• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GLC 250 Owners

Paulromeotan

SUV-Lover, GLC 250, Diamond White reporting.

Anyone done any GPS Navi and/or Car camera? I am currently sourcing for it. 

Hey bro,

For car camera, can look for nightconceptz. They are authorised by Blackvue and other models.

As for navigation, I think the price tag is on the high side. so high that I rather use google maps.

Any mods done yet?

No mods yet. Looking to add GPS and car camera first. 

Others slooowly lah. :D

You did your car camera with nightconcept? Did they ripped up the console to install the cables?

I did my Audi and my current bimmer at Nightconceptz.

I don't think they rip off the console. It was a simple plug and play. Took 20 minutes thereabouts.

Let me know the cost of the gps if you manage to find!

SUV-Lover, GLC 250, Diamond White reporting.

Anyone done any GPS Navi and/or Car camera? I am currently sourcing for it. 

Both GPS and camera can be done at EleBest. Can enquire with them.

• 2 weeks later...

GLC black report SIR.

Installed Garmin GPS with full HD reverse camera into the command console from :

Mr Chong

Link Auto Accessories 210 TurfClub Road Lot B63 Turf Club Auto Emporium S( 287995)

Thumbs up. Wats the damage bro?

Photos pls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, al66 said:

Hi all,

Just thought of starting a thread for all GLC owners here to share their rides, experiences and modifications done.

Cheers!

1. Paulromeotan GLC 250 AMG, white

2. al66 LUX/AMG. Polar White (Booked but NOT deliver yet:D)

Bro you bought from C&C or pi?

Hi guys!  Placed my deposit with C&C for the GLC with pano roof option.  Am considering if I should top for the AMG line.  Wondering if anyone can share if it is worth the while? 

A few concerns about the AMG Line that I hope someone can clarify:

1. The 19" AMG rims that comes with the package is it cast or forged? 

2. The tires will be run flat type right?  Will they remove the tyre repair kit in that case?  Asling cos if I decide to change to 19" non-runflats next time will be easier decision. 

3. The sports suspension,  how is it compared to the stock suspension? Ride quality suffee alot? 

4. The interior AMG trim line,  do they remove the artico leather lined double-stitched dash and beltline surface? 

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, VRAtenza said:

Hi guys!  Placed my deposit with C&C for the GLC with pano roof option.  Am considering if I should top for the AMG line.  Wondering if anyone can share if it is worth the while? 

A few concerns about the AMG Line that I hope someone can clarify:

1. The 19" AMG rims that comes with the package is it cast or forged? 

2. The tires will be run flat type right?  Will they remove the tyre repair kit in that case?  Asling cos if I decide to change to 19" non-runflats next time will be easier decision. 

3. The sports suspension,  how is it compared to the stock suspension? Ride quality suffee alot? 

4. The interior AMG trim line,  do they remove the artico leather lined double-stitched dash and beltline surface? 

Thanks! 

The amg line is definitely worth the deal.

1) AMG Line brakes are 4 pots, these are made by Brembo.

2) AMG Line flat bottom steering wheel

3) 18" rims yes it'll still be run flat and no you don't have a tyre repair kit in there

4) AMG line body kit is about 6.8k

Yes, you'll regret not to get the amg line.

2 hours ago, Stanford Ho said:

The amg line is definitely worth the deal.

1) AMG Line brakes are 4 pots, these are made by Brembo.

2) AMG Line flat bottom steering wheel

3) 18" rims yes it'll still be run flat and no you don't have a tyre repair kit in there

4) AMG line body kit is about 6.8k

Yes, you'll regret not to get the amg line.

So those items are the additions on top of what I mentioned? 

I did not know that the brakes are different for the AMG Line. It will be great if it is really different.  Saw some overseas review samples having cross drilled rotors and brake calipers looked different from usual.

C&C options list did not list alot of the stuff like the amg steering wheel,  brakes etc. 

How's the sports suspension? 

46 minutes ago, VRAtenza said:

So those items are the additions on top of what I mentioned? 

I did not know that the brakes are different for the AMG Line. It will be great if it is really different.  Saw some overseas review samples having cross drilled rotors and brake calipers looked different from usual.

C&C options list did not list alot of the stuff like the amg steering wheel,  brakes etc. 

How's the sports suspension? 

Suspension is lower. definitely better over the stock. lesser body roll and greater cornering. 

8 hours ago, Stanford Ho said:

Suspension is lower. definitely better over the stock. lesser body roll and greater cornering. 

You got your GLC from C&C?

Reason why I am asking is because my SE do not seem to be very sure with what is included in the AMG Line option. And the Option list from C&C is not exactly comprehensive.

AMG Line Package:

• Code 486 (Sports Suspension)
  • Code 638 (19" AMG 5-twin-spoke light alloy wheels
  • Code 739 (Light aluminium trim with longitudinal grain)
  • Code 772 (AMG Bodystyling)
  • U26 (AMG Floor Mats)
  • Code R66 (Run-flat Tyres)

So you see.... it does not include the 1) flat bottom AMG steering wheel, 2) brakes upgrade.

GLC_OptionsList.jpg

These are some of the AMG Line GLC from local car reviews:

resized-20160422150337697.jpg

resized-20160422150343402.jpg

Seem like the rotors are cross drilled (instead of the standard plain rotors) and the callipers physically looks different with the Mercedes Benz wordings imprinted.

Is this some special launch edition?

27 minutes ago, Johs said:

For amg line, it oso comes with amg floor Matt, sport foot paddle, amg sill. 

Tirefit is oso work for rft rite? My ride come with it. All Glc factory fitted with rft. No space given for spare tyre in Glc. 

Base C&C GLC250 comes with 18" normal tires with no spare tyre but they include a tire repair kit (tirefit).

So my question will be, if someone optioned for the AMG Line, since the 19" RFT comes with that package, will C&C remove the tirefit from the equipment list since RFT do not need tirefit?

I read that the 19" runflats are definitely jarring the ride quality, so likely I will swap them out for non-RFT pretty quickly after delivery. In that case, I might have to buy the Mercedes tirefit from the parts dealer myself.

10 minutes ago, Johs said:

Hi Glc bros,

Wanted to de-chrome my ride to night package looks.

anyone did it with vinyl sticker?

You can try PlastiDip spray. I did that for my current ride to de-chrome the massive amt of chrome in the front grille surround and the rear boot letterings.

I did consider doing it for the C&C Off-Road Line exterior (standard) which I find the chrome to be excessive.

But now considering to option for the AMG Line which seem acceptable, but eventually might still go for the night package look using the same method.

1 hour ago, VRAtenza said:

Base C&C GLC250 comes with 18" normal tires with no spare tyre but they include a tire repair kit (tirefit).

So my question will be, if someone optioned for the AMG Line, since the 19" RFT comes with that package, will C&C remove the tirefit from the equipment list since RFT do not need tirefit?

I read that the 19" runflats are definitely jarring the ride quality, so likely I will swap them out for non-RFT pretty quickly after delivery. In that case, I might have to buy the Mercedes tirefit from the parts dealer myself.

Bro, I did spoken to CnC SE, amg oso come wif tirefit.