• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w213 PI model

jaswat

16 minutes ago, Spurman said:

Mine is 2016

The 2017 model has some different details. Two that I noticed are:

1) Black hood emblem instead of silver

2) Black hub caps instead of silver 

Normally those two above comes with only either the "Night Edition" or "Night Package"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jaswat said:

Elebest charges 3.6k for SEA maps conversion. Pretty high consider it is only software and no hardware. 

If you guys have other source , pls share

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222626361983

managed to find this on ebay, not sure if u want to try it out?

suspect it's just a swap of SD card will do the trick

or i'll be heading to JB C&C to ask if they sell the map and how much

8 hours ago, Autoswede said:

SE was commenting on this when I took delivery of my e200 from C&C. 

Update map on COMAND ~3k, but update map on  Garmin map pilot (my e200 on audio 20), ~300.

Isn't our map on our navigation system updated if we took delivery of our car this year? Is there a need to update again? 

On 18/08/2017 at 9:22 AM, ALEXONG said:

Any Bro can advice the mileage for first servicing? Mine already 5K but no message to prompt for servicing. For C n C cars, when is the first servicing? Thanks a lot....

How long did you have your W213? It reaches 5K so soon?

22 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

Isn't our map on our navigation system updated if we took delivery of our car this year? Is there a need to update again? 

No need to update when taking delivery , in fact  I haven't  bothered to update the maps on my factory fitted navigation in my previous cars. 

Guess se was trying to console me about having the Garmin for navigation instead of the COMAND one. 😂

I'll still use my phone GPS anyway...

I also thinking if want to install sg/my maps or not. the whole navi button so big there but cannot press... but my PI (TTS) charges 2k. now i connect my handphone (not car play) use google map is free... my wife says install map might as well use that money to change the front grill to diamond look one... which is quite true. really hard to justify a few thousand just for map...

39 minutes ago, Autoswede said:

I do not take the car outside singapore, the Navi button of my previous ride was pressed ....   less than 10 times in 3 years and all of those were when I just got the car😂.

Spending on diamond grill more shiok 

totally agree! I have yet to collect my W213 E200 AVG which comes with Audio 20. Still look for a mod to allow me for it to take Andriod Auto and Apple Carplay. The options are:

1. Go Elebest to install Comand. Most expensive option.

2. Go JB C&C to install. Troublesome.

3. Install the Navi HUD. Much cheaper but limited after sales. Have to DIY and fixed the connection to the OBD2 socket.

4. Buy a handphone holder and use my phone as a navigation aid. Cheapest but not cool. :)) 

13 hours ago, vitaminc1231 said:

I also thinking if want to install sg/my maps or not. the whole navi button so big there but cannot press... but my PI (TTS) charges 2k. now i connect my handphone (not car play) use google map is free... my wife says install map might as well use that money to change the front grill to diamond look one... which is quite true. really hard to justify a few thousand just for map...

pray tell, how do u connect your handphone and use google map? i'm on android

1 hour ago, chiusk said:

pray tell, how do u connect your handphone and use google map? i'm on android

You can connect to the USB port (left one not the apple play one) or bluetooth, but both will not show your map on the navi screen, only handphone. but at least the sound does come through the speaker so it's good enough for me.

6 hours ago, Merc888 said:

totally agree! I have yet to collect my W213 E200 AVG which comes with Audio 20. Still look for a mod to allow me for it to take Andriod Auto and Apple Carplay. The options are:

1. Go Elebest to install Comand. Most expensive option.

2. Go JB C&C to install. Troublesome.

3. Install the Navi HUD. Much cheaper but limited after sales. Have to DIY and fixed the connection to the OBD2 socket.

4. Buy a handphone holder and use my phone as a navigation aid. Cheapest but not cool. :)) 

The last time I checked Apple Carplay, it only supports Apple map not good maps/waze, but that was when carplay 1st launch, not sure now, better verify again. My car has command online but need to top up few hundres more for carplay, which I didn't. I did option 4 mentioned :P.

16 minutes ago, vitaminc1231 said:

The last time I checked Apple Carplay, it only supports Apple map not good maps/waze, but that was when carplay 1st launch, not sure now, better verify again. My car has command online but need to top up few hundres more for carplay, which I didn't. I did option 4 mentioned :P.

Option 4 can look cool too if we can find a nice holder. :)) 

By the way, did you try to connect your apple phone via the usb port to the Comand system? I was told the A-class works this way through Audio20. 

my option 4 is from taobao, yet to receive it so not sure how cool it will be, but at least doesn't look big, magnetic type.

I can connect the phone through USB, so my phone call, maps and music sound all out from speaker. the left screen does show what song it is playing. Does this means it is connected to Command system...? Because I really dont know what command system is.. haha.

Am still trying to figure out what is the WIFI for too, I know overseas model have SIM card inside, but ours shouldn't have. so not sure if any use. 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:46 AM, jaswat said:

Elebest charges 3.6k for SEA maps conversion. Pretty high consider it is only software and no hardware. 

If you guys have other source , pls share

was told by the seller that can just plug n play...wonder if anyone wanna share the risk with me to try?