• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 250 Owners

Paulromeotan

1 hour ago, VRAtenza said:

You can try PlastiDip spray. I did that for my current ride to de-chrome the massive amt of chrome in the front grille surround and the rear boot letterings.

I did consider doing it for the C&C Off-Road Line exterior (standard) which I find the chrome to be excessive.

But now considering to option for the AMG Line which seem acceptable, but eventually might still go for the night package look using the same method.

I was told plastic will peel?

any contacts to share?

ok to post some pics?

5 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

These are some of the AMG Line GLC from local car reviews:

resized-20160422150337697.jpg

resized-20160422150343402.jpg

Seem like the rotors are cross drilled (instead of the standard plain rotors) and the callipers physically looks different with the Mercedes Benz wordings imprinted.

Is this some special launch edition?

Cross Drilled rotors and Mercedes Benz caliper and 18"/19" rims comes alongside with the AMG Package.

AMG Styling also comes with AMG Interior, however you've to confirm with the SE as we've friends over here in the forum being SOLD the AMG package without the AMG Stitching dashboard. But however was compensated in servicing credits.

5 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Base C&C GLC250 comes with 18" normal tires with no spare tyre but they include a tire repair kit (tirefit).

So my question will be, if someone optioned for the AMG Line, since the 19" RFT comes with that package, will C&C remove the tirefit from the equipment list since RFT do not need tirefit?

I read that the 19" runflats are definitely jarring the ride quality, so likely I will swap them out for non-RFT pretty quickly after delivery. In that case, I might have to buy the Mercedes tirefit from the parts dealer myself.

Don't waste the tires. Unless you plan on changing the rims you can do a trade-in. For the time being just use them first. 

AMG Line, staggered option has quite a substantial cost.

5 hours ago, Johs said:

I was told plastic will peel?

any contacts to share?

ok to post some pics?

Mine was DIY, bought the cans of spray and did it myself. Did it 2 yrs ago and lasted till now.

I must say the plastidip is pretty lasting. Can withstand carwash jet sprays and rough handling by the washer guys. I just took the front grill layer off recently cos preparing to sell off the car.

1 hour ago, Stanford Ho said:

Don't waste the tires. Unless you plan on changing the rims you can do a trade-in. For the time being just use them first. 

AMG Line, staggered option has quite a substantial cost.

Don't think GLC AMG Line rims are staggered according to the product code and referencing the specs on the MB website:

Front axle: 8.0 J x 19, tyre size: 235/55 R 19
Rear axle: 8.0 J x 19, tyre size: 235/55 R 19

mercedes-benz-glc-class_x253_638_48992_5doublespoke_19inch_detail_715x230_07-2015.jpg

sound advice. Will probably run them out till next change. Hope I don't have to buy a separate Tirefit by then.

1 hour ago, Stanford Ho said:

Cross Drilled rotors and Mercedes Benz caliper and 18"/19" rims comes alongside with the AMG Package.

AMG Styling also comes with AMG Interior, however you've to confirm with the SE as we've friends over here in the forum being SOLD the AMG package without the AMG Stitching dashboard. But however was compensated in servicing credits.

Just got confirmation from my SE that the brakes and rotors are part of the AMG Line package (although they did not state in the Options List).

Now waiting confirmation if I can choose to retain the Exclusive interior trim (stock) and just add in the AMG Line interior without sacrificing the stitched leather look on the dash and beltline.

• 235/50/19 is very pricey.  19" are at least PSS or CSC those are in the high $400 range per pcs.  Even higher for MERC MO RFT.

2 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Don't think GLC AMG Line rims are staggered according to the product code and referencing the specs on the MB website:

Front axle: 8.0 J x 19, tyre size: 235/55 R 19
Rear axle: 8.0 J x 19, tyre size: 235/55 R 19

mercedes-benz-glc-class_x253_638_48992_5doublespoke_19inch_detail_715x230_07-2015.jpg

sound advice. Will probably run them out till next change. Hope I don't have to buy a separate Tirefit by then.

2 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Just got confirmation from my SE that the brakes and rotors are part of the AMG Line package (although they did not state in the Options List).

Now waiting confirmation if I can choose to retain the Exclusive interior trim (stock) and just add in the AMG Line interior without sacrificing the stitched leather look on the dash and beltline.

i don't understand what u're trying to say? retaining the stock exclusive look with amg interior??. from what i know the AMG line comes with the stitch by default. either in red or white contrast stitching. and both have the MB clock.

Edited by Stanford Ho

6 minutes ago, Stanford Ho said:
  • 235/50/19 is very pricey.  19" are at least PSS or CSC those are in the high $400 range per pcs.  Even higher for MERC MO RFT.

i don't understand what u're trying to say? retaining the stock exclusive look with amg interior??. from what i know the AMG line comes with the stitch by default. either in red or white contrast stitching. and both have the MB clock.

IMG-20160831-WA0005.jpg

20160828_105130.jpg

I am am talking about the GLC... Not the C class.  Almost similar but no MB clock.

So the GLC AMG line might be different from your C AMG line? 

11 minutes ago, al66 said:

drop by a PI with AMG line and see whats exactly it is

Apparently there is no worldwide standard AMG line.  In other countries,  they get 20" rims,  alcantara/artico seats.  C&C at least i can confirm is 19" and the seats are only artico. 

So seeing PI units might not be the same thing since the details will differ from C&C units. 

38 minutes ago, Stanford Ho said:

SG's AMG Line does come with contrast stitching dashboard.

other country don't get 20" rims. they just have the option of selecting rims from the AMG package by indent. Not sure whether C&C will be able to let u choose ur rims though lol.

AMG Line Singapore C&C review unit interior photo:

resized-20160422150427567.jpg

See,  no stitching. 

13 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

AMG Line Singapore C&C review unit interior photo:

resized-20160422150427567.jpg

See,  no stitching. 

It's a test car, but to be sure it'll come with the stitching. I've mentioned previously that a fellow in this forum was sold the AMG Line without the stitching too. However he was well compensated by Merc for the error. 

you just have to confirm that with your SE. Cheers

54 minutes ago, Stanford Ho said:

SG's AMG Line does come with contrast stitching dashboard.

other country don't get 20" rims. they just have the option of selecting rims from the AMG package by indent. Not sure whether C&C will be able to let u choose ur rims though lol.

3 minutes ago, al66 said:

VRAtenza, whats the delivery from cnc?

Early sept place depo,  about may/jun 2017 delivery. 

Actually works in my favour.  I am not in a hurry since is replacing my second car. Plus i can take my time to sell off my second car at my own time own target. 

Plus if the COE goes down the next few months,  to my favour since C&C currently only sell without COE packaged.  Nearer the production then they will package it w COE. 

Hi guys, before I placed on order. I been to a few pi. Basically price varies with diff spec! A lot pi costing down with min features. So if u want more, than be prepared to paid more. Usually they dun come with comfort access pkg( keyless entry), no touchpad, no stitches panel. 

44 minutes ago, Johs said:

Price list from Vincar. They have many diff Glc config.  250d models Hv many features. 

image.jpg

Interesting to see the GLC 300 there on the list.  I guess that is the only regret I have for settling for the only 250 avail at C&C.  Prices looks good. How are the specs compared to C&C units? 

54 minutes ago, Johs said:

Hi guys, before I placed on order. I been to a few pi. Basically price varies with diff spec! A lot pi costing down with min features. So if u want more, than be prepared to paid more. Usually they dun come with comfort access pkg( keyless entry), no touchpad, no stitches panel. 

So yours from order to delivery is how long lead time? 

What model and what options you chose eventually? 

Any warranty?