• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Petrol consumption

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:03 AM, snsd555 said:

13.69km/l? wow. what's the capacity of the fuel tank?

c class, e class

from w204 pre-facelift onwards.

standard 66litre.. every last drop.

fuel check light lights up, still can go another 100-200 km.. before the display dun show u anymore more "km left to empty"

meaning that, when it doesn't even show u how many "km" left to empty, instead it shows u Refill now -- it means u left abt decent 100km when this msg was shown.

so example, as ckevin77  picture...

800km @ 7.3lire /100

=7.3*8= 58.4 litre used.

100/7.3 = 13.6986 x 65litre

900 km confidently go pump. shld be able to pump 65litres into tank..

y I use 65litre.... simple rule.. "just in case"

and yes the merc calculation is accurate I would say.. tested a few times myself..

am nt a light footed guy.. just dislike to go pump petrol. haha,

so I make sure I knw how much I left in tank, so sometime I can still go a few more places before hitting the station. pump petrol always nt my first priority.

• Like 2

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, C180BEW204 said:

I get only 10KM per litre.

ya this 10km/litre is quite a standard, for us pple tat encounter jam during peak hrs.

but if u were to, constant 80km/hr -90km/hr for a day of usual driving, can easily bring up to 13-14km per litre.

hard for me though.. but I think Mercedes engine is "quite" a fuel saving machine. Not bad I would say.

the longer constant distance u travel at constant speed, u can get longer distance. simple rule.

I believe forum got a few legend, tested a proven for fun... one of them is above... "kepiting1sg"

but this fuel topic every few mth will pop up once. haha.

confirm! we the citizen of sinapore.

no offence ar.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2016 at 0:19 AM, Jrsoh said:

Hi all bros & sis,

Can i ask how are your petrol consumption so far?

Per full tank how many km clocked?

Which petrol brand is better?

98 and 95 any difference?

Thanks.

Been pumping 92 from Caltex, W204.. no knocking or weird pinging sound from engine.

Consumption maintain at around 11-12kml.

Used to pump 95.

Not sure about W205, please check your fuel cap for minimum before filling up.

On 7/17/2016 at 9:09 PM, Ah Bui said:

I personally believe 95 is good enough for our cars.... 98 tends to burn faster... thus I always notice the unburnt gas smell when the car is idle.... and both type of petrol gives me almost identical mileage... 640km before the yellow light turns on... but 95 is 30¢ cheaper than 98... thus it means a lot of savings... that's my opinion... please burn my car if it's wrong... :D

If your car can, try 92... Mine minimum 91. Bo dai ji :-)

On 10/13/2016 at 9:11 AM, phunky said:

Have been comparing some of my colleagues w204 FC and apparently they have it much better then mine. I confirm my foot not elephant type 😁

Was wondering whether due to age of car or some engine parts getting old reducing efficiency. 

Running through this forum to find the cause of my High FC then read some advise that drive merc don't look at FC 😆 So I have given up .

From what I've understand from reading stuff in the past, some possible causes affecting FC..

Lead foot

Heavy load

Traffic

Fuel additives or lousy fuel

Clogged fuel lines, fuel filter

Engine oil

Engine itself

10 hours ago, asiadj said:

c class, e class

from w204 pre-facelift onwards.

standard 66litre.. every last drop.

fuel check light lights up, still can go another 100-200 km.. before the display dun show u anymore more "km left to empty"

meaning that, when it doesn't even show u how many "km" left to empty, instead it shows u Refill now -- it means u left abt decent 100km when this msg was shown.

so example, as ckevin77  picture...

800km @ 7.3lire /100

=7.3*8= 58.4 litre used.

100/7.3 = 13.6986 x 65litre

900 km confidently go pump. shld be able to pump 65litres into tank..

y I use 65litre.... simple rule.. "just in case"

and yes the merc calculation is accurate I would say.. tested a few times myself..

am nt a light footed guy.. just dislike to go pump petrol. haha,

so I make sure I knw how much I left in tank, so sometime I can still go a few more places before hitting the station. pump petrol always nt my first priority.

