• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New W246 owners signing in :)

petetherock

5 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Can I check if anyone sent their cars back for tire rotation at 5000km, and can you use your service credits?

Thanks

Yes. But they only change front to rear and vice versa. Costs about $20. You can use your credits for this.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 1:29 PM, petetherock said:

Can I check if anyone sent their cars back for tire rotation at 5000km, and can you use your service credits?

Thanks

Yes, I did for mine for 7 times already. can use ur service credit. Abt $15-17 bucks. Fyi, Alexandra always have to wait avg 2 hours just to rotate even at 3pm off peak hrs.. Pandan loop is bet Bec wait abt avg 30min wait during lunch hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petetherock said:

Wow 2 hours...

Anyways, how does the brekkie work? Do they give you a voucher or something?

How about Alex? Any makan provided? 

Thanks

Pandan loop serves complimentary delifrance pastry (good for breakfast), coffee, and osim massage chair. 

Alexandra also serve complimentary coffee. Not sure if the makan are free  bec I have not try before -- u can ask them when u check in ur car.

Allow me to sound like a plebian - they serve it, or you simply walk to the cafe and ask for food? 

I reckon we have enough folks here for a nice cuppa and hangout :)

It will also give me a chance to buy all the folks who answered my many questions a cuppa :D 

Thanks bros
One more thing:
I notice in ECO drive mode, the rpm will drop if my foot is not on the accelerator pedal. Does the car go into neutral and disengage the clutch? 
I wouldn't want that as the fuel I save isn't worth the stress on constantly engaging and disengaging the clutch ... and it's a bit disconcerting.. thanks!

This is what I got from Google: 

The ECO drive program is designed to achieve the lowest possible fuel consumption. This is ensured through calmer engine response, early gear changes and modified seat heating, rear window heating and climate control. In combination with hybrid technology, the program supports the so-called "gliding" and "gliding+" modes: if the driver removes his or her foot from

the accelerator, the vehicle uses its own kinetic energy and glides along the road in a fuel-saving way.

A second website says the clutch is disengaged:

Eco Dynamic Select

The Eco driving program shifts the focus of the vehicle to saving fuel. It engages the start/stop function to turn the engine off at stop lights and it turns the display into a guide that tells you how efficiently you are driving. This driving program also turns on the sailing function, which is brand new this year. The sailing function disengages the clutch when you take your foot off the gas pedal, allowing the (GLC in the website I saw) to coast at an idle engine speed and reduce fuel consumption.

http://www.arrowheadmb.com/blog/2016-mercedes-benz-glc-dynamic-select-features/

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 0:39 PM, petetherock said:

Changing the air filter in the engine compartment:

I installed this too for my W246. No improvement to the fuel consumption. Engine sound more rough, but can feel more power.

I also installed wire mesh car mat like those 3M type for both my front seats and back seats for just $60. The shop at kaki bukit just use your MB mat and put onto the wire mesh mat and trace and cut. All done up within 5 mins. Now the car floor felt softer compared to the orginal mat provided by MB.

U can PM me if u interested to get the mat. I will let u know the shop I went to.

• Like 1

On 19 May 2017 at 2:15 PM, cheesebun said:

I installed this too for my W246. No improvement to the fuel consumption. Engine sound more rough, but can feel more power.

Bro 

where did you buy the filter?

Can you pm me the carpet contact too? Thanks

14 hours ago, petetherock said:

Bro 

where did you buy the filter?

Can you pm me the carpet contact too? Thanks

I bought the filter from Qoo10. The seller is from USA listed in Qoo10. U can search for K&N filter with the model 33-2995. They also sell the cleaning and refill kit for the oil. Buy it with Qoo10 discount coupon to enjoy some saving. I think it is free shipping too.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:16 PM, Kenneth Goh said:

Use 98 and above and use Castrol Edge 10w60 oil for your engine if you driving a B200.

I find that 98 give more power to the car. Fuel consumption is slightly better, maybe by another 30km or so. But the price is not worth it to switch from 95 to 98.