• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Petrol consumption

W205 C200 Sep 2014 registration

average 8L/100Km or 1L/12Km, Caltex 95 or 98

mixed city and highway driving

Off ECO Start/Stop 99% percent of the time

reckon fuel consumption will be even better  using it but don't like this function

Sure boh? your FC is better than Honda Jazz leh!!!

Bro linsanity. This fc is definitely achievable if mostly highway. Driving 2012 w204fl 1.6 turbo 7g-tronic.

Previously pump esso 98 achieve 750km when reserve tank lit up.

Nw I pump caltex 98 able to achieve 780km till reserve tank lit up.

Travel pattern. Mostly highway. Fr hm till ecp less than 1 km, than exit express way less than 3km reach office.

I personally believe 95 is good enough for our cars.... 98 tends to burn faster... thus I always notice the unburnt gas smell when the car is idle.... and both type of petrol gives me almost identical mileage... 640km before the yellow light turns on... but 95 is 30¢ cheaper than 98... thus it means a lot of savings... that's my opinion... please burn my car if it's wrong... :D

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Boss... AMG maybe yes... but my CUI E6.3... dont have leh....

Ah Bui, i heard 97/98 can travel further than 95, true?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

JB Shell 97

Bro,

With all toll charges...is it really worth to pump in JB ? 

My office is at woodlands...I always wonder if it worthwhile to go JB to pump after office hour?

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Bro,

With all toll charges...is it really worth to pump in JB ? 

My office is at woodlands...I always wonder if it worthwhile to go JB to pump after office hour?

in JB

95 @ $MY1.7 Ex rate 3 = SG 0.56

97 @ $MY2.1 Ex rate 3 = SG 0.7

Saves quite a lot in the long run

• 4 weeks later...

c300 V6 w204 7Gtronic 2009 old model.  I get only 7-8km per liter on SPC 98.

My FC really suxs  :(

But FYI I calculate the FC manually by topping up full tank, then record mileage and top up full tank again and finally I divide distance travelled by the liters topped up.

This is the trusted way to get FC as the car OBC recording is always giving inaccurate number.

On ‎17‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:50 PM, Darkseid said:

c300 V6 w204 7Gtronic 2009 old model.  I get only 7-8km per liter on SPC 98.

My FC really suxs  :(

But FYI I calculate the FC manually by topping up full tank, then record mileage and top up full tank again and finally I divide distance travelled by the liters topped up.

This is the trusted way to get FC as the car OBC recording is always giving inaccurate number.

I run a 2010 E300 which shares the same drivetrain as your C300. I am averaging 8.5km/L so far. My friend's S300L does 8.4km/L. Perhaps its the driving style or the kind of traffic you encounter. If constantly in town my car returns about 7km/L.

Same goes for weight. If you carry lots of heavy stuff in the boot, FC will also be affected. Those with spare tyres in the car can try lifting it to see how heavy it actually is!

13 hours ago, Odessus said:

This is big CC problem. Heh V6 V8 V10 V12 W12 etc. FC is something you shouldn't calculate. Lol

6 cylinder is considered "big cc"?  I bought the ride second hand because I wanted a V6 and the c300 is quite rare in Singapore.  Its no longer available for sale. 

I think its also because 90% of my route is in CBD congested area.....:(

Just now, Darkseid said:

6 cylinder is considered "big cc"?  I bought the ride second hand because I wanted a V6 and the c300 is quite rare in Singapore.  Its no longer available for sale. 

W204 /2007  1.8 kompressor. 500-530 km from full to reserve tank light up .

odo showing 11.5/100km.

highway 80%, usually driving on Comfort mode.hardly over 2.5k rpm so I guess my FC quite bad. Petrol is SPC95 mixed JB97.

my experience petrol grade does make a difference in mileage due to efficiency I think. Pumping in JB nowadays abit Bo Hua due to various charges. 

Unlesss :money: chiong

30 minutes ago, phunky said:

W204 /2007  1.8 kompressor. 500-530 km from full to reserve tank light up .

odo showing 11.5/100km.

highway 80%, usually driving on Comfort mode.hardly over 2.5k rpm so I guess my FC quite bad. Petrol is SPC95 mixed JB97.

my experience petrol grade does make a difference in mileage due to efficiency I think. Pumping in JB nowadays abit Bo Hua due to various charges. 

Unlesss :money: chiong

Think your right leg is on the heavier side.

I've a friend driving the same ride and year and getting near to 800km/tank

I work in Kulai and travel every day and despite the jam I easily get between 8.5L to 10L/100KM on my 2011 W212.

Daily Causeway charges is Sg S$6.50 + RM16.50 (return) and on top of this soon to be implemented VEP RM20.00/entry.

All in all about S$18.80 to go in and out

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/08/2016 at 11:44 AM, kepiting1sg said:

Think your right leg is on the heavier side.

I've a friend driving the same ride and year and getting near to 800km/tank

I work in Kulai and travel every day and despite the jam I easily get between 8.5L to 10L/100KM on my 2011 W212.

Daily Causeway charges is Sg S$6.50 + RM16.50 (return) and on top of this soon to be implemented VEP RM20.00/entry.

All in all about S$18.80 to go in and out

Have been comparing some of my colleagues w204 FC and apparently they have it much better then mine. I confirm my foot not elephant type 😁

Was wondering whether due to age of car or some engine parts getting old reducing efficiency. 

Running through this forum to find the cause of my High FC then read some advise that drive merc don't look at FC 😆 So I have given up .

:lol:

Enjoy your driving lah!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)