have the balls to let it carry on so   i moved on and found another lot to park on my own .  

Guess thats y the se told me not to use this feature .  haha.

ya.. i tried to use this autopark feature but once it seems too narrow and the car still wanted to continue to park so i chop chop aborted , no balls to try. I think maybe one day if u really want to try , ask ur wife or gf or friend to monitor for you outside the car and signal u whether can go ahead or not :)