• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Auto Start Stop

Hi friends

Just got my C180 last week. I have an issue with the auto start stop function. Since I collected the car, the signal is always yellow in color. I read the manual and its supposed to turn green for it to be functioning. I am wondering why my auto start stop has not worked for almost a week. Does any of the bros have the same problem?

Should I be worried and send car to check?

(1) Perhaps your air-con was set at very low temperature.  Try setting to 25C and see if it helps.  I had this initial 'problem'.

(2) Go to vehicle "Agility" setting and see if you have selected 'Eco' (on the centre screen)

But then again, I could be very wrong.

8 hours ago, eugenengcw said:

Hi friends

Just got my C180 last week. I have an issue with the auto start stop function. Since I collected the car, the signal is always yellow in color. I read the manual and its supposed to turn green for it to be functioning. I am wondering why my auto start stop has not worked for almost a week. Does any of the bros have the same problem?

Should I be worried and send car to check?

Gosh. I never knew how it work. My SE help me set start stop to off on an individual setting the day I collected my car. Been using that since Day 1! Haha.

for the stop-start function to work, there must be enough battery to power the air-con, radio, plus all other electronics in your car to function.

If you have not gone on the road long enough for the battery to charge or if your electronics has high demand on power (e.g. charging phone, air con too cold, etc), the indicator cannot turn to green

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, wheelslover said:

I'm facing similar issue lately, it remained in amber for weeks. Checked with SE and was told that could due to aging battery  (almost 1 yr), he didn change cos he said nothing failed.  Is this under warranty or need to pay, how much? 

Battery under wear and tear unless u try to push through say under 1 year already degraded badly. 

If your car has a small battery in the boot (auxiliary battery) then the eco function depends on that to work. If it's dead, the function will not work well. I leave my car for weeks without starting and now that battery is dead so ECO cannot work. But I personally like it. I no longer need to press it off everytime. :lol:

What i understand from C&C and also a friend that some car models (especially E class onwards) comes with 2 batteries. For small car like mine (A class), it has only one battery under the bonnet. If the car battery is weak, the Eco start/stop function does not work.

C&C charge in excess of $500 for a brand new battery (stating 2 years warranty with unlimited mileage -- OEM by Varta). I got mine changed to a Bosch battery at outside workshop for about $180. It works as good as the original one from C&C.

The friend who drives a E class coupe shared that his ride has a second battery located below the driver's seat. One time battery change (2 batteries) at C&C can cost him a bomb.

I had my ECO feature disabled. However it can be manually switched on if I pressed the ECO button. So now I don't have this irritating on/off feature at traffic stops that's set to on by default everytime I start the car. I still occasionally use the ECO feature....but just for a short while to make sure that it's still working.... lol!

Is this feature important to u? Sorry....I'm really not so green.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Odessus said:

So far I've only heard negative reviews or feedback about the Eco Start Stop function. I wonder why...

This function not suitable for Singapore traffic. Too many jams and slow traffic. Just imagine, stop-engine cut-inch 1 car length-engine start-stop again-engine cut. If in Europe where the car stops occasionally for a while then travel long distance maybe better.

40 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

This function not suitable for Singapore traffic. Too many jams and slow traffic. Just imagine, stop-engine cut-inch 1 car length-engine start-stop again-engine cut. If in Europe where the car stops occasionally for a while then travel long distance maybe better.

Agree. If they can fine tune it to like after 15 seconds or more than eco stop kick in might be better for our local traffic use. 

44 minutes ago, Odessus said:

Don't know if it's possible but maybe they can consider making the duration an option in the system where we can easily adjust to fit our driving style. 

Can't, it's all or nothing. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2016 at 0:12 AM, jtang said:

I had my ECO feature disabled. However it can be manually switched on if I pressed the ECO button. So now I don't have this irritating on/off feature at traffic stops that's set to on by default everytime I start the car. I still occasionally use the ECO feature....but just for a short while to make sure that it's still working.... lol!

Is this feature important to u? Sorry....I'm really not so green.

Is it possible for the ECO start Stop to be disabled by default? I have to press button everytime.