• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Petrol consumption

10 hours ago, petetherock said:

Depending on whether your car is a Kompressor or the current M270 derived turbo it will need 95 or higher.

95 will be the best option unless you are drive an expensive marque. (Porsche, Lambo or Ferrari)

3 hours ago, ahhpingg said:

I see. I will assume that c180 avant-garde is krompressor? 

You should have a manual, or at least find out from the seller about the car. Surely you know which model is the one that you bought? 

95 is safe bet, but some will swear that 98 improves the performance.

Personally, I use 95 mostly and 'reward' my car with some Vpower once in a while..

10 minutes ago, Odessus said:

I tried 95 when driving my R172 SLK and that yielded me 450km before amber light. 98 yielded me 550km with better butt dyno feel.

Am using Shell 95 and doing around 9.5km per litre. 

• 2 months later...

W205, 2016, C180, 1.6L turbo 17" Rim 

- Fuel - Shell V-Power(Fun) and SPC95(Work)

- FC - Average 12.5Km / 1 liter (Since day 1)

- 85% highway, 15% city, mostly heavy foot, active overtaking, Comfort mode.

- 90% of the time - 1 driver, 0 Passenger.

- 80% of the time - Air-Con Auto @ 23°C ...... Notice Air Con will reduce around 10% of the FC.

- Milage average 3000Km per month

:devil:

From my understanding, the use of 95 versus 98 has little improvement on fuel economy. More important probably to ensure your engine is upkept well and in good working order, along with:

- proper tire pressure, properly tuned engine: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/maintain.jsp

-  frequent maintenance will also help address issues like clogged filters which affect economy. https://sgcarservicing.com/oil-change/ Pretty surprising, but for example, a malfunctioning exhaust also can affect your fuel economies.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry am new and noob here

W205 C180 2017 9G 

Clocking around 2000KM recently

Had to travel long distance for reservist for 1 week , 90 % highway 10% neighbourhood which yields me around 7 L/ 100KM. Seems good. However, for my daily driving to work with no highway, usually I am seeing 12 to 13L/100KM. And for short heavy traffic situations I am seeing very high numbers like 17 to 18 L/100KM. I am not sure if there's something wrong with my car or it is just very thirsty in traffic jam. Noticed by default if I stop at traffic light, meter shows I am consuming 20L/100KM, and my start trip FC meter would tick slowly upwards even if I am not moving. Is this normal? Am driving with comfort mode, and no heavy foot (even if I want, work traffic does not permit anyway). 

1 hour ago, jibabooms said:

W205 C180 2017 9G 

Had to travel long distance for reservist for 1 week , 90 % highway 10% neighbourhood which yields me around 7 L/ 100KM. Seems good. However, for my daily driving to work with no highway, usually I am seeing 12 to 13L/100KM. And for short heavy traffic situations I am seeing very high numbers like 17 to 18 L/100KM. I am not sure if there's something wrong with my car or it is just very thirsty in traffic jam. Noticed by default if I stop at traffic light, meter shows I am consuming 20L/100KM, and my start trip FC meter would tick slowly upwards even if I am not moving. Is this normal? Am driving with comfort mode, and no heavy foot (even if I want, work traffic does not permit anyway). 

It might be due to slow traffic thus not travelling on max gear. Mine can achieve around 10KM per Litre. Non Highway drive. Average speed 80km per hour.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, jibabooms said:

W205 C180 2017 9G 

Seems very high to me. Mine coming to 300KM, 100% neighbourhood gives me 10-12L/100KM. 70% Highway and 30% neighbourhood gives me 7.5L/100KM. My average for the 300KM is around 9L/100KM, 50% Highway and 50% neighbourhood. 

• 1 month later...