• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Renew COE for E-Class W211

iMac

Hi,

What Bro AHYEO meant as White dashboard refer to the speedo and rpm dial background colour and fuel/temp gauge. White instead of black colour. Apart from the above-mentioned, I also observed Avantgarde model has :

1) headlamp washer

2) bluish tinted windows

haha, till today, I still dunno if my headlamp washer working or not,  as for the tinted windows, cannot tell leh, as it got added tinting done

Also 17" tyres instead of 16" I think

yours is 245/4517 right ?

I see from the fuel flap, it got 225/50/16 description, so I think normal one tyre size is 225/50/16

• 2 weeks later...

Found out that there is another sub model which is call the E200ML, is this the pre facelift model?

Also can I check what is the average FC we can get for the E200?

Thanks.

E200ML is pre facelift or the one with the SBC issue

Also, most of them scrap or due

Also, the front and brake light looks very different,

I think better to get the E200 facelift version if you want to renew COE

FC...... subjective lor,

If can get 10km/L consider very good leow !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have an E230 W211 that expires in March 2017. Parf is $29K. Mileage currently is about 125k. Have repaired/replaced quite a few items including engine CPU, auto transmission, shock absorbers, etc. within last 1 year.

Any views on whether it's worthwhile to renew COE?

I have an E230 W211 that expires in March 2017. Parf is $29K. Mileage currently is about 125k. Have repaired/replaced quite a few items including engine CPU, auto transmission, shock absorbers, etc. within last 1 year.

Any views on whether it's worthwhile to renew COE?

Only worries are the Auto transmission

In time to come, whether it still available if repair is need

I myself also driving a E230, but I cannot bear to lost the part

mine due feb 2008

cheers

• 4 months later...

Hi All

Sorry for restarting this thread.

I am also considering to renew the COE of my W211. Somehow like the looks of it.

I just need a trustworthy workshop to access it. Do you all recommend CNC or any good recommendation from any bros that has renew their ride?

Thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, RuS said:

Hi All

Sorry for restarting this thread.

I am also considering to renew the COE of my W211. Somehow like the looks of it.

I just need a trustworthy workshop to access it. Do you all recommend CNC or any good recommendation from any bros that has renew their ride?

Thanks in advance

was told by some mechanics that quite a number of owners renew their E200K, saw some selling in SGCARMART with renewed COE.

So if yours is E200K, think can

But if E230 better not,  due to 7g tronics

also, E200K is 1.8L, the incremental roadtax is manageable.

Think a lot of workshop knows how to service this model, if no regular workshop, then go for those that are mention in this forum

Agree. E230 roadtax will be shiong after 10 year mark due to 2496cc

But then again, I think all of the M272 E25 6 cylinder V6 engine in E230 is solidly built so it'll likely to be reliable and trouble free for next 5 to 10 years if well taken care. Unsure about the 4 cylinder 1.8L Kompressor engine though. 

Most workshop already know how to service this W211 model    

37 minutes ago, CH_OldMerc said:

Agree. E230 roadtax will be shiong after 10 year mark due to 2496cc

But then again, I think all of the M272 E25 6 cylinder V6 engine in E230 is solidly built so it'll likely to be reliable and trouble free for next 5 to 10 years if well taken care. Unsure about the 4 cylinder 1.8L Kompressor engine though. 

Most workshop already know how to service this W211 model    

Engine wise the E230 V6 is very solid !, so far so good for me

but the 7G tronics electro board is the main issue, understand this part is getting less, so for another 10 years..... may have issues to get down the road.

Yes, the replacement TCM (Transmission Control Module) electro plate I've done few months ago was a reconditioned one from Germany. So far so good. 

Workshop say manufacturer don't produce this TCM part anymore so let's keep our finger crossed that our 7G Tronic gearbox unit will stay trouble free for a loooong loooong time to come. Hehe.

The other day aircon got slight hissing sound so immediately went Tomika to check and top up gas/replace compressor oil @ $30. Now all good again. Hehe.

The market has lots of re-cond ECU Plate now. There is no worry about this part getting obsolete even after 10 years from now.

Imagine there are hundred of thousands of 7G tronics produced and many countries kept their car for more than 10 years.

