• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Apple Carplay or Android Auto

4 minutes ago, Buckrogers said:

sigh - I have finally figure out that the set in my car is audio 20 with USB /8" display.

So I have to "upgrade" to command online first before I can consider going to JB to do what bro voodooex did.

correct?

You have a MFA based Merc?

I suspect that by the time you add up all the costs, time, travel etc, Elebest's offer may not be a lot more.. 

On 10 October 2016 at 11:44 PM, petetherock said:

You have a MFA based Merc?

I suspect that by the time you add up all the costs, time, travel etc, Elebest's offer may not be a lot more.. 

What's MFA? 

Yeah, agree with you on the costs - will probably do it when I clear leave at end of Nov.

You are using the Audio 20 with a USB port, so I suspect you have a MFA platform Merc :)

The MFA (Modular Front Architecture) platform currently consists of the A-Class, B-Class, CLA-Class and the recently-unveiled GLA-Class, with an upcoming CLA Shooting Brake to complement the rest of the models later this year. A not-yet-confirmed SLA Roadster might be part of the second generation of the MFA platform, which is set to arrive in 2017.

Read more: http://www.autoevolution.com/news/mercedes-benz-will-switch-to-just-four-car-platforms-78508.html#ixzz4Mrc9xyuB

I just spoke to my SE. She confirms that all the new A,B, CLA, GLA can add the option of Carplay for SGD 2K. You do not need command on them.

So, I am sure in a few months time, retrofitters like Elebest will be able to get those units much cheaper too.

2 hours ago, JIN said:

I just spoke to my SE. She confirms that all the new A,B, CLA, GLA can add the option of Carplay for SGD 2K. You do not need command on them.

So, I am sure in a few months time, retrofitters like Elebest will be able to get those units much cheaper too.

Remember, it's for cars which have not come to SG yet, otherwise others may be misled into thinking that current cars can be upgraded too. Cheers :) 

19 hours ago, JIN said:

My SE is not so informed then - he told me "master technician" say cannot, got harness incompatibility

Looks like I gotta save up and wait for a few months...

Dumb question :-

If upgrade from Audio 20(for CLA) to Comand:

1) Which version is it (4.7 or 5.1?) and doesn't that comes with Navi too?

2) What is the HDD size?

Edited by Buckrogers
ask questions

On 24/10/2016 at 11:32 AM, Buckrogers said:

My SE is not so informed then - he told me "master technician" say cannot, got harness incompatibility

Looks like I gotta save up and wait for a few months...

Dumb question :-

If upgrade from Audio 20(for CLA) to Comand:

1) Which version is it (4.7 or 5.1?) and doesn't that comes with Navi too?

2) What is the HDD size?

Bro, I've just changed my Japanese version command to so called local version. If there's a need, can pm me for the details

how come you guys can do andrior auto ? 

i see in andriod auto website that only certain countries can use andriod auto. and singapore is not in the list ?

how u manage to do it ? can share ( if any settings or apps )

thanks

1 hour ago, jaswat said:

how come you guys can do andrior auto ? 

i see in andriod auto website that only certain countries can use andriod auto. and singapore is not in the list ?

how u manage to do it ? can share ( if any settings or apps )

thanks

Just side load the Android Auto apk file.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, ronnieho said:

Hi there. May I check What's this about? Sound interesting. Mine E250 YOM 2011, came with integrate GPS original.

Am, I to understand, can AA to link to my iphone to see google maps and also etc?

Thanks.

Hi, yes Android Auto can link to your iphone to see google maps see whatsapp and anything else. But from my knowledge I don't think smartphone integration is available for previous gen E-class :(

• 1 month later...

A few questions I like to check with you :

1. Can NTG4 be upgraded with Carplay Integration in C&C JB?

2. If not, where do you retrofit NTG5 for CLA? I checked with camber53 my previous installer - he told me that there isn't NTG5 for CLA

3. Does your NTG5 comes with Navi map? I checked with Max from Elebest. He told me that his NTG5 does not comes with Navi map. I hope to get the default map to work too as sometimes I don't have internet connection to get Google map to work properly.

• 1 month later...