• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New W246 owners signing in :)

petetherock

Anybody find if the paint work of the new B class sucks?

My car door got knock by some inconsiderate driver, and there is paint chip. This is the second time already. Now the car is full of pimple paint chips. Sad.......

8 hours ago, cheesebun said:

Just order this leather wheel cover for the steering from aliexpress. Need to do some needlework myself. Look easy on youtube video.

HTB1bFo6OFXXXXXSXXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg

All the best with the stitching..

BTW if you have the FL W246, the steering wheel is different, so do check with your seller, so he gives you the right version, cheers.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:11 PM, cheesebun said:

I installed a HUD from Amazon on my W246. Need to fine tune the offset to match the reading from the speedometer and the torque. Something like this in the picture. Transferred from my old jap car.

71yDy7Nh4eL._SL1200_.jpg

that is pretty neat, can share the link in amazon ?

Bros

I will go for my tire rotation at Pandan later this month, may I know how long will it take on a weekday?

Also, is there a boutique showroom there too? Might try and use some vouchers.

Anyone using the Genuine Mercedes Modular Travel and Style System, Base Module with Universal Hook? Or what do you use to hang your market purchases?

When you do the tire rotation, are we also allowed to enjoy the breakfast? Finally, do you guys take a shuttle back to Pandan or just grab a cab? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, petetherock said:

Bros

I will go for my tire rotation at Pandan later this month, may I know how long will it take on a weekday?

Also, is there a boutique showroom there too? Might try and use some vouchers.

Anyone using the Genuine Mercedes Modular Travel and Style System, Base Module with Universal Hook? Or what do you use to hang your market purchases?

When you do the tire rotation, are we also allowed to enjoy the breakfast? Finally, do you guys take a shuttle back to Pandan or just grab a cab? 

Thanks

I cannot comment for Pandan loop. I went to Ubi workshop. It will depend on your luck, if u encounter someone changing tires, it will take more than an hour wait. Ubi is around 45 mins normal wait.

As for hooks, I just bought those from Qoo10. Only $3-4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI

The techs at Merc know there are some rattling issues with the B Pillar, so if you do get some sounds, sound it out to your reps, and they can check it out..

I saw how they handle issues:

You get assigned a service rep, he's the one with the nice tie and sits in the showroom or service centre. He then calls a chap in blue to come in, who listens for such sounds, and then takes note of what needs to be.

He then drives the car into the service area.. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2017 at 10:04 AM, cheesebun said:

Just order this leather wheel cover for the steering from aliexpress. Need to do some needlework myself. Look easy on youtube video.

HTB1bFo6OFXXXXXSXXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg

This is my steering wrap with thd leather cover after a 4 hours job .

20170730_164350.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petetherock said:

Swee bro!

can you supply the link?

can I pay you to do mine?

love the red surround too!

Hi,

Any bro also ask me to do it for him. I told him can do it for a fee. Can pm u if u want.

I bought the leather cover from Ali express, the seller is betty auto accessories.  The screen capture of the link is attached. 

I spend quite sometime searching YouTube video to look at how people do it, but cannot find one for b class. So have to try and error for a while. Took me about 4 to 5 hours to complete the job.

Screenshot_20170730-195443.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...