• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine LED light up (need advice)

DDDLow

Dear All

My reliable W203 C180 saloon, a year more to scrap, has the Engine LED lighted up.

My workshop diagnoised and indicated fuel mixture too rich.

Mechanic told me it's ok as long the car/engine still function normally. If want to find the problem needs to check many components and hence will take a long time. He even told me that type of petrol used play a part too.

Anyone can advise on this matter?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the same issue, fuel mixture too rich. Mine is a W204 and was due to a crack in the pipe near the exhaust header causing the sensor to have a wrong reading. The car will still drive normally if fuel mixture is rich. I had a fuel mixture too lean issue before which caused the car to be severely underpowered. 

Hi MarkCWG and snsd555

Thank you for your advice.

Other new problems will use the came Engine LED to indicate ya? So if the LED remains lighted then I won't now right, is this concern valid?

I saw many W203 renew COE, good car to keep but COE value remains a key factor on the final decision.

Any renewed COE W203 drivers there? Any comment?

Have a nice weekend to all.

16 hours ago, MarkCWQ said:

Had the same issue, fuel mixture too rich. Mine is a W204 and was due to a crack in the pipe near the exhaust header causing the sensor to have a wrong reading. The car will still drive normally if fuel mixture is rich. I had a fuel mixture too lean issue before which caused the car to be severely underpowered.

Hi Mark

How long your workshop took to find the fault?

1 hour ago, DDDLow said:

Hi Mark

How long your workshop took to find the fault?

For mine, they hoisted the car up only can see the crack already. Quite obvious. 5 mins?

6 hours ago, DDDLow said:

Other new problems will use the came Engine LED to indicate ya? So if the LED remains lighted then I won't now right, is this concern valid?

It's a valid concern for me. CEL is a definite no no for me. Safety first...

• 1 year later...