• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

List of warranty issues with your W205

algergohce

Dear all, thinking of consolidating all your W205 warranty issues so that we have a common knowledge base and determine if those are really issues and what CnC can, and cannot do. Also good information for potential owners. I start first.

Nov 15, C180, 11000KM

1. 12V socket no power. 1st time (1 day) went in and they determined that there was a relay that was defective and they don't have stock for it (really??!!). Eventually, they ordered the part and my car went in for another 1 day to replace the relay after 2 weeks.

2. Screeching sound when braking to near stopping speed. Screeching sounds as if the brake pads were worn out. Pretty embarrassing actually to see a new W205 pull up at traffic lights with screechy brakes. CnC diagnosed as front brake discs uneven, causing the sound. They took it in for 2 days and grinded the discs. Solved the problem.

3. Loud knocking sound near engine to cabin firewall area. Every time going over uneven roads, humps, or slopes, there is a loud knocking sound from within the dashboard area. Again, quite embarrassing actually to have such a new car having this issue when passengers were alarmed about the sound. It felt like something is loose and knocking around inside. Car is still with CnC. They informed me that the sound was due to a loose aircon heater pipe which had come loose. Update : Noise eliminated. 

4. Rattling sound at driver door near window. Understand this is a common problem with the W205. Car is still in CnC together with the above problem. They informed me that they have replaced both (driver and passenger side) window guides. (whatever that is). Update : noise eliminated.

Alger

2yo W205

had window rattling sound, sent back to svc center, resolved but came back. Got a lubricant from a guy, lubricate the felt whenever i heard it come back. works like a charm. 

replaced pads a month back due to screeching sound, previous w204 also same situation.

• 3 weeks later...

my car had 3 things not working when i collected it.

1) driver side window controls could wind down rear windows but not wind up

2) Eco start stop wasnt working

3) Window washer not working

They rectified it during an appointment fixed a week after collection, but it meant leaving the car with them for 2 days.

Looks like South Africa has bad QC

On 8/19/2016 at 9:41 AM, LYH said:

1) Wind noise for me. Above 85km/h

2) High pitch sound when engaging brake hold.

Otherwise, just turn up the radio and enjoy the car! Haha

Forgot to add, 3 week old car

I also noticed the same issues.

Wind noise-also heard at the about 85KM/H

Brake hold - faint high pitch noise heard after a few seconds from activation of brake hold. (pretty soft, but can be rather irritating if you 'tune' your ears to it.. then again, as you mentioned, the sound system will drown it out anyway

Looks like normal to the car then..

Generally, this car is pretty noisy compared to my previous GS300, which was whisper quiet and devoid of these noises.

Alger

W205, Nov 15, 13000KM

2 hours ago, Omgamg said:

just curious if the wind noise you heard is actually the turbo sound.... whee whee whispering type. sounds likes wind but it's not

I don't think it is the wheezing from the turbo. In general, the turbo from the engine cannot really be heard too clearly. In addition, the wind sound increases with speed, not RPM, which the turbo wheezing will. I drove a turbo diesel when I was working in Europe. The turbo wheezing is quite distinctive.

The wind noise comes from the door area, probably from wing mirror area. It's probably a result of turbulence of the airflow around the area. 

Alger.

• 4 weeks later...

W205 C200 With LOTS of issues.

1.  Total failure of the touch pad.  Whole unit replaced

2. Auto wipers not working.  Took a week to repair

3. Noisy scraping in steering column inside the cabin. Fixed but back now.  Needs repair again!!

4. GPS Hanging & keeps resetting.  Repaired with new SD card, software (I was lucky because got the latest map)

5. Constant problem with wiper judder and squeaking noises.  Did everything.  Replaced with Bosch Wipers myself. Problem solved

6.  Rattling in both front windows.  Replaced with new guide rails.  Problem solved

7. Leaking in heavy rain in passenger front door.  Repaired (not sure what they did)

8. Boot lid did not open automatically.  Only raised 2-3 inches then stopped.  Reparied.  Blamed it on software

9.  AC fan would suddenly go to full but no air flowing out the front vents.  Repaired.

10.  Brakes noisy when almost stopping.  Common problem I believe.  I didn't do anything about this.

11.  Head Up Display intermittent problems.  Software update resolved this.

Probably the car with the most problems I have ever had.

