• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

how long to get car?

dcaaa

It does not depend on you getting COE or not, if you car is not delivered to Singapore. 

I got my COE three months back but car is still "swimming" across the ocean from Germany. 

Once car is delivered to CnC, SE called to collect balance payment, insurance and then I took delivery 2 weeks later. 

Hope this helps. 

COE isn't the deciding factor. Your SE won't know exactly when until the car has officially landed in Singapore, they'll inform you that car has arrived and being prepped. Then you can countdown roughly 2-3 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dcaaa said:

thks men. lets meet for kopi soon. a lot of buttons dunno how to use

don't worry bro...my car collection was almost an hour. SE went thru everything after initial visual inspection. some basic stuff will be configured during that session too.. but I was too distracted cos was surrounded by many other new merc... . hahaha... 

16 hours ago, Chalski said:

mine haven call nor updates yet.. bro when did you placed order?

Mine booked on 4/15 and COE only bidded on 6/22 as they didnt want to bid for me initially as my deal was rebate at 35K for the COE as they didmnt expect the new ruling to come outon 4/27. So i waited for almost 4 mths plus.

7 hours ago, dcaaa said:

Mine booked on 4/15 and COE only bidded on 6/22 as they didnt want to bid for me initially as my deal was rebate at 35K for the COE as they didmnt expect the new ruling to come outon 4/27. So i waited for almost 4 mths plus.

15th Apr? hmmm mine booked in May. still waiting too. good luck to us! hope faster~

10 hours ago, dcaaa said:

i know of 5 people who booked a w205 in the past year, 6 including myself.

these are common to all of us

* coe secured on the 4th bid, for me 1st 3 bids were low ball bids (between 7k to 10k above the coe rebate)

* se calls to tell you that they will start bidding for the coe on the 3rd bid

* no calls from se that coe has been secured.

* its a 6 months wait for the car (at least for the first 3 guys)

bros/sis who have collected or still waiting their cars, kindly please share your experiences here. :)

I booked mine on 1st Jan. Car arrived SG in May(I think). Got COE end June on 1st bid. Collected car end July.

My case is probably unique in the sense I am not waiting to collect the car. I decided to drive my existing ride till COE almost expire since the wait is so long.

Booked in Jan thinking can have new car by CNY. Haha! Only know expected delivery is May / June after signing, so might as well drive my previous car as long as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, dcaaa said:

Cnc registered my car today. Told me today my car still at logistic and have not pass over to new car section and window film not done. Is that the flow? Tout all done before car is registered? 

i recall i got a call on fri that register and got my plate number then they say over week end need clean and up the window film and the win film need 2 days to harden cannot touch water all.