• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New W246 owners signing in :)

petetherock

Hi bros

I have just done the deed, and signed the paperwork..

Signing in to seek advice and tips from seniors here. Cheers :)

My first German made car, having had Korean, Jap, Belgium and Jap ones before this one.. 

I hope to see my ride before CNY, once the boat arrives from Rastatt. 

Please bear with the newbie as I seek info from senior Merc owners here. 

On 9/28/2016 at 10:26 AM, petetherock said:

Bro, 

When you use the Manual Mode, does the car upshift for you if you forget to shift to a higher gear after a certain rpm?

I guess you have exceed the first 1k? Did you change your driving style very much? 

Thanks

@petetherock still playing with comfort and ECO mode.. coming from Japanese brand, Yes.. have to adjust.. especially the DCT.. very different from CVT. 

Also,  just switch from 98 to 95.. still exploring.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bros

For DCT and other dual clutch cars, do frequent gear changes wear out the gearbox? Is it the clutch pad that requires changing?
So like manual cars, do you need to change something like a pad or some other item in the gearbox after a few years?

In a torque convertor auto, does the same changing of gears wear anything out? No pads there?

DCT or Dual Clutch gearboxes are more complicated than normal torque converters. They have more parts to start with, one clutch engaged while the other clutches always on standby to engage another gear, but more parts doesn't mean wear out faster, but tends to have more parts that can be damaged. In terms of reliability, more parts installed = lesser reliability.

But by having dual clutches, what the car gains is lesser waste of engine power to the wheels than conventional gears, thereby more efficient (may not be faster, just more efficient).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just gotten my new MB last week, and it is back into the paint shop this week. Never expect to find a paint chip off and it was touched up. I dunno who did the touched up either C&C or maybe from Germany itself.

Agent claimed that C&C QC will sure reject and never hand over such car to customer. But I am the sway one I guess!! Some more no compensation from C&C for the lose of use of car. Sianz......

So my advice to new MB owner, please do a check on the paint work when u collect your new car. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cheesebun said:

Just gotten my new MB last week, and it is back into the paint shop this week. Never expect to find a paint chip off and it was touched up. I dunno who did the touched up either C&C or maybe from Germany itself.

Agent claimed that C&C QC will sure reject and never hand over such car to customer. But I am the sway one I guess!! Some more no compensation from C&C for the lose of use of car. Sianz......

So my advice to new MB owner, please do a check on the paint work when u collect your new car. 

no matter how busy you are, make sure you check the paint work and interior scratches (piano finish). once you leave the lot, they will deny all scratches and dents. everything else just claim warranty.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Reply Me said:

Got my ride 3 days ago. Enjoying it :)) 

Just to check, does the B180 comes with park-assist? My SE didnt tell me 

yep.. quite fun with the parallel parking.. just keep an eye for low curb as sensors might not get it everytime.. enjoy! 

6 hours ago, Reply Me said:

Got my ride 3 days ago. Enjoying it :)) 

Just to check, does the B180 comes with park-assist? My SE didnt tell me 

Welcome to the club :)

Yes it comes with park assist  

So you have collected your ride?

Does it comes with leather steering? Is your interior all black? 

What color is yours? 

Am going to get some laser shades, wanna join?

new W246 owner here as well. tried the park assist at night when i got prompted. didn't manage to finish parking using the assist as there was another car waiting behind and the steering wheel was moving alot for parking. 

will try again next time 

when on Eco mode the blowers seems to blow hot air once the engine is stopped and running on auxillary batter. not so ideal when driving during the day. i haven't fully read the manual yet so maybe theres a way to change this

2 hours ago, kwimango said:

new W246 owner here as well. tried the park assist at night when i got prompted. didn't manage to finish parking using the assist as there was another car waiting behind and the steering wheel was moving alot for parking. 

will try again next time 

when on Eco mode the blowers seems to blow hot air once the engine is stopped and running on auxillary batter. not so ideal when driving during the day. i haven't fully read the manual yet so maybe theres a way to change this

welcome bro...  I believe you had your engine auto start /stop activated. if so, it's normal.. cos the intend is to save energy.. hahahah...  I normally switch it off before driving... 

• Like 1

yes JS400, took out the micro SD card the night we collected to check the camera angles and reformat it. my SE said you should periodically check and reformat the card to ensure it works well. also found out that the best way to view the videos is through the application provided and not just using any player (since it shows the back camera view as well)

collected Tuesday from pandan garden, nano sealant done on friday!

sorry, which round button at the drivers side? was looking for it but didnt notice anything

18 hours ago, Desmond Fong said:

Congratulation bro~

Anyone can share what's the little round button on the right side of the driver seat for?

That is the back support button. You can actually customized how hard you want your seat to be to support your back. It will not be obvious when you are not seating down. But you can try out while fully seated down with back on the seat and pressing the various directions of the round button. I finally found a setting to my liking.

Note: Mercedes seats are unlike Japanese / Koreans. They are not designed to be very soft like sofa. They are designed to offer good support so that the back will not feel tired after a long drive.