The demand is always there, so no worried of supply.

Even W124 parts are still easily available now.

So bro, just drive, don't worry so much

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 10:56 AM, AHYEO said:

was told by some mechanics that quite a number of owners renew their E200K, saw some selling in SGCARMART with renewed COE.

So if yours is E200K, think can

But if E230 better not,  due to 7g tronics

also, E200K is 1.8L, the incremental roadtax is manageable.

Think a lot of workshop knows how to service this model, if no regular workshop, then go for those that are mention in this forum

Thanks for this info. Yes, Mine is a E200K. I estimate that the road tax is abt 13 to 14K for 10 years which is ok.

Just a quick check, Do you think it is better to replace the wear and tear earlier or wait till something is broken then fix it? I tried going to a workshop but was told to fix it when it starts showing signs of "broken".  Do you think 10K is enough to make sure that the car runs smooth and cool (not to forget aircon also) for the next 10 years?

51 minutes ago, RuS said:

Thanks for this info. Yes, Mine is a E200K. I estimate that the road tax is abt 13 to 14K for 10 years which is ok.

Just a quick check, Do you think it is better to replace the wear and tear earlier or wait till something is broken then fix it? I tried going to a workshop but was told to fix it when it starts showing signs of "broken".  Do you think 10K is enough to make sure that the car runs smooth and cool (not to forget aircon also) for the next 10 years?

CnC does preventive maintenance, meaning they will replace parts when the mileage is due

But I think no need lah, just get a good workshop to do a throughout check and accessing the repair cost before deciding to renew COE.

But some parts die die must change as it will affect other parts, so if you dun change, it may cost you more $$$ later as it affect other parts

I think 10K not enough for 10 years leh

I already spend 10K for the first year if owning a preowned E230, haha

Merc under carriage have a lot of parts, I just change the lower ball joints because of creaking sounds, though ok leow, but sound comes back after 3 days , haiz

need to go back WS again !

Then again the E200K/E230 car body is damn solid, I think worth to keep although I cannot bear to part with the almost 30K parf :(

Go press and knock on the body and then go and do the same to a jap car.... you will feel safe !

• 4 months later...

my E230 is expiring Sept 2017, i am glad to hear the advice to get a good wokshop to access the repair cost before renewing COE.  Any good recommendation ?  I used to go to Gim Teck for servicing.  It seems to be a good workshop.  But I just need another workshop for second opinion.  Any good advice ?

I really love my E230 as it is very quiet and cannot believe the comfort and prestige to drive with this for the next 10 years.  My only concern is how much more to cater to maintain this car.  I bought my car 2 years ago and presently is only 113,000 km.  I have changed the auto transmission electric kit unit (warranty covered), centre shaft,  inlet manifold, upper and knuckle ball joint, amounting SGD4K already.

• 1 month later...

I have done some web-surfing about 7G-Tronic, and noticed that there was a major improvement in late 2008 or early 2009 (a serial number of the gear can tell). My car was registered in May 2009, which has the 7G-T upgraded. So I am not worrying on that part. Now my workshop suggest me to change a lot of things on suspension (rod, cross arm...) though I hear nothing wrong yet. Any suggestion? I tend to renew COE, though about 28k parf loss hurts me. Just changed engine oil to Kennol, which seems giving me better engine response and thus better mileage (10kM/L with average speed of about 40kM/h). I can recommend this workshop if anybody is interested (PM?).

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I would like to enquire on things to look out for if I'm planning to lay my hand on a renewed COE E200K. How do i assess if the car is worth keeping? And what is the rough estimation of annual maintenance cost since most owners are saying that it's almost problem free.

thanks!

On 04/08/2017 at 11:28 AM, AH SOH said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I would like to enquire on things to look out for if I'm planning to lay my hand on a renewed COE E200K. How do i assess if the car is worth keeping? And what is the rough estimation of annual maintenance cost since most owners are saying that it's almost problem free.

thanks!

To purchase a "COE PAID" vehicle, you must have some pretty good technical knowledge of the car.

For myself, I would just purchase a 9 1/2 years old car..and take the reminding 6 months to carefully evaluate if the car worth for another 10 years.

• Like 2

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT