• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Routine Change Engine Oil Servicing

CH_OldMerc

Hi all W211 bros,

Just for sharing.

done my Service E servicing at an outside workshop today. "Service E due now" message had bugged me for past many days. Haha.

Brought own oil filter  and 8L Shell Helix Ultra. The V6 M272 E25 need so much engine oil!

Total damage : under $160

$15 Hengst OEM oil filter. (Ming Ghee)

$34.90 x 2 of 4L bottelShell Helix Ultra [Giant]

$45 labour including 33 points checking.

(E.g clean air filter using compress air, top up coolant,  check brakes & many others etc)

$25 computerized oil reset & scan (using handheld touchscreen PC device c/w OEM MB ASSYST PLUS software)

All in all under 90minutes and consider very budget.😊

Car feel livelier and smoother thereafter. Service F  due in 10000km or 180 days later. Lol.

So it's true that any good workshop can do general servicing for our Merc.

20161003_101640.jpg

Edited by CH_OldMerc
Added the beautiful V6 engine photo
  • Like 1

Yes. I'm aware of how to do it.

The steps as following :

(2007) Mercedes E Class

1. Close all doors bonnet and boot and turn the ignition to position II (ON)

2. Within 4 seconds of turning key on press the 0 button (located on instrument cluster) twice quickly

3. Within 10 seconds turn the key to position 0 (OFF) 

4. Press and hold the 0 button and turn the ignition back to position II (ON)

5. Continue to hold the button for 10 seconds or when you hear a signal sound and see the new service interval

6. Release the button and switch the ignition to position 0 (OFF)

But uncle me old liao, need workshop do it for convenience. Haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, rx7effini said:

Bro,

how do you know if it's your Cooling Coil giving probs?

I help to answer that...expert here pls comments if I am wrong.

One common problem is gas leaking on the coil...even after you topup new gas a few days before, the aircon will not be cold.

Due to our local xtreme temperature different..the coil will expand/contract everytime you turn on/off the aircon.

These expansion will cause the coil joint walding parts to weaken and thus the leaks....

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2016 at 10:59 AM, iMac said:

I help to answer that...expert here pls comments if I am wrong.

One common problem is gas leaking on the coil...even after you topup new gas a few days before, the aircon will not be cold.

Due to our local xtreme temperature different..the coil will expand/contract everytime you turn on/off the aircon.

These expansion will cause the coil joint walding parts to weaken and thus the leaks....

Another tip to help your Air con cooling Coil last longer.

Always keep the interior of your car clean especially the front passenger footwell side.

Also try not to let the Air Con go into recirculation mode that draws in air from outside.

11 hours ago, rx7effini said:

Another tip to help your Air con cooling Coil last longer.

Always keep the interior of your car clean especially the front passenger footwell side.

Also try not to let the Air Con go into recirculation mode that draws in air from outside.

I thou the aircon will "auto switch" for outside air every 15-20min ?

I try to search for ways to disable this function but cannot find any info on the internet. 

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT