• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 250 Owners

Paulromeotan

2 hours ago, Johs said:

I am using the Audio20 garmin map. How can I chk the map version?

How to use Garmin Pilot Map on Audio 20

I don't have the car yet, but based on my experience with garmin system, the map version should be in the settings along with firmware versions.

Do you have to put in an SD card to work all the time? Or is it a one time off installation?

2 hours ago, al66 said:

most of the PI GLC are fitted with Audio 20 w/ Nav Capable NGT5 and GPS antenna. Getting a garmin should be sensible choice with the built in antenna.

command is different...it's expensive

Ya, mine shld be this setup. Wanted to chk the map version, dunno how to?

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM, al66 said:

most of the PI GLC are fitted with Audio 20 w/ Nav Capable NGT5 and GPS antenna. Getting a garmin should be sensible choice with the built in antenna.

command is different...it's expensive

PI's Audio 20 with navigation hardware ready but don't come with software eg Garmin? 

6 hours ago, GLC250 Newbie said:

My PI uses Galactio. NOT a very good navi system imo

Is the Galactio FOC?  It comes pre-installed on the Audio 20 or you need to do SD card installation? 

Got any pic on the Galactio interface? 

can you use the touchpad to navigate the Galactio? 

6 minutes ago, Johs said:

swift garage quoted $1.5k. Installation 150

benzline, replied me in a uninterested tone. Must order! Ard 2.2k. Wtf!!!

bro, can screw the attitude vendor.

just be sure you are getting the real stuff from swift..if not then 1.5k is quite dear.

taobao has alot at much lower price for copy.

42 minutes ago, al66 said:

bro, can screw the attitude vendor.

just be sure you are getting the real stuff from swift..if not then 1.5k is quite dear.

taobao has alot at much lower price for copy.

Yes agree.  I had always been irked by the attitude of benzline when I was driving my w203 C350.... 

TAOBAO options

Screenshot_20160922-185133.png

On 20/09/2016 at 6:03 PM, VRAtenza said:

How to use Garmin Pilot Map on Audio 20

I don't have the car yet, but based on my experience with garmin system, the map version should be in the settings along with firmware versions.

Do you have to put in an SD card to work all the time? Or is it a one time off installation?

Bro, I chk with my installer. U r rite. SD card is in my center console. He said my version is 2015. 2016 is nt ready for c class yet. 

13 minutes ago, ltajedi said:

Thanks bros. Yeah, the pricing is quite crazy. I was quoted $1800 before GST by benzline! Going to go taobao/ebay, buy it then get own mechanic to install. 

I suggest you do shipping via sea if you getting from taobao.  About 100sgd for 1cubic metre base charge.  You might benefit from organising a group buy to share the shipping charge. 

2 hours ago, Johs said:

Bro, I chk with my installer. U r rite. SD card is in my center console. He said my version is 2015. 2016 is nt ready for c class yet. 

So when the 2016 map is available,  need to buy the latest SD card?  Or can download for free and copy it over the old SD card? 

On 9/21/2016 at 9:19 PM, VRAtenza said:

Is the Galactio FOC?  It comes pre-installed on the Audio 20 or you need to do SD card installation? 

Got any pic on the Galactio interface? 

can you use the touchpad to navigate the Galactio? 

Apparently my PI uses Galactio (and only them) bc it's approved by Sing Land Authority. It requires SD card. 

No pics sorry. But the pics on their website are pretty accurate. http://www.galactio.com/screens/

No touchpad so cannot comment. Only knob, which doesn't work on navi.

2 hours ago, Johs said:

Need to purchase new card. Apparently nobody is able hack tis card thingy yet. 

Anyone hv lobang for tis sd card upgrade?

LOL this is the first time I'm hearing anyone wanting to hack this. Maybe worthwhile to try as it does cost a few pennies.

Just confirmed with my CnC SE that the Cnc GLC do not come with GPS...Just the Audio 20 CD with no navigation hardware pre-wired.

I was not really paying attention during the test drive. Had been testing a few competitors so might have mixed up on the features.

Anyway my SE promised to do a local integrated install for me when it is time to package the car with COE. I guess their margin is much bigger than I expected..LOL