• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My mods! (Value for Money Version)

LYH

Just want to share some of mods!

20160814_132039_resized.jpg

Red air con vent rings!

20160814_132032_resized.jpg

CF sticker! Supposed to cover the entire centre console, but no guts to do it yet. Hard to handle such a big piece. Anyway, the effect now seems surprisingly good! So will probably let it stay as it is. Just got to take extra care of the piano black surface.

20160814_132024_resized.jpg
Overall look.

20160814_132046_resized.jpg

Same sticker on the steering wheel. As well as the small AMG logo sticker. Cheap cheap from Taobao!

20160814_132102_resized.jpg

Another CF sticker. I think I like the CF look! Haha!!

20160814_132122_resized.jpg

AMG pedals! REPLICA, but the quality is surprisingly good! I know its not the real thing, but good enough for me. They are slipped on snugly, so no worries about slipping. Safety is my utmost concern!

20160814_132324_resized.jpg

Again CF bootlid. Got it from a nice young man.

20160814_132337_resized.jpg

Other than the car and the driver is original, all the mods are replicas!

Everything all in costs less than $300!

Forgot to take picture of my CF key cover which another forummer (Treestar) here has, from T Carbon.

Awaiting arrival of AMG door pins.

Torn between changing rims or wait till the next time I need to change tires.

Wanted to do PPS as well, but decided to use the nano sealant from Cycle however sucky it is and let it "tong" for 12 months first?

Edited by LYH
Changed out the mickey mouse photos
  • Like 5

Where did you get those Door pin? easy to install?

If you don't mind, can you share the source of the stuff that you have gotten? I like to do some DIY too.

I got the door pins frm jbspeed. Easy to install, jus unscrew the plastic ones and screw the new ones in. Be warned that they do take their time to ship the item out, so order early!

The rest of the stuff I got them all from Taobao, except for the bootlid which is from a local seller.

Do note that there are many sellers on Taobao, so choosing the ones with good reviews is important.

2 hours ago, Omgamg said:

the CF sticker must cut yourself?

how to remove the stock door pins?

@Omgamg

Sticker comes pre cut. Just need to stick on.

Door pins are easy. Use a plier, wrap a rag around the stock pin and use the plier to unscrew them will do.

I don't intend to re use the stock pins, so didn't bother with the rag. My stock pins look like they have been bitten by dogs afterwards. Haha!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J&E said:
On 8/23/2016 at 6:19 PM, LYH said:

AMG Door Pins!

20160822_175525_resized_1.jpg

Nice Box!

20160823_170902_resized_1.jpg

Unlocked

20160823_170918_resized_1.jpg

Wanna do this too.

@J&E

I tried to PM you last week regarding whatsapp group chat for W205. But your box is full.

Anyway, I got the door pins from jbspeed. 10 mins job to screw off the stock pins, and screw on the new ones! 65 USD for a set of 4 inclusive of shipping.

Very easy to do. I was initially apprehensive because I saw some youtube videos that the rear doors are not screw on type, need to remove door panel. But I was told W205 is all 4 screw on by the seller. Took a step of faith, and true enough, very easy to install!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LYH said:

@J&E

I tried to PM you last week regarding whatsapp group chat for W205. But your box is full.

Anyway, I got the door pins from jbspeed. 10 mins job to screw off the stock pins, and screw on the new ones! 65 USD for a set of 4 inclusive of shipping.

Very easy to do. I was initially apprehensive because I saw some youtube videos that the rear doors are not screw on type, need to remove door panel. But I was told W205 is all 4 screw on by the seller. Took a step of faith, and true enough, very easy to install!

PM again. I just cleared. 

2 hours ago, godfathervii said:

Since we are at cheap stuff from taobao, I got a fair amount of interior aesthetics from this seller as well.

Pretty much all my aluminium trimmings and colored AC vents are from there.

I didn't take any pics but will post some when I get the chance.

yuncoj旗舰店

Can try copy paste and look for the shop.

Here are the blue trimmings I added to my AC.

Placed a metal place on the LCD screen as well.

IMG_8291.JPG

IMG_8292.JPG

IMG_8293.JPG

5 hours ago, godfathervii said:

Here are the blue trimmings I added to my AC.

Placed a metal place on the LCD screen as well.

IMG_8291.JPG

IMG_8292.JPG

IMG_8293.JPG

I pasted mine blue too! But damn, till today, I've yet to figure out how to insert that blue strip.............

14 hours ago, J&E said:

I pasted mine blue too! But damn, till today, I've yet to figure out how to insert that blue strip.............

It took me a while too and I accidentally bent mine so if you look closely at the, it's not stuck on properly in the middle...

Apparently the strip is a bit concave to one side. You need to fix it such that the concave side is facing downwards.

Right side is "squeezed" in and it will hold, left and center you have to depend on the tape.

Good luck!

• Like 1