• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AIG insurance by CnC

Is it advisable to renew with AIG (GnG)? They said gave discount, but still higher compare to other insurance companies.  The only benefit is they give you a car if you had a accident.  However, when my was undergoing repair, they didnt give me any car.

Anyone can explain why is AIG so expensive?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not renew with AIG after first year. You can opt for your workshop of choice ie CnC when you buy the insurance from another company. Same with replacement car but may not be 15 days and may not be a merc though you can pay more to get a lux car ( whatever that means). I saved $500 switching while still enjoy almost identical coverage. I got AXA flexidrive from a Broker.

12 hours ago, darksaint said:

AIG covers total damage loss if not wrong for cnc package and that might be the reason for the higher insurance cost. 

If repair due to accident then should have replacement car and money for lost of use if correct. 

I never understood what  it means to cover total demage cost.  The insurance I got is replacement of a new car if the car is less than 1 year old and 110% of market price of the car after the first year if it is deemed not economical for repair after an accident.

57 minutes ago, corgi said:

I never understood what  it means to cover total demage cost.  The insurance I got is replacement of a new car if the car is less than 1 year old and 110% of market price of the car after the first year if it is deemed not economical for repair after an accident.

As per what u said. If beyond repair. They cover you a new car. 

• 6 months later...