2 years old 15,000KM. Still new really.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2016 at 1:41 PM, bravooc10 said:

2yo W205

had window rattling sound, sent back to svc center, resolved but came back. Got a lubricant from a guy, lubricate the felt whenever i heard it come back. works like a charm. 

replaced pads a month back due to screeching sound, previous w204 also same situation.

Where did you get the lubricant from?

I think I need to get it too.

Thanks!

Claim warranty for driver side wing mirror glass as got some blackish fungus growth inside mirror. Also claim warranty for the soft closing lid main console as spring lever broke. Warranty claim for petrol flap ( not aligned with body and can pop out after closing ), This one cnc tech broke it and then use double sided tape to stick it back and then tell me fix already no need to change. Luckily coz they send car wash, the double sided tape was drenched and when i pop open the flap, it dropped out. Raised a fuss with the wkshop manager. New replacement ( petrol flap must be sprayed to body colour) 1 week later and 10 mins job, no need to make appt or wait long. Moral of story, check before driving off from service centre. To be fair the SA was very apologetic and did his best to expedite everything. Wkshop people not honest though. If broken should just admit fault and tell owner. Cannot imagine if i drove off and then they say is my fault for breaking flap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Claimed warranty for undercarriage cover. It dropped off and was ripped off due to rubbing with road while driving..couldnt stop on expressway so by time drove to carpark the thing came off as i park car..cnc tell me undercarriage cover broken off and pin blame that i broke it by driving which i told them it is not safe and ridiculous for me to stop on expressway.i told them i did not hit any rd bump as my cover was not damaged or dented in any way n rather it jus came off due to poor plastic quality. Then showed me the new cover to let me see which part was broken n say mus replace whole cover and want to charge me $170 before gst and labour as tell me undercarriage cover is one of items not covered by warranty. Of course i asked to see claims manager saying that for a  mercedes to have defective undercarriage cover is  not reflective of the high quality claims of mercedes benz and customer was never told that warranty was not covered fot what is essentially a body part that was not damaged by the owner but rather the screws that held it worn out and the cover came off.. cnc said they will cover under customer goodwill and then claims manager say maybe no part yet but i said cannot be...yr SA jus showed me a new cover and then he said oh is it and then tell me maybe cant do it now as no appt which i said i already made an appt that day so what was he talking about..in the end car was fixed within an hour and ready. To be fair at least cnc responded to close the case on a good note although i wonder about the outcome if i just kept quiet and followed what they said..sad state of service.

• 2 years later...
On 8/19/2016 at 9:41 AM, LYH said:

1) Wind noise for me. Above 85km/h

2) High pitch sound when engaging brake hold.

Otherwise, just turn up the radio and enjoy the car! Haha

Forgot to add, 3 week old car

Knowing this thread was old just wondering did you get both pointers resolved?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys my c200 doesn’t start right away it cranks but doesnt start. I usually do it a 
couple of times and then it starts (sometimes it takes up to an hour or 2) . I went to repair shops and some told me its fuel pump others say spark plugs and others say engine sensors. I replaced spark plugs and still has the same problem. And i went to this repair shop that know about German cars and checked the fuel pump and says its working and then checked all four fuse boxes and said all fuses and relays are working fine. Does anyone know a solution of this problem or has happened to them and fixed it if so please help me. Thanks

This's not normal! 

Standard is 1 or 2 crank your engine should start

Go to a reliable workshop that are familiar with MB or check our site sponsor workshop

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)