• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help on lumbar supoort

MasterGMT

oh, hold on to the center knob (the large knob on the middle handrest) that when you twist it, you are able to surf / choose radio channels, push forward and you will be able to observe the command center screen switches "highlight" color. To set/select the function you wish to engage, press the knob down, you will feel the knob sank in and a "click" sound. Twiddle with it and you will be able to navigate through the command unit. this is apart from the "switch button" on the steering wheel, where you see functions on the dashboard.

to back out of any function, push the "return" button just beside the "knob". :phew:

Thanks bro dyeeng,tried meddling with the command center today,saw quite Afew functions,but no lumbar adjustment and my car got Bluetooth button and saw a mic but don't seems to find any option for Bluetooth leh,any other functions can be adjust from steering wheel button?

correction...it's just on the right side of the hazard light switch (in front of the knob), which picture a seat.  

press on it, once you selected the setting, press the knob down. after that, press the return button (found on the left side of the hazard light switch) and you are done. :phew:

• Like 1

For those whose lumbar support doesn't seems to work after a while, it could be the air solenoid valve out of order.

The solenoid valve inflate and hold the air inside an "airbag" at the lumbar area in order to push up the seat to your lower back.

When it fails, either you cannot inflate or you cannot hold the inflation.

What I did to mine is to swap my working passenger solenoid valve with the driver seat lumbar (since my passenger hardly use this) . It's an easy diy procedure.

I am still trying to find time to source for this solenoid valve. With let you guys know the cost when I have time to find it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bro, any update? Thanks.

For those whose lumbar support doesn't seems to work after a while, it could be the air solenoid valve out of order.

The solenoid valve inflate and hold the air inside an "airbag" at the lumbar area in order to push up the seat to your lower back.

What I did to mine is to swap my working passenger solenoid valve with the driver seat lumbar (since my passenger hardly use this) . It's an easy diy procedure.

I am still trying to find time to source for this solenoid valve. With let you guys know the cost when I have time to find it.

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2016 at 5:32 PM, j888 said:

Bro, where do you locate the solenoid? I was advised by a friend that the pump may not be working or the air-line to the lumber might have leaked. 

11 hours ago, j888 said:

Remove the back seat cover and you will see it there. See blue circle

Solenoid valve controls air going in and out of the lumbar air support bag. Either if you hear the pump moving but cannot inflate, or it can inflate but cannot deflate then its the valve issue.

If you don't even hear the pump moving and there is no inflation, then the pump will be the culprit

Screenshot_2016-10-04-10-56-39.jpg

Many thanks bro! Seek your guidance again: do the lumber supports firm up quickly or slowly? Thanks again for your advise.