• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BEWARE - Low rear ground clearance for W176

mountaingoat_gray

Reversed a little too deeply into the MSCP lot today... and realised that I have merely 5mm clearance (less when suspension is loaded) between kerb and bumper. 

b3rbky.jpg

The rear muffler/exhaust is also very low on the A/B class. Missed that by maybe 2cm. 

Be extra careful when reversing over a kerb. This car is particularly unforgiving! 

Strangely this W176 has good ground clearance at the front, something that was quite poor for the W169 A class. 

• Like 1

I just got a W169 too and realised this. Do we have an option to lift the rear higher?

The W169 rear is fine la. It's the front that is the problem. Just 1cm more front clearance than an SLS apparently. Just gotta go slow down carpark ramps and over humps. 

The W169 rear is fine la. It's the front that is the problem. Just 1cm more front clearance than an SLS apparently. Just gotta go slow down carpark ramps and over humps.

Oh, but I went over the carpark hump very slowly and there's still a loud "bang" sound. then maybe is the hump too high.