• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sudden Acceleration

Just went to alexandra. MAnaged to show the service executive the side mirror tilt problem.

As for the sudden acceleration, I told him about advice i got from here aka software update/reset.. he says can be done but needs time

So left my car there. He said tomorrow shd be ready

Fingers crossed.

Will update

I have the problem with my mirror as well. End up I just adjust when in reverse and save as memory.... That solved it.

I have the problem with my mirror as well. End up I just adjust when in reverse and save as memory.... That solved it.

my side mirror is working, it does go back after reverse tilt.. only thing is it will miss the original position by a few mm or 1 cm :) so i have to press Memory1 for it to return exact position.

I think some ppl can tolerate it.. but i am "stingy" .. i cant tolerate 1 cm difference haha..

Is like u have a door, u can open and close the door, but when u close the door, there is a 2-3mm gap between the door and the frame, not perfect but working.. so some ppl very qing cai, not bothered by it.. some ppl will want the door to be refitted until there is no gap  between the door and the frame, if not they find it unsightly

:)

my side mirror is working, it does go back after reverse tilt.. only thing is it will miss the original position by a few mm or 1 cm :) so i have to press Memory1 for it to return exact position.

I think some ppl can tolerate it.. but i am "stingy" .. i cant tolerate 1 cm difference haha..

Is like u have a door, u can open and close the door, but when u close the door, there is a 2-3mm gap between the door and the frame, not perfect but working.. so some ppl very qing cai, not bothered by it.. some ppl will want the door to be refitted until there is no gap between the door and the frame, if not they find it unsightly

:)

Mine is the same. Once tilt down, it will tilt back but not in the original position. So I actually set my reverse tilt to the same as my normal mirror position and thus "solving" the problem lol

Mine is the same. Once tilt down, it will tilt back but not in the original position. So I actually set my reverse tilt to the same as my normal mirror position and thus "solving" the problem lol

wow.. this one is 'solved" meh? like not really solved leh.. under warranty shd get it repaired ..u paid so much must be stingy about it haha  :)

wow.. this one is 'solved" meh? like not really solved leh.. under warranty shd get it repaired ..u paid so much must be stingy about it haha  :)

i did went down to eunos, they test and test then told me no problem. drove off and reached my office carpark and the problem came back... oh well...

i did went down to eunos, they test and test then told me no problem. drove off and reached my office carpark and the problem came back... oh well...

oh.. lucky I was able to demo the problem to the service representative after the switching of gear between reverse and parking a few times.

I will test it on the spot after getting the car.. How I test? Switch to reverse gear, wait for windows to tilt down, then shift to parking gear, wait for windows to tilt up, then check.  The average number of tries I do this before the problem appears again is around 7-8 times. U may want to do this next time if u decide to send for repair.

Min tries 2 times(reverse to parking gear) and Max tries was 17 times haha.

So if I get my car back, I will do this for at least 20 times then I consider the problem solved, if not I will send back the car on the spot.

u may want to try this :)

update: just call my service rep. He says they will be changing the side mirror motor for me although they cant find the fault and thats becos yesterday I was able to show him the side mirror problem, they will be changing the side mirror motor.

So routey u may want to try my method of switching to reverse gear, wait for mirror to tilt down, then switch to parking gear, wait for mirror to return. Repeat this a few times until the side mirror problem appear.

If u can duplicate this , then u can show them this and they have to change the motor for u. :)

Cheers.

thanks for your advice! i notice mine happens after a few times as well. which brand did you go to?

mine b180, just 1 mth old and already so many problems... my car compartment also got problem, they change one new compartment for me already.

I must be so unlucky to get a new car with so many problems

Hi bros,

Just to check if we do not need the reverse tilt functions, any way we could "switch" off this feature ?

Thanks..

i find the reverse tilt not useful and could have ignore it. BUT mine is a new car, I cant stand a new car having all these defects...

