• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New W246 owners signing in :)

petetherock

7 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Has anyone changed their runflats to regular tires?

Will there be a permanent warning about this on the dash ? Can you get rid of that?

Thanks

I have changed mine out the first day I have gotten the car. Gotten Michelin Primacy instead.

No warning, no error. Only thing to note is please tell the tyre shop that there are TPMS installed. They will be more careful in taking out the tyres to change.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.  Just got my W246 and wanna check with the owners, if the two side compartment in the boot are 'hollow' inside as in when you open it, you can see the cables inside ?

I used to own the W245, it compartment has a panel for you to place the safety kit & breakdown triangle.

Can anyone shed some lights please.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the reply, yeap, I saw the cables & the kit inside ... I'm really shock that C&C didn't bother to make the casing to cover up the cables inside ... it look so cheap le.

I go the black ;-)  and I did a 3Bond coating for the paint works ... now the car shines like a mirror ... love it.

Nice bro, 

I got a few items for mine:

- metal pedals

- car cover

- boot liner

- little dustbin

- seat belt cushion

- tire filler

- spare tire from ebay UK :)

- window visor (kiv) 

I buy my stuff from a variety of places:

- Amazon de

- alibaba

- ebay

- amazon UK

In Europe, this car is quite popular, so getting all kinds of stuff is easy. It's the shipping we need to consider..

wow ... you really did a lot of shopping for your ride.  But I really hope to find a casing to cover up the ugly boot compartment. Meantime, I am shopping for the following

1.  Front door container storage for the handle

2. Door edge guard trim

3. Boot mat or tray

11 minutes ago, petetherock said:

I can't find any door storage that fits our cars - keep in mind those you see in Ali are made for LEFT hand drive cars.

Boot tray can be bought from UK or Germany - pm me if you wanna join..

I might get some laser shades too..

laser shades , I don't think does for W246, Groovy does it

On 11/25/2016 at 9:31 PM, petetherock said:

Welcome to the club :)

Yes it comes with park assist  

So you have collected your ride?

Does it comes with leather steering? Is your interior all black? 

What color is yours? 

Am going to get some laser shades, wanna join?

Mine's brown. Interior all black !

Will attempt the park-assist one of these days :lol:

On 11/28/2016 at 5:31 PM, kwimango said:

new W246 owner here as well. tried the park assist at night when i got prompted. didn't manage to finish parking using the assist as there was another car waiting behind and the steering wheel was moving alot for parking. 

will try again next time 

when on Eco mode the blowers seems to blow hot air once the engine is stopped and running on auxillary batter. not so ideal when driving during the day. i haven't fully read the manual yet so maybe theres a way to change this

What is your temperature setting? It should be set to 21 degrees... 23 will give out hot air . so weird

1 hour ago, Reply Me said:

What is your temperature setting? It should be set to 21 degrees... 23 will give out hot air . so weird

Yep... Conti vehicle... they factor this for cold countries ... unfortunately no four seasons here ... hahahah ...
So anyway ... anything set from 24 and above ... hot air only.... ;-) 

Cheers

On 29/11/2016 at 10:13 AM, kwimango said:

sorry, which round button at the drivers side? was looking for it but didnt notice anything

reach down the right side of the drive seat. You will find a button... something like you would find on a game console. "Lumbar" support. You should find one on the front passenger seat too. Just that this will be on the left side of the passenger seat. Have fun. :)   

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, SgBusyBee said:

wow ... you really did a lot of shopping for your ride.  But I really hope to find a casing to cover up the ugly boot compartment. Meantime, I am shopping for the following

1.  Front door container storage for the handle

2. Door edge guard trim

3. Boot mat or tray

There is a LED for the front door handle, changes color when you changed the setting, in fact quite nice at night. Sure you want to cover it?

On 11/30/2016 at 10:28 AM, petetherock said:

Nice bro, 

I got a few items for mine:

- metal pedals

- car cover

- boot liner

- little dustbin

- seat belt cushion

- tire filler

- spare tire from ebay UK :)

- window visor (kiv) 

I buy my stuff from a variety of places:

- Amazon de

- alibaba

- ebay

- amazon UK

In Europe, this car is quite popular, so getting all kinds of stuff is easy. It's the shipping we need to consider..

Wa you really bought a lot of stuff...

3 hours ago, Reply Me said:

Wa you really bought a lot of stuff...

All items I feel I will use.

Also bought a phone holder, compass, stick on clock and thermometer and in future, I may decide to stitch on a leather wrap for my steering wheel. Complained to the rep, that it's not befitting of a Merc to have a urethane steering!

Oh well.. 

14 minutes ago, petetherock said:

All items I feel I will use.

Also bought a phone holder, compass, stick on clock and thermometer and in future, I may decide to stitch on a leather wrap for my steering wheel. Complained to the rep, that it's not befitting of a Merc to have a urethane steering!

Oh well.. 

Image result for b class mercedes

What i dont like is that our steering wheel is not chrome, as above

ours looked plasticky in black

25 minutes ago, daimlerfan said:

@Silverkris - that's a very nice leather wrap around. How is that serving you so far? I am very tempted go get it done too.. :) 

Great. I have decided against Nappa Leather due to easily scratched even by nails. My old car used to have that.

The feeling definitely much better than the original non leather bare steering wheel.

11 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

Great. I have decided against Nappa Leather due to easily scratched even by nails. My old car used to have that.

The feeling definitely much better than the original non leather bare steering wheel.

i guess that's a hint should I decide to get it wrapped... no Nappa leather ... ;-) 
If so, which other options would you recommend?

totally clueless... and i hate turning up in front of shop owners clueless.... makes me an ideal target to be a "carrot"  hahahahah