• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w213 PI model

jaswat

17 minutes ago, Merc Lover said:

So, the difference between CNC and PI is more than 30K different. Isn't that amazing that still people want to buy from C&C when they can save so much from PI?

So far, I wonder does anyone has mechanical issue with the mercedes they buy from PI? 

One thing I notice is that the mercedes that PI imported have sunroof whereas those from C&C don't have. I wonder what is the reason? 

If you had read my post about buying from PI... you will realise that I put the issue on price at No 4.... all because the 3 reasons before that is so much more important than price... one being reputation... and Workshop that covers your warranty... third being you buy the car you see... Many go to AD because of peace of mind when car breaks down... Some PI will give all sorts of excuse when your car does... even though it's not that often... and sometime you have to fork out a lot of money yourself when the PI doesn't want to pay for the repair... Then it all comes to the reputation of the company... I bought my ride from V****r.... the covered the warranty when my car has issue before warranty ends... and paid for the repair... SO do your research.... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Yes, the warranty issue is very important as even if you pay less, but if the car keeps breaking down, the cost of repair may surpass the advantage of the difference in cost. 

A reliable PI is very important and hopefully one that has a strong financial backing and not those getting huge bank loan from the bank :coldb:

20 hours ago, Ah Bui said:

If you had read my post about buying from PI... you will realise that I put the issue on price at No 4.... all because the 3 reasons before that is so much more important than price... one being reputation... and Workshop that covers your warranty... third being you buy the car you see... Many go to AD because of peace of mind when car breaks down... Some PI will give all sorts of excuse when your car does... even though it's not that often... and sometime you have to fork out a lot of money yourself when the PI doesn't want to pay for the repair... Then it all comes to the reputation of the company... I bought my ride from V****r.... the covered the warranty when my car has issue before warranty ends... and paid for the repair... SO do your research.... 

Another question is, if there is a recall, how does PI handle such a situation? 

23 hours ago, Merc Lover said:

Another question is, if there is a recall, how does PI handle such a situation? 

You need to ask Dealer... as usual... it all depends on how financially strong the dealers is... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got mine from car lingual.

Price does play a part. Mercedes play a part on reliability over bmw. Widescreen cockpit plays a big part too. Overtrade also. C n c gave a say 18k ot. But my car take in 10k lesser than quoted by my pi.

Gam gam hor car lingual has the color combo n trim i want. So take.... hehe.

Now prob i wan android car play and singapore cum malaysia map to make use of the widescreen.

Was tempted a by cnc e250 frm cnc but tink dun wan spend so much liao..

. Overtrade but dun use that amt to reduce car price.... haiz... 277k leh...

• Like 1

On 08/05/2017 at 10:21 PM, Merc Fan said:

Yes, the warranty issue is very important as even if you pay less, but if the car keeps breaking down, the cost of repair may surpass the advantage of the difference in cost. 

A reliable PI is very important and hopefully one that has a strong financial backing and not those getting huge bank loan from the bank :coldb:

Look like TS's PI not very reliable.

Sold TS a UK model, now ask TS to source the local software himself.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

11 hours ago, Spurman said:

Price does play a part. Mercedes play a part on reliability over bmw. Widescreen cockpit plays a big part too. Overtrade also. C n c gave a say 18k ot. But my car take in 10k lesser than quoted by my pi.

Now prob i wan android car play and singapore cum malaysia map to make use of the widescreen.

Is there any discount from car lingual from their list price?

12 hours ago, Spurman said:
On 30/06/2017 at 5:52 PM, mysticryan said:

Hi Bro,

So you got 10K less for overtrade from PI as compared to C&C which gives you 18K? If that is the case, then it narrows the price between PI and C&C right?

By the way, I thought C&C only offers 15K overtrade?

12 hours ago, Merc Fan said:

Hi Bro,

So you got 10K less for overtrade from PI as compared to C&C which gives you 18K? If that is the case, then it narrows the price between PI and C&C right?

By the way, I thought C&C only offers 15K overtrade?

Price list was 260k... ot 18k. So ard 242k.

Take my car 114k

Car lingual was 212k.

Take my car 125k.

So decided on car lingual and got my ride liao. Hehe

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

Take my car 114k

Car lingual was 212k.

Take my car 125k.

Your 212k from car lingual is E200 or E220d?

6 hours ago, Spurman said:

Take my car 114k

Car lingual was 212k.

Take my car 125k.

For the price of 212K, it is definitely a good price as compared to C&C.

242 -114 = 128

212 - 125 = 87

The difference is 41K. That is a lot of difference!!!

2 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Mine is e200.. not diesel.

Did looked at diesels... only have black interiors and non wide screens.

So booked petrol.

Good choice. The E220d not worth it.

26 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

For the price of 212K, it is definitely a good price as compared to C&C.

242 -114 = 128

212 - 125 = 87

The difference is 41K. That is a lot of difference!!!

Omv lower from pi. 49.5k. So arf ard 60k.

3yrs warranty vs 5yrs.

No sg n my map. Need to get elebest to install. No suction door. Its okay. Got sunroof. Okay to have.

Widescreen cockpit a huge plus. Only e250 cnc have. 

So a bit of trade off here n then.

Will i ger frm pi again. Why not. Need to get a good pi most importantly.

6 minutes ago, swissfondue said:

Good choice. The E220d not worth it.

E220d now should be less than 200k.... i was seriously looking into it. Me a high milleage user. If there were brown interior n black exterior plus widescreen i would have snapped e220d. Hehe.

I expect to drive 30 to 35000km a yr. So actually e220 suits me.

Just now, Spurman said:

E220d now should be less than 200k.... i was seriously looking into it. Me a high milleage user. If there were brown interior n black exterior plus widescreen i would have snapped e220d. Hehe.

I expect to drive 30 to 35000km a yr. So actually e220 suits me.

I do 40000 km a year :) But I think diesel tax will slowly be increased over time by the government.

5 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

Brown seats are nice! But somehow it gets a bit dark inside when it is brown inside and and black outside. I chose selenite grey outside and beige inside.

Exactly what I have :)

• Like 1