• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sudden Acceleration

I starting to think this problem is a norm. Only that many ppl set if off or never really notice the difference.

So hopefully more ppl will reply and depends on whether this is normal, I will decide whether to send my car back for service. If change of motor cant help, i wonder what will help :)

Maybe copy u, set the tilt position the same as the normal position, that will "solve" it :)

Its norm. Dont set too low, slight tilt works better. Maybe we never understand the manual..to fully operate it..hehe

Its norm. Dont set too low, slight tilt works better. Maybe we never understand the manual..to fully operate it..hehe

oh,, haha.. so this problem is a norm har??? really? my model b180..

if it is a norm, perhaps i shd just set if off liao :)

Thanks. I try asking my SE one more time, then if cannot be solved i give up liao

thanks!

:)

hi TS, hows the problem? i think my new merc B180 may also have the same problem

Is it me unlucky? first side mirror tilt problem, now sudden acceleration problem

Is like I am travelling at 10km/h (carpark) then i step on acceleration for a while and feet off.. but when my feet off, there was a sudden uncontrolled acceleration that makes me having to step on the brake.

Can it be due to the part of the road that is slippery? I encountered twice and is over the same patch of the road..

Will be sending my car for to check for  the side mirror tilt problem + now this.,.

Sian

acceleration - gear 1

foot off - foot off triggers gearbox to upshift

After you upshift there's less engine braking - so there's more of the freewheeling effect so it feels almost like it's accelerating?

Certainly happens to my A180 all the time...part of how a DCT behaves I suppose. 

acceleration - gear 1

foot off - foot off triggers gearbox to upshift

After you upshift there's less engine braking - so there's more of the freewheeling effect so it feels almost like it's accelerating?

Certainly happens to my A180 all the time...part of how a DCT behaves I suppose. 

Nope. This is definitely different. The acceleration throws u back and its certainly not normal - at least for me. The feeling is like somebody just stomp the gas pedal to the floor.

Anyway, it doesn't happen for me anymore since CnC updated the software

Nope. This is definitely different. The acceleration throws u back and its certainly not normal - at least for me. The feeling is like somebody just stomp the gas pedal to the floor.

Anyway, it doesn't happen for me anymore since CnC updated the software

I think what they do is reset the ECU?

Mine feels better after I use the DIY resetting of ECU method ..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am consolidating a list of people who is affected by this problem and send an email to CnC. Hopefully they could take this more seriously. Please kindly fill in you name if you which to join... thanks!

Suddenly Acceleration Problem (Please state FL or Pre-FL and model)
1) Pocket_Rocket (Melvin) - FL A250
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I am consolidating a list of people who is affected by this problem and send an email to CnC. Hopefully they could take this more seriously. Please kindly fill in you name if you which to join... thanks!

2) Raymond - FL A180

3)

4)

5)

6)

2) Raymond - FL A180
3) Roy - FL A200
4)
5)
6) 

2) Raymond - FL A180

3) Roy - FL A200

4) Divads - FL B180 sudden acceleration+ side mirror tilting problem

5)

6) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CnC is kinda aware of the problem (thou they keep insisting that my car is the only car reporting it) and have feedback to Germany. Germany side have since released new updated software to hopefully fix the sudden acceleration issue.

Have got my gearbox software updated at CnC - hopefully the problem will be solved.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:10 AM, routey said:

CnC is kinda aware of the problem (thou they keep insisting that my car is the only car reporting it) and have feedback to Germany. Germany side have since released new updated software to hopefully fix the sudden acceleration issue.

Have got my gearbox software updated at CnC - hopefully the problem will be solved.

hi bro cnc update ur transmission software, did they charge you for any $$ ?