• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Average FC for B180?

HappyB180

FC is difficult to compare between drivers.  It depend on the type of route you drive (city vs highway/expressway) and also the driving habit (heavy footer or?)

Just based on figure and ask if it is normal, honestly, not possible to comment.

Hi all, I found FC of my B180 is not as good as expected.

So far clocked ~4000 km, with average consumption at 9.9L/100km (average speed = 25km/h).

Is it normal?

Yes 10-12L/100km is normal if u r driving in stop-go expressway traffic jam or in places with traffic lights.

FC is difficult to compare between drivers.  It depend on the type of route you drive (city vs highway/expressway) and also the driving habit (heavy footer or?)

Just based on figure and ask if it is normal, honestly, not possible to comment.

I've listed my average speed to be 25km/L, which should have factored in highway/city part.

Hi all, I found FC of my B180 is not as good as expected.

So far clocked ~4000 km, with average consumption at 9.9L/100km (average speed = 25km/h).

Is it normal?

city driving 85% of the time (peak hr), in ECO mode, engine start/stop feature off... been getting 10.9L/100km so far. only covered ard 1500km since collected vehicle ard 1mth ago. :(

I've listed my average speed to be 25km/L, which should have factored in highway/city part.

I make some observations on my fuel consumption based on 25min to travel 6km (heavy slow traffic on expressway and 2 traffic lights) and another 10min to travel 10km at expressway cruuising 70km/h.

Simplistic formula to roughly estimate ur fuel consumption based on time spent on city and expressway as follows:

(12L/100km x T25 + 6L/100km x T70)/(T25 + T75) = 10.2 L/100km.

Where

T25 = 25 min spent travelling at average 25km/h due to stop go traffic lights or expressway heavy jams.

T70 = 10 min spent cruising at 70km/h at expressway.

In summary, ur FC is heavily dependant on the proportionn of time spent at slow heavy jams or stop go traffic.

I was able achieve consistently, comfort mode with auto start stop off, 6-7 L/100km everyday (45km/trip = 25min 6km at 25km/h w 12L/100km FC for jams from Punggol to KPE tunnel entrance + 35min 40km at 70km/h w 5-5.5 L/100km FC for KPE MCE AYE). My 6mths mileage is 15000km already and hence is able to make this rough observation quite confidently.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kingfisher07 said:

I make some observations on my fuel consumption based on 25min to travel 6km (heavy slow traffic on expressway and 2 traffic lights) and another 10min to travel 10km at expressway cruuising 70km/h.

Simplistic formula to roughly estimate ur fuel consumption based on time spent on city and expressway as follows:

Where

T25 = 25 min spent travelling at average 25km/h due to stop go traffic lights or expressway heavy jams.

In summary, ur FC is heavily dependant on the proportionn of time spent at slow heavy jams or stop go traffic.

I was able achieve consistently, comfort mode with auto start stop off, 6-7 L/100km everyday (45km/trip = 25min 6km at 25km/h w 12L/100km FC for jams from Punggol to KPE tunnel entrance + 35min 40km at 70km/h w 5-5.5 L/100km FC for KPE MCE AYE). My 6mths mileage is 15000km already and hence is able to make this rough observation quite confidently.

Hope this helps.

Hi bro, thanks for the reply. I can see my FC is normal for B180, while it's a bit above my expectation. Thought I can make ~8L/100km in city driving..

On 24/08/2016 at 8:40 PM, kingfisher07 said:

Where

Hope this helps.

Wow you sound like some mathematician or engineer or something like that... The formula... wow...

On 8/26/2016 at 5:19 PM, Odessus said:

Wow you sound like some mathematician or engineer or something like that... The formula... wow...

no lah, not engineer or mathematician... was also just trying to answer my own curosity over the FC thingy and sharing my own observations. :) 

• Like 1