I tot their slogan is "best or nothing"?

thanks for your advice! i notice mine happens after a few times as well. which brand did you go to?

ya i think u send down for repair and ask the service rep to sit with u while u do the reverse - park gear switching a few times until he sees with his own eyes the problem, then he bo bian has to change the motor for u liao cos is really a defect, they cant say no problem found.

sorry, there's a typo - i meant to say which "branch" not brand. 

alexandra. My friend told me eunos repair "small" things while alexandra and pandan loop repair major ones

So dun go eunos , go alexandra or pandan.. remember to ask the service rep to sit inside the car to observe the fault.. how to confirm the mirror not back in the exact original position? simple... once u discover the position is slightly out, press memory button 1, the mirror will start to move.. there u go ==> proof :).. sometimes if u dun do that, the service rep may argue that to his eyes, he did not see any fault... maybe that is what happened last time when they say there is no fault..eyes not accurate one... must make sure he see the mirror move abit back to the exact original position (Memory button 1)..

best do it within half a year from the day u bought the car becos lemon law says u dun have to prove the fault is due to the manufacturer.. After half a year, u may have to prove that.. cheers

mine b180, just 1 mth old and already so many problems... my car compartment also got problem, they change one new compartment for me already.

I must be so unlucky to get a new car with so many problems

Really that bad bro? I'll be collecting mine b180 in August ...pray hard no problems.

My current accord had been trouble free since day 1

Really that bad bro? I'll be collecting mine b180 in August ...pray hard no problems.

My current accord had been trouble free since day 1

ya lo..

anyway back from service. They changed the side mirror motor, i tested, still got problem, so i "exercise" the new motor as mentioned by one of the bro here.

Then this time my side mirror (left one) i make it higher. After 8 tries, no problem.

Keeping my fingers crossed

I got a feeling the problem arise when the side mirror is set too low at normal position, then after tilt, it will miss the original position by a few mm. If u set ur side mirror higher for normal position, the chance of missing the original position is much much lesser.

Is this a software bug or??

dmpiz4.jpg

ya lo..

anyway back from service. They changed the side mirror motor, i tested, still got problem, so i "exercise" the new motor as mentioned by one of the bro here.

Then this time my side mirror (left one) i make it higher. After 8 tries, no problem.

I got a feeling the problem arise when the side mirror is set too low at normal position, then after tilt, it will miss the original position by a few mm. If u set ur side mirror higher for normal position, the chance of missing the original position is much much lesser.

dmpiz4.jpg

The problem of side mirror is still there.i dun know whether is a norm ? i going to send down again.. sianz...

Anyone? is it a norm for ths side mirror tilting back to exact original position problem? if so, then i just set it off..

if not a norm, i have to send down again..

I starting to think this problem is a norm. Only that many ppl set if off or never really notice the difference.

So hopefully more ppl will reply and depends on whether this is normal, I will decide whether to send my car back for service. If change of motor cant help, i wonder what will help :)

Maybe copy u, set the tilt position the same as the normal position, that will "solve" it :)

ya lo..

dmpiz4.jpg

Very detail, bro....thanks for informing.

Most probably, I'll just off this feature..

Btw, other than this tilting issue, I believe rest shld be fine...enjoy your ride.

Very detail, bro....thanks for informing.

Most probably, I'll just off this feature..

Btw, other than this tilting issue, I believe rest shld be fine...enjoy your ride.

i think most ppl also off this feature and dun even care, infact i also dun like this feature.. but only "not happy" with the problem since this is a new car, but i see some replies here also having the same problem, i think maybe is norm .

maybe i try one more time for service, if really cant solve then i "give up" and disable this feature. The rest of the merc are ok up to now :)

This problem happens to vivo too.. :) no fix ... have to live with it or disable it

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?277913-Driver-s-Side-Auto-Tilting-Mirror-Not-Returning-to-it-s-Original-Position

Any update on the sudden acceleration.

Happen again to my A180 FL, this is the forth time. Moving slowly on first gear, when the gear shift to second there there is a sudden acceleration.

Anyone here have reported this to C&C?

They say they cant find any fault, then say maybe the car is still "learning" the pattern of my driving

Think better to DIY urself with some instructions from one of the bro here.

I think is called "mercedes ECU reset"

Any update on the sudden acceleration.

Happen again to my A180 FL, this is the forth time. Moving slowly on first gear, when the gear shift to second there there is a sudden acceleration.

Anyone here have reported this to C&C?

Got car cam vid to show the SE?