• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B180 after Reverse Tilt, side mirror do not return to exact position

Hi.. just got my new b180 recently.  The side mirror will tilt down when i reverse. And after that, it will return to it's original position (aka in this case my Memory 1)..

But sometimes it does not return to the EXACT position, it miss the exact position by abit and is lower than the exact position. I have to press memory button 1 to get the mirror back up (by around 1-2cm) to the exact position.

Is this common?? or there is something wrong with my side mirror??

Any advice?

Thanks.

Note: Went to workshop, the gentleman there reset the settings and say ok, but the problem is still there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very common problem. The motor needs some stretching exercises occasionally. Try moving manually to the full extent up, down, left & right. Then press memory button 1 to reset. If it still doesn't work.....insist on a new motor.

Very common problem. The motor needs some stretching exercises occasionally. Try moving manually to the full extent up, down, left & right. Then press memory button 1 to reset. If it still doesn't work.....insist on a new motor.

hi.. thanks for the reply.. u mean MANUALLY (USING HANDS) to push the side mirror up down left right???

hi.. thanks for the reply.. u mean MANUALLY (USING HANDS) to push the side mirror up down left right???

No....use the mirror tilt switch bro.

No....use the mirror tilt switch bro.

I try liao after reading from other overseas forum many times liao.. stil having the same problem. So I send for servicing and I shd insists on motor change? correct?

Thanks for the quick reply!! :)

Your car is brandnew? From see&see? Care to share who is your SE? U can go lemon law path, why not?

Your car is brandnew? From see&see? Care to share who is your SE? U can go lemon law path, why not?

yap. brand new.. just got it 3 weeks ago... yes @n@ ... I see how when i send my car for repair 2 weeks later becos their slots are mostly fully book for next week.

If they dun repair my side mirror thingy, I think I have to take some action ...

So suay to get a lousy car for my first merc but at least the engine is not giving problem, at least that is some consolation

yap. brand new.. just got it 3 weeks ago... yes @n@ ... I see how when i send my car for repair 2 weeks later becos their slots are mostly fully book for next week.

If they dun repair my side mirror thingy, I think I have to take some action ...

So suay to get a lousy car for my first merc..

You mean they told you u is "like that one cant be help!!"?

You mean they told you u is "like that one cant be help!!"?

No. they say they adjusted the setting and is ok already, but problem still there so  i going back again to the service centre in 2 weeks time. This time i going to show them how it happens. Very easy to replicate the problem. Just switch to reverse gear, then back to D gear , repeat a few times and the problem will surface.

They dun even understand what i am talking about. I told them that the mirror does not return to the EXACT position. I think they thought the mirror does not return at all, that why he adjusted the setting and says is ok since the mirror returns each time, but he never check the position of the mirror.

The problem is not that the side mirror does not return to the original position after every tilt when put in reverse gear. The side mirror will return but sometimes it returns but miss the EXACT position by 1-2 cm so I have to press Memory button 1 to get back to the EXACT position.

Anyway just to check, when the side mirror returns after every tilt, it goes back to the EXACT position right? Do we have to press Memory button to get it back to precisely the EXACT position even though the difference may only be 1-2 cm?

I dun think is normal to have to press memory button 1 to get it back to the exact position right or is it common that when the mirror returns, it does not return to the EXACT position but will miss by a few cm or even mm and is considered normal as long as is just a few mm?

Yap is not a norm furthermore is a brandnew car. My guess is not mechanical but software issue. Do keep us update and let us know the outcome.

HI divads,

Do you have any updates for your side mirror tilting issue? We have similar problem with my younger Bro's GLA. After a few ding dongs with the service side, I contacted our SE and he told us to drive in next week direct and he'll assist to liase with the servicing side to resolve the problem.

Maybe you wanna try contacting your SE? Ours has been really helpful so far. I think getting your SE to assist may be the next step to go. :)

HI divads,

Do you have any updates for your side mirror tilting issue? We have similar problem with my younger Bro's GLA. After a few ding dongs with the service side, I contacted our SE and he told us to drive in next week direct and he'll assist to liase with the servicing side to resolve the problem.

Maybe you wanna try contacting your SE? Ours has been really helpful so far. I think getting your SE to assist may be the next step to go. :)

Will be driving in next week.. SE means ? I got a service guy that was assigned to me by my sales representative.. quite nice guy.. Hope he can help change the side mirror motor.. most likely is the motor fault

HI divads,

They changed the side mirror motor and the problem is still there. Hmm.. i wonder is this a norm for merc? I going back again soon. But if i find that this problem is a norm, then perhaps i just set if off by putting the windows adjustment button to the right button.

As someone mentioned, maybe this is due to software, maybe a software bug becos changing motor does not solve...

How's ur side ?

like you i just put window adjustment button to right side or after reverse press my preset mode to bring it back to my setting 

oh ok.. i see.. i sending down again , see if they can solve it.. quite frustrated as it is a new car

oh ok.. i see.. i sending down again , see if they can solve it.. quite frustrated as it is a new car

Still waiting for their call.. they say they will bring the problem up the higher level.. till date no reply..

Wondering what shd I do with they cant solve the problem? what shd be the next step? complain to their CEO or small court tribunal under lemon law or ?

Still waiting for their call.. they say they will bring the problem up the higher level.. till date no reply..

Wondering what shd I do with they cant solve the problem? what shd be the next step? complain to their CEO or small court tribunal under lemon law or ?

did u send for repair and what was the result?