• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sudden Acceleration

Actually, i noticed that sometimes i get a sudden jerk forwards after i start the car and release handbrake. I guess i'm not stepping the brake hard enough before engaging D? 

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

Actually, i noticed that sometimes i get a sudden jerk forwards after i start the car and release handbrake. I guess i'm not stepping the brake hard enough before engaging D?

Hi Zeenie!

Well mine is already moving already... not from standstill....

After some deep thinking.... i think i MIGHT mistakenly push the cruise control hard which will increase the cruising speed by 10 km/h. I remember that acceleration of that is also quite harsh.

Lets hope its just my human error..... :phew:

If your speed is less than 30kph, you can't engage cruise control. Even if cruise control is engaged, the car won't accelerate suddenly.
  • Like 1

Is it a delayed gear change nudge forward?

Hey Odessus,

Thanks for the lead... according to the eplanation below.. it might be and hopefully my reboot of the software will solve it.

Delayed shifting is often caused by valves sticking the valve body, which prevents shifts from happening when they should. On newer cars, which control shifts using a computer, the problem could lie in the shift solenoids that are used to trigger shifts. If this is the case, these components of the transmission will likely need to be serviced or replaced. If the problem lies in the computer itself, then a reconfiguring of the computer is likely all that is necessary. Automatic transmissions also contain spring-loaded dampeners, called accumulators, which ensure that shifts happen gently. If the car suddenly jerks or slams into gear, i.e. the reverse of delayed shifting occurs, then the accumulators are likely to blame.

If your speed is less than 30kph, you can't engage cruise control. Even if cruise control is engaged, the car won't accelerate suddenly.

Thabks Markcwq... yeh i tried yesterday... but in also curious... what if i hold on to my cruise control(increase 10km/h) and softly accelerate... :)

hi TS, hows the problem? i think my new merc B180 may also have the same problem

Is it me unlucky? first side mirror tilt problem, now sudden acceleration problem

Is like I am travelling at 10km/h (carpark) then i step on acceleration for a while and feet off.. but when my feet off, there was a sudden uncontrolled acceleration that makes me having to step on the brake.

Can it be due to the part of the road that is slippery? I encountered twice and is over the same patch of the road..

Will be sending my car for to check for  the side mirror tilt problem + now this.,.

Sian

hi TS, hows the problem? i think my new merc B180 may also have the same problem

Is it me unlucky? first side mirror tilt problem, now sudden acceleration problem

Is like I am travelling at 10km/h (carpark) then i step on acceleration for a while and feet off.. but when my feet off, there was a sudden uncontrolled acceleration that makes me having to step on the brake.

Can it be due to the part of the road that is slippery? I encountered twice and is over the same patch of the road..

Will be sending my car for to check for  the side mirror tilt problem + now this.,.

Sian

Hi Divads,

I brought down my merc to C&C and they could not find anything... they only did a reset on the ECU.

I also did a reset myself:

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/reset-mercedes-benz-transmission-procedure-instructions/

so far so good *fingers cross*

hope this helps...

Hi Divads,

I brought down my merc to C&C and they could not find anything... they only did a reset on the ECU.

I also did a reset myself:

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/reset-mercedes-benz-transmission-procedure-instructions/

so far so good *fingers cross*

hope this helps...

wow.. thanks man!!!

My merc is a b180, according to the instructions, some merc the key has to be pulled out while some key remains inside..

(step 4) i referring to after the pressing of the gas pedal for 10s.

Do u take off ur key or remain when u switch to position 0 after the 10s gas pedal?

thanks!

wow.. thanks man!!!

My merc is a b180, according to the instructions, some merc the key has to be pulled out while some key remains inside..

(step 4) i referring to after the pressing of the gas pedal for 10s.

Do u take off ur key or remain when u switch to position 0 after the 10s gas pedal?

thanks!

I left the key in

Like to add that I have this sudden acceleration on my 2016 FL A200. It happened 2 times in the first month that I got my car. Sent the car back to cnc eunos and they did a software update. So far have not encounter the sudden acceleration anymore. It's pretty scary and I have to slam on the brakes hard everytime it happens

Like to add that I have this sudden acceleration on my 2016 FL A200. It happened 2 times in the first month that I got my car. Sent the car back to cnc eunos and they did a software update. So far have not encounter the sudden acceleration anymore. It's pretty scary and I have to slam on the brakes hard everytime it happens

Thank for sharing Routey!

Whats the down time for the software update?

2 days... left my car in the morning, took back the next day late afternoon

Just went to alexandra. MAnaged to show the service executive the side mirror tilt problem.

As for the sudden acceleration, I told him about advice i got from here aka software update/reset.. he says can be done but needs time

So left my car there. He said tomorrow shd be ready

Fingers crossed.

Will update