• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Left rear tail lamp/brake lamp message when no bulbs blown

If it's about to blow I'll wait till blow then change the bulb.. Think should be fine. But socket/connector burnt.. That sounds a bit complicated. @johnphua, u got the socket changed and how long was the process? And the cost?

15 hours ago, green_carnation said:

If it's about to blow I'll wait till blow then change the bulb.. Think should be fine. But socket/connector burnt.. That sounds a bit complicated. @johnphua, u got the socket changed and how long was the process? And the cost?

Many years back already can't recall how much. It was done at MBM. Before fixed, I on and off received check left bake light but my brake light was working

Just change the connector and if lamp socket melted you need to change too.

this is due to halogen bulbs have high current loaded.

$80/ for the connector with labour, and lamp base $90/.  sms 86689119 for appointment.

tail lamp connector.jpg

tail lamp bad contact.jpg

TAIL LAMP_1176.JPG

Sonic Racing
The Performance Racing Directory
Steve 86689119 / Warren 91192171

ADDRESS: 21, TOH GUAN ROAD EAST, #05-26, TOH GUAN CENTRE. SINGAPORE 608609.

ADDRESS: 8/1 RAMKHAMHEANG SOI 125, HUAMARK, BANG KAPI, BANGKOK, THAILAND 10240.

Merc section: +66 89 030 6638

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Racing-Thailand/242605509261937

lol you are right, just wait till it catch fire then change??

Do you know each piece 1156 halogen bulb take up how much current? do you know there are how many halogen bulbs drawing current (amps) from the Ground wire?? 

• Like 1

Sonic Racing
The Performance Racing Directory
Steve 86689119 / Warren 91192171

ADDRESS: 21, TOH GUAN ROAD EAST, #05-26, TOH GUAN CENTRE. SINGAPORE 608609.

ADDRESS: 8/1 RAMKHAMHEANG SOI 125, HUAMARK, BANG KAPI, BANGKOK, THAILAND 10240.

Merc section: +66 89 030 6638

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Racing-Thailand/242605509261937

aiyah, just open the lining cover behind & check  any sign of burn/melt @ the ground pin area ..simple eyeball check wat.. 

it's is the result of those high tech german engineer that forgot about basic ohm law : not enough grounding for the current loading.. 

Mine still look good , but I DIY added another ground wire from light cluster to chassis ..