• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w213 PI model

jaswat

Hi guys

i just got my new PI W213 but the maps were that of UK.

i wanted the singapore local map but was quoted $1.5k

i dunno if i am being ripped off ?

await for your advise

cheers

How much did you pay for the car? 

You got the diesel model? You can ask our site sponsor Elebest to help you....

Hi guys

i just got my new PI W213 but the maps were that of UK.

i wanted the singapore local map but was quoted $1.5k

i dunno if i am being ripped off ?

await for your advise

cheers

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

congrats for your purchase

nice/lucky to have the widescreen cockpit

panoramic roof my favourite esp on white cars.

Visited one PI yesterday at Automobile megamart - understand that even the Premium Plus with burmester surround and multibeam LED version does not come standard with it, has to indent/extra options.

hi guys

i got it from thong lee. AMG with paranomic roof and full 2 x 12.3 screen .

do show us some pictures.....

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

congrats for your purchase

nice/lucky to have the widescreen cockpit

panoramic roof my favourite esp on white cars.

Visited one PI yesterday at Automobile megamart - understand that even the Premium Plus with burmester surround and multibeam LED version does not come standard with it, has to indent/extra options.

Which pi is the cheapest for now?

Test drove the E220D SE premium with Cartimes. Really a very good drive. To me it's not very noisy either. Power was great too. But ..... Don't know if the fuel efficiency really that good which they claim 30km/l. I'm really happy if it's 20km/l.

Anyway will there be any increase of diesel road tax?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2017 at 8:35 PM, Merc Lover said:

Hi bros,

As all of you have bought from PI, is there such a thing as "reliable PI"? 

Is money the main factor that directs you to buy from PI instead of C&C?

Some PI's are more reliable than others. Money is always the main factor when buying from PI instead of C&C, though many would consider specs as an important factor too. PI's tend to bring in cars with different specs than C&C so as not have to a direct competition with C&C, and not allowing customers a straightforward apple-to-apple comparison. 

Money is definitely a factor. Recently, I notice that new car prices are much higher than a few years ago for some reasons? 

After 3 years or more, does it matter whether the car is from AD or PI? 

58 minutes ago, Merc Lover said:

Money is definitely a factor. Recently, I notice that new car prices are much higher than a few years ago for some reasons? 

After 3 years or more, does it matter whether the car is from AD or PI? 

No.... after 3 years... the difference is maybe a meagre $5K in trade in price.... when your purchase price... as in my case.. is a whopping $55K in difference... 

On 5/1/2017 at 8:35 PM, Merc Lover said:

Hi bros,

As all of you have bought from PI, is there such a thing as "reliable PI"? 

Is money the main factor that directs you to buy from PI instead of C&C?

I have said many time here about the terms in buying a car from PI.... Hope it does help

1) Reputation of the PI... internet is a good place to source for any complains about PI... ie: CASE ... or issues of non delivery... there is already post of a certain PI that has such issues... so check it out

2) Workshop that does the warranty cover... You won't want your ride serviced by some small time workshop... TRUST ME

3) Always buy what you can see in the showroom, don't be greedy when SE offers you a special price to indent what you want or what you hoped for... You wont know when you will get your ride... If you don't see what you want... PASS

4) Definitely price... PI normally don't bring in A,B or even some C models.... reason being the price difference from AD is not much to entice clients because there is already not much profit... IMHO you would need a buffer of at least $30k to even think of PI

So if you find one that ticks all the boxes and ready to jump in... Congrats to you... and enjoy your ride... 

CHEERS

On 06/05/2017 at 11:53 PM, Ah Bui said:

No.... after 3 years... the difference is maybe a meagre $5K in trade in price.... when your purchase price... as in my case.. is a whopping $55K in difference... 

Then buying from PI Is ok if the difference is only $5K. Why is yours  $55k difference?:coldb:

2 hours ago, Merc Lover said:

Then buying from PI Is ok if the difference is only $5K. Why is yours  $55k difference?:coldb:

Think you need to read his post again.

$5K price difference is when you trade in at the end of the day, PI vs AD car.

$55K difference is new car purchase price, PI vs AD car.

1 hour ago, Onyxz said:

Think you need to read his post again.

$5K price difference is when you trade in at the end of the day, PI vs AD car.

$55K difference is new car purchase price, PI vs AD car.

With 55k difference, getting from PI is definitely the way to go as how wrong a car can be if they are all manufactured in the same factory in Germany?

1 hour ago, Merc Lover said:

With 55k difference, getting from PI is definitely the way to go as how wrong a car can be if they are all manufactured in the same factory in Germany?

Like I've said beforehand... You need a min $30K buffer to even think about PI... 

5 hours ago, Merc Lover said:

Let me put it this way... The present E200 at CNC sis selling at 265-270K... while PI is selling at 220-230K.... see the significant price difference??? Read my previous post to understand more about buying form PI....

So, the difference between CNC and PI is more than 30K different. Isn't that amazing that still people want to buy from C&C when they can save so much from PI?

So far, I wonder does anyone has mechanical issue with the mercedes they buy from PI? 

One thing I notice is that the mercedes that PI imported have sunroof whereas those from C&C don't have. I wonder what is the reason?