• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B Class 30K servicing

Guest mooncake

Guest mooncake

Hi Guys,

My car is due for 30K servicing, C&C told me this round I need to pay $1200 for B Service. Is that reasonable?

Beside this, the front driver speaker causes a rattling noise whenever I play a song with Bass. And since the car is under warranty, I decide to go to them for replcaement and I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for this matter. Is it true that the replacement stock will arrive in one month time?

Hi Guys,

My car is due for 30K servicing, C&C told me this round I need to pay $1200 for B Service. Is that reasonable?

Beside this, the front driver speaker causes a rattling noise whenever I play a song with Bass. And since the car is under warranty, I decide to go to them for replcaement and I have been waiting for 2 weeks now for this matter. Is it true that the replacement stock will arrive in one month time?

30k svsing will cost around that price from c&c, plus i believe u need to leave ur car in their workshop for 2 days...

Guest mooncake

Hi Guys,

I

30k svsing will cost around that price from c&c, plus i believe u need to leave ur car in their workshop for 2 days...

OMG. That's mean I need to part my love one at the workshop for two days !!! Are they doing a massive overhaul on the car? Should I do it from external workshop? Heard it take 1/2 day for 30K servicing from external workshop. Mainly just brake pad check, oil change, brake fluid check, windscreen fluid top up etc.

OMG. That's mean I need to part my love one at the workshop for two days !!! Are they doing a massive overhaul on the car? Should I do it from external workshop? Heard it take 1/2 day for 30K servicing from external workshop. Mainly just brake pad check, oil change, brake fluid check, windscreen fluid top up etc.

correct, ext workshop does the basic svs-ing only.. c&c does other stuff but i can't remember what offhand coz its been quite sometime since my 30k...

You should clarify with your consultant what exactly he will be doing ... else you will be surprised when you get the bill. Or he could be giving you a "special package" which covers everything for you because you car just hit 2 years or 40,000 km.

According to the service manual, when your car is about 2 years old or 40,000km in mileage, they should give you the following :

1) Service 2 (the more detailed visual and touch-touch inspection that normally is referred as Service B)

2) Service 3 (Engine Oil and filter change)

3) Service 4 (Check paint and chasis plus replacement of brake fluid)

4) Service 5 (Change combination filter)

5) Service 6 (Change dust filter)

6) Service 16 (Check and adjust cable for parking brake - only done once during the first Service B)

Let me know if the above is practiced by C&C. :sex:

jsut got my car back. the bill is about 1.9 (including GST)

basic breakdown

1. lub svc with engine compartment clean

2. rotate and static balance for both front wheels

3. brake sys bleed

4. basic stuff = filter/windscreen/ fuel additives/ engine flush/ brake fluid/ engine oil.

5. 3 x Pirelli pzero rosso ( cause got one spare in trunk, changing to another tyre next time)

parts - 350

labour - 265

sent ytd morning at 9am, collected at 5pm today. 2 full days!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mooncake

Hi Guys,

Just went for my 30K servicing, C&C did a SERVICE A for me instead of SERVICE B. And now my display panel shows SERVICE B is due in another 10K. That's really puzzled me. By the way, The servicing cost me $300. At least I finally got my speaker replacement.

Guest mooncake

C&C premium labor service. What does the 300 consist of ? For changing of engine oil and oil filter, its usually about $200 outside. :ninja:

My $300 of Servicing includes

Interior

· Function check

· Check warning and indicator lamps, illumination and interior lighting

· Check windshield wiper, windshield washer system, headlamp cleaning system

· Reset maintenance service counter in instrument cluster

Wheels, brakes

· Check front brake pads for lining thickness

· Check tires for damage, condition

· Correct tire inflation pressure

Engine compartment

· Change engine oil and filter

· Fluid level checks of the following:

· Engine cooling system, antifreeze and corrosion protection

· Windshield washer system

· Brake system

· Check and correct battery fluid level

· Check battery condition

· Check catch, safety catch and hinges on engine hood for proper operation

Trunk

· Correct tire inflation pressure in spare tire

· Check battery condition

Since C&C is replacing my front speaker as is under warranty, might as well do the servicing there. It took one day to complete