After it shows you "Refill now" basically is left roughly how many litres..?

Still can run another 100km so much?! Damn scary when you hit "Refill now" screen as you are in a state of the unknown.. 

Usually before "Refill now" comes on.. the monitor will shows it is left with about 30-50km roughly to run before it changes to "Refill now"

5 hours ago, AlvinDj said:

Still can run another 100km so much?! Damn scary when you hit "Refill now" screen as you are in a state of the unknown.. 

Usually before "Refill now" comes on.. the monitor will shows it is left with about 30-50km roughly to run before it changes to "Refill now"

End of the day... it depends on how big your balls are when it comes to refilling your petrol... some will try to max it out... some are not as garang ... rather fill it once the yellow light appears....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I've been in a position where my car totally stalled because there wasn't a drop of petrol left. End up had to take a cab to the nearest petrol station, buy the aluminium tin can and fill it up with petrol and return to the car. From point of yellow light to this stage, 50km.

22 hours ago, AlvinDj said:

refer to ckevin77 post. he post pic "frm reset"

pls apply ur own calculation. I've alrdy done it in my post. just fill in ur own figures. and u will get ur balance.

pretty straight-forward..

darm scary? then re-fill once re-fill indicator light up lor.. Singapore everywhere also petrol station.. not really that scary.

12 hours ago, Odessus said:

I've been in a position where my car totally stalled because there wasn't a drop of petrol left. End up had to take a cab to the nearest petrol station, buy the aluminium tin can and fill it up with petrol and return to the car. From point of yellow light to this stage, 50km.

this one is ball very big type... as mentioned by ah bui. :lol:

11 hours ago, C180BEW204 said:

Driving till stall due to no petrol might burn up the fuel pump which is being submerge and cool by petrol. 

it won't spoil so easily by once or twice or thrice. if so easy spoil every time no petrol then burn liao...

but of cos. ur advise is good. try nt to drive till empty. not healthy.

the objective of my previous post is not to show how empty can go. only to confirm that, the calculation given frm the dashboard is very accurate. in a way, it tells the driver, what u r left with. when there is a time, u r in a critical condition, u knw how far more the vehicle can take u.

80km/hr on constant, helps a lot in extending ur km, when u r really running very low fuel. at the very least it will lead u to the station for the re-fill.

17 hours ago, Odessus said:

Balls of steel you got... jin satki....But don't do that to your Pokemon Ball hor.... that one Pikachu also cannot help you....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

7 hours ago, Ah Bui said:

Balls of steel you got... jin satki....But don't do that to your Pokemon Ball hor.... that one Pikachu also cannot help you....

Ultra ball is very thirsty. Whole different universe. Every 350km need to drink water. Sweat...

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, snsd555 said:

any troubles/issues with the car after that? always heard it was very bad to let the fuel tank run dry.

petrol vehicle not that bad... re-fill and proceed nia..

diesel vehicle if same thing happen, then lagi jia lat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2016 at 0:14 PM, asiadj said:

petrol vehicle not that bad... re-fill and proceed nia..

diesel vehicle if same thing happen, then lagi jia lat.

these days diesel engines can auto clear air lock, so no issue.

W205 1.6l on 3rd tank of gas averaging about 11.5 km/l on spc 98 25% city 75% highway (avg 70-80km/h).

these are run-n numbers so is nice and steady driving.

• 2 weeks later...

C117 CLA180 1.6L turbo 18" Rim 225/40/R18 GY EF1 RFT

- clocked from 488 - 530 km last 5 refill tank when warning light on

- from 40 - 42L each refill

- 85% highway, 15% city, mostly light footed and tried Sport / E mode.

- Can do sometime 6.2L/100km (Cantoment - Ponggol)

- Average 8.1L/100km

- on SPC95

Now on Eco mode Comfort steering

• 1 month later...