• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Metal rub sound when step on brakes in slow speed

dcaaa

Hi Guys, Any one experience this? Some frds told me is normal because is new car and brakes. I will also feel a jerk when I step my brake slowly to stop the car when moving at slow speed. But do not experience this when is moving at high speed. Just want to seek the guys experience before going back to CNC to check.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long it takes to bed in? Actually the sound is not there when braking at hi speed. Only hears it when it moving slowly and stopping...etc. in a jam. I booked a appt on 26th to let them see as busy this week with lots of meeting. Also need them to look at my rear bumper too. Seems not aligned properly. Can see gap diff. 

Hi Bro Tanwill. mine is a normal b180 only. Any way sending in my car next week on Monday for 3 days as my car was hit behind by a car yesterday morning..i feel I super heng getting this car. so will ask them to take a look at the brakes too. claim the party. whole bumper change out although bumper not big issue just abit misaligned.

4 hours ago, dcaaa said:

Hi Bro Tanwill. mine is a normal b180 only. Any way sending in my car next week on Monday for 3 days as my car was hit behind by a car yesterday morning..i feel I super heng getting this car. so will ask them to take a look at the brakes too. claim the party. whole bumper change out although bumper not big issue just abit misaligned.

@dcaaa: OUCH!!.... hope no major damages and no injury incurred... 

It is common for continental cars for brakes to have that rubbing sound during low speed braking. It is quite different from Korean / Japanese cars. Actually Japanese cars also will hear this if they upgraded their brakes kit.

Reason is because continental cars tend to use brake pads that is softer/harder? that bites more, thus you can hear the biting sound + LOTS of brake dust. The result is most continental cars having excellent braking capabilities.

We have different issues compared with the Japanese cars always complaining that the brakes don't bite enough.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:43 AM, Silverkris said:

It is common for continental cars for brakes to have that rubbing sound during low speed braking. It is quite different from Korean / Japanese cars. Actually Japanese cars also will hear this if they upgraded their brakes kit.

Reason is because continental cars tend to use brake pads that is softer/harder? that bites more, thus you can hear the biting sound + LOTS of brake dust. The result is most continental cars having excellent braking capabilities.

We have different issues compared with the Japanese cars always complaining that the brakes don't bite enough.

Yes, Merc  original brake pad is 100% jiak, you step on it , it will stop instantly !

Initially not very use to it as did not know it was so jiak, only complain is the brake dust is also a lot !