• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Best Engine Oil In Town

Wubs

Dear Brothers,

With so many brand of engine oils in the market, I would appreciate your feedback / recommendation of the engine oil you guys are using for your current ride. I'm using Mobile currently and looking for a change.

What kinda feedback you plan to get? Preparing your car to go racing? :D

Mobil 1 Gold

I'm using Gold too.

Mobil 1 Gold definitely.... but don't buy from Giant or other "cheaper" options other than from ESSO Station.

Most importantly need to check if the engine oil purchased is suitable for the respective models.... can check via internet

Does it mean that as long as the oil meets MB 229.5 standard, it can last 15,000km between servicing?

Certain oil has "LONGLIFE" in the name such as "Fuchs TITAN Supersyn LONGLIFE 5W-40". There is also a "Fuchs TITAN Supersyn 229.5 SAE 5W-40".

Does it mean that as long as the oil meets MB 229.5 standard, it can last 15,000km between servicing?

Yes....

Certain oil has "LONGLIFE" in the name such as "Fuchs TITAN Supersyn LONGLIFE 5W-40". There is also a "Fuchs TITAN Supersyn 229.5 SAE 5W-40".

As long as it exceeds 10000km service life, its considered pretty long life. I wouldn't want to risk anything more than 15k km even if its marketed as LONGLIFE.