• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wiper skips in New GLC250

Dooky

Hi all,  just bought my new glc 250 2 weeks ago,  has anyone experience the front windscreen wipers ( both)  skips and chatters while it's doing its job during rainy day? I've tried using a car windscreen cleaner to wipe both the windscreen and wiper blade rubber but still has the same issue..  Any advice? 

Try this silicone wipers called Crystal Wipers. Apparently not many silicone wipers are made for Merc ....PIAA makes very good silicone wipers but only for W204 & it's very expensive. Found Crystal Silicone Wipers after a long quest for my CLA45....not the best, but at least it got rid of the juddering & it's inexpensive. There are many adaptors available to fit them  

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=18368

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

Thanks for the effort to reply my post bro. Been reading your threads and others for the past hour.. And u r right to say its a merc legacy issue. But it just puzzles me that the back windscreen seems to be working fine..  I'm leaning towards the hypothesis that it can be the wiper arm tension pressure on the windscreen... Shall send to optima werkz to see if any genius there are able offer some sort of solution to it.... Will update on this post to share with others if I can get it resolved. Thanks again bro. Cheers 

On 10/25/2016 at 9:10 PM, Dooky said:

Hi all,  just bought my new glc 250 2 weeks ago,  has anyone experience the front windscreen wipers ( both)  skips and chatters while it's doing its job during rainy day? I've tried using a car windscreen cleaner to wipe both the windscreen and wiper blade rubber but still has the same issue..  Any advice? 

Hi, I have got the same ride as yours for last 3 months,  but don't have the problem you described. I park under shelter during the day. Maybe that is the different??? Dont know. 

• 1 month later...

Are u saying the "da da da da" sound when the wiper swipe which leave gaps in between the wipes like the windscreen surface is rough. Like many member here mentions could be due to wiper harden so need to change a new one which rubber more flexible. But you can try using newspaper to wipe the windscreen after you wash dry your car. This will create an oil on the windscreen which will smooth the wiper sweeping effect and no gaps. You can give it a try and see it works for yours.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my GLC for 3 months, have the same juddering issue. Apparently it's a global problem as various sites in the US and Australia cite the same problem. 

http://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/618907-noisy-windscreen-wipers-4.html

Been to Optima Werkz and they say it's bc of the windshield polish that the PI uses to gloss when in the showroom, and NOT the actual wiper. They tried cleaning it and actually helped for about a day, and then the juddering came back. They say they need to polish again. Haven't been back yet. 

I dont think its a polish problem, 

i have personally clayed the windscreen which effectively stripped off everything , same

i have autosol metal which pple here mentioned, lasted 1-2 rain sessions

i tried my own detailing polish , lasted 5 rain sessions max.

i been to cnc, they chged the wiper, polished the windscreen still same

my car is only 3 mths old and parked under shelter most times

i personally think its a material incompatibility problem 

pple here mentioned bosch n piaa but i could not find it anywhere

everybody including autobacs tell me w205 is too new no adapter

53 minutes ago, Utopian said:

I dont think its a polish problem, 

i have personally clayed the windscreen which effectively stripped off everything , same

i have autosol metal which pple here mentioned, lasted 1-2 rain sessions

i tried my own detailing polish , lasted 5 rain sessions max.

i been to cnc, they chged the wiper, polished the windscreen still same

my car is only 3 mths old and parked under shelter most times

i personally think its a material incompatibility problem 

pple here mentioned bosch n piaa but i could not find it anywhere

everybody including autobacs tell me w205 is too new no adapter

have you tried a little ipa to remove the polish better?

someone mentioned give time for the wipers to wear out a little and all will be fine. i am be trying this approach, seems to be easiest. :)

17 minutes ago, joecamel said:

have you tried a little ipa to remove the polish better?

someone mentioned give time for the wipers to wear out a little and all will be fine. i am be trying this approach, seems to be easiest. :)

I am abit concerned the alcohol might "eat" the wiper.

I think in terms of surface preparation claybar is the proper way to strip off all polish and impurities.

I cant give it time, its rainy season now and my wiper is sounding like a lorry :(

59 minutes ago, Utopian said:

I am abit concerned the alcohol might "eat" the wiper.

I think in terms of surface preparation claybar is the proper way to strip off all polish and impurities.

I cant give it time, its rainy season now and my wiper is sounding like a lorry :(

when its noisy, i spray a little windshield washer on it and it goes away for a while.

Used to have the same problem for my GLC wipers but not anymore for my front, except the rear...maybe I seldom use the rear wiper. This is what I did, I clean the wipers with car shampoo and activate the windscreen spray when it juddered. The juddering didn't go off immediately but it just smooth off over time...

• 6 months later...

Hi Dooky, I'm having the same issue with chattering wiper on my 2 months old GLC250 Coupe. I've changed wiper twice and polished windscreen twice at CC but it didn't last. Tried other methods but none works and it really frustrating. I've used PIAA wiper for all my previous rides and no chattering problem at all but couldn't get it anywhere like autobacs as the clips no similar. Any bros here know how to solved this or have lobang to get PIAA or any other wipers brand? I'm willing to try on any possible ways to get rid of this annoying sound!

1 hour ago, EssenzaAndy said:

Hi Dooky, I'm having the same issue with chattering wiper on my 2 months old GLC250 Coupe. I've changed wiper twice and polished windscreen twice at CC but it didn't last. Tried other methods but none works and it really frustrating. I've used PIAA wiper for all my previous rides and no chattering problem at all but couldn't get it anywhere like autobacs as the clips no similar. Any bros here know how to solved this or have lobang to get PIAA or any other wipers brand? I'm willing to try on any possible ways to get rid of this annoying sound!

Check out my thread.....

• 1 year later...