• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 250 Owners

Paulromeotan

On 2017-5-17 at 0:33 PM, Michaeltoh said:

All Uk cars comes as std option. Unless its the CPA plus...then its an addon option. Unless yr car is not from uk... then maybe thats why its not fitted.

My car is from UK but doesn't comes with CPA. I guess my PI must have opted to remove it to reduce e the cost of the car. 

I just finished my first tank of fuel. Only managed to get about 8km/l. Maybe car still running in and is on mineral engine oil. 

Anyone heard of tried DTE Power Control tuning box before? Apparently the gain is 35bhp, 55Nm and save about 15% fuel. The box cost $1000. Not sure if it is worth the money. 

On 2017-4-17 at 8:56 AM, contifan said:

anyone wanna chip up the car? i'm letting go my race chip ultimate (bought from RC Singapore with warranty. one month old) at a very good price, please PM or text me. sold the car thats why.

Bro your Racechip still available? What is the gain? 

Hello. 

Did not know that such a forum existed. A little n00b here. License about 3+ years and the merc is only my second car. 

If the TS is still compiling a list of GLC owners, mine is a black GLC 250d bought in mid-early December 2016.

1 hour ago, Dcky75 said:

Hi Silenthill, I heard diesel GLC is very fun to drive and fuel efficient too. Best combi. 

Hey Dcky75 and thank you for the welcome and compliments about the car =)

Well, it is not a bad drive but it did take a while to get used to it over my previous car. I admit that i enjoyed driving the previous car more than the GLC250d. However, it may be an unfair apples and oranges comparison (sedan vs SUV).

Fuel efficiency-wise, yes, to a rather large extent, at least over the previous car. It was the primary reason why i chose a diesel over a petrol. Even with the diesel tax, given the mileage i clock on average per month, i would have saved more per annum.

i have tried drving Comfort and Eco mode, with start-stop disenabled and enabled in between a few full tanks as well as Sports and Sports+ modes.

Been monitoring odometre and amount of diesel pumped.

Comfort and Eco modes are pretty much similar in fuel consumption, probably about 11-12 km per litre of fuel.

Sports and Sports+ appears to be flat out 10km per litre.

interestingly enough, after i did my 10,000km servicing last Monday, i am averaging close to 13km per litre on Comfort mode. Could be a fluke, would have to monitor over a few more weeks.

That said, on average, i pump full tank about 11-13 days apart and based on 60l full tank and diesel (Caltex) @ $1.42-1.45 per litre, the amount spent is seldom above $200 on average.

Yes, fuel cost and efficiency-wise, i am a happy camper. =D

Ha ha! Maybe lah, brother! I am unsure of the how much the fuel the petrol variant consumes but even if it is the same at 650km+ per full tank, diesel still saves me more money. 

As for the drive, the 500 Nm torque was a surprise, i actually did not pay attention to it at all (was more interested in the diesel savings and other car functions). 2 of my car enthusiast buddies have tried driving it, especially in the Sports+ mode and 2 others have ridden in it. 1 of them drove a Mazda RX-8 and he said that the torque / pick-up is unbelievable (500 Nm, after all). Honestly, i was challenged by a 740Li at a traffic light and i had 2 other passengers while he was solo and even though he had at least 10 inches past the traffic line, the humble GLC diesel sped ahead and was pretty a few inches ahead until we went in different directions. However, as mentioned, i still preferred the handling on the previous car but well, unfair comparison perhaps.

That said, some may not like the diesel clutter but, in all honesty, you only really hear a little of it while it is stationary and while it is climbing ramps/slopes. Otherwise, it is a low growl.  

• Like 1

On 23/05/2017 at 7:11 AM, silenthill said:

Ha ha! Maybe lah, brother! I am unsure of the how much the fuel the petrol variant consumes but even if it is the same at 650km+ per full tank, diesel still saves me more money. 

As for the drive, the 500 Nm torque was a surprise, i actually did not pay attention to it at all (was more interested in the diesel savings and other car functions). 2 of my car enthusiast buddies have tried driving it, especially in the Sports+ mode and 2 others have ridden in it. 1 of them drove a Mazda RX-8 and he said that the torque / pick-up is unbelievable (500 Nm, after all). Honestly, i was challenged by a 740Li at a traffic light and i had 2 other passengers while he was solo and even though he had at least 10 inches past the traffic line, the humble GLC diesel sped ahead and was pretty a few inches ahead until we went in different directions. However, as mentioned, i still preferred the handling on the previous car but well, unfair comparison perhaps.

That said, some may not like the diesel clutter but, in all honesty, you only really hear a little of it while it is stationary and while it is climbing ramps/slopes. Otherwise, it is a low growl.  

Nice! Enjoy your ride. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dcky75 said:

Finally installed the diamond grill on my GLC. Worth every penny and loved the new look. I ordered from Taobao. Paid $380 including shipping.

05D4BE92-2AB5-4A2D-8344-8D9667EC6D6A.jpeg

Did you install it yourself? Or you went to a shop to do it? Was wondering if it would be easy to DIY...