• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Top up engine oil

2016B180

image.jpegMileage clock appro 9550km. The display cluster shows check engine oil level. When I checked the engine oil level the next morning before starting the car, indicator shows oil level is below minimum. Called up service center hotline (Eunos) 1st time was told contact service rep. But he is not answering my called. Call service center hotline again, Adeline from Merc center (Alexander) answered, after listen to my explaination 2nd time (no record for my called 5 min ago) she said she is not good in technical problem so she tries to call Eunos center for me  but she could not get through after many tries! she say will call me back,  she would look for techinician for my query about whether car can be driven at oil level below min. And she was told to check with me whether car display said "Stop Car", if not it is ok to drive in to service center, she even help me to book the appt for just for topping up engine oil, and send in car to check after this weekend. In the center waited less than 0.5hr and result after service is no leakage so they just top up engine oil. 

As I need to send my daughter to school in the a.m. , I am so Fras with calling here and there during the check. But Adeline handle well, Thank you Adeline from Merc Center.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can use the car if the oil level is below min....its not totally empty. Just drive to a Esso station & buy a 1 lit bottle of Mobil 1 Gold....0W40. No need to sweat over it with SA in C&C.

Open up the hood & pour half in. Check the level again, if still not bet min & max....add some more....

Bring the car in to check for oil leak at your convenience,,,

At first they told me not to drive and cannot even advise me whether car can be driven  at low oil level. Yes was told to buy engine oil to top up but I rather let them settle the problem rather than me anyhow solved the problem and later got blame me wrong doing.

And heard many said bad service about service center but I met a good one. 

Just read the guide, it's said new car consume more engine oil! Don't understand, this my 1st conti. Never have this problem with Jap car.