• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Photos of my GLA180 before heading to Singapore

johnphua

Thanks bros for the comments. Getting merc from Japan is more expensive than those from uk or hk. Too bad they don't have ready stock for GLA180 amg line as such have to spend a little bit more get it from Japan agent.

• 2 months later...

Now can touch the car but still can't on the road. LTA request for a TUV cert to cerify the car max power 90KW. Still pending for that cert which takes about 4 weeks.

Woow. 4 weeks!!! Can see but cannot drive. So, where is it parking now? 

How much cheaper you import this compared to CnC or PI?

Do let us know it is worth this "pain". If you COE expired, how? 

Can share with us the process of importing a car from Japan and the savings, if any???

Mine this gla180 actually is a "gift" from a Japan supplier. I learned from a PI friend about the procedures. Once arrived here, I need to do custom clearance but at that time Japan yen so high, so I waited nearly 1 month until the good rate then do the clearance. While waiting for the Japan yen to come down, I submitted for LTA approval which take about 4 weeks to get them 1st reply and requested for necessary documents. Now they need an addition TUV cert to prove this car max power 90KW. Last week I've just submitted to TUV and was informed need to wait for roughly 4 weeks. Now no choice have to wait for that cert and then submit to LTA for their approval. My this GLA180 amg line is almost full spec except for the parnoramic roof. The actual saving I really don't know but my PI friend told me can be cheaper if get it from Hong Kong rather than from Japan

• Like 1

Woow. 4 weeks!!! Can see but cannot drive. So, where is it parking now?

How much cheaper you import this compared to CnC or PI?

Do let us know it is worth this "pain". If you COE expired, how?

I think enough time cos Cat A COE can hold for 6 month. Will be much cheaper than C&C but how much cheaper I don't know cos this car is a gift from my Japan supplier. Luckily my friend spare a place for me to keep this car.

I think enough time cos Cat A COE can hold for 6 month. Will be much cheaper than C&C but how much cheaper I don't know cos this car is a gift from my Japan supplier. Luckily my friend spare a place for me to keep this car.

Great you have everything sorted out.

Hope you get to drive it soon.

For us with lobang-less, we have to pay CnC to get our ride here. But still mine took 5 months to deliver.

Anyway, the journey towards getting to drive our Merz, can be said to be an experience itself.

We learn many things here in sgmerc. Got posioned to Mod is one of the "bad" thing we pick up along the way.

Do share with us your journey to self import. Many of us will not take that route. But your journey can be enriching and motivational in the process.

Cheers.

Great you have everything sorted out.

Hope you get to drive it soon.

For us with lobang-less, we have to pay CnC to get our ride here. But still mine took 5 months to deliver.

Anyway, the journey towards getting to drive our Merz, can be said to be an experience itself.

We learn many things here in sgmerc. Got posioned to Mod is one of the "bad" thing we pick up along the way.

Do share with us your journey to self import. Many of us will not take that route. But your journey can be enriching and motivational in the process.

Cheers.

I've been with Sgmerc since 2008. At that time I was driving a W204 C200 from PI. If I'm not wrong, I bought that for 133k at that time. After 3 years backside itchy changed to BMW 320 and then Audi A5 sportback. After that 2012 then changed back to C204 C250 coupe from C&C. I've learnt alot of things here. But good days ended soon, I hit on people backside twice a year as such the whole Singapore insurance company left only Tokyomarine wants me, with excess 5k and yearly premium 6k plus. I've no choice to sell away that C204 and this year July just nice 3 years from my last accident claim so backside itchy again. I'm in arcade Game Center business and one day talk about this GLA180 with my Japan supplier cos can't find GLA180 in Hong Kong and UK. To my surprise, they willing to give me a basic GLA180 as a token of appreciation. Then I came out with my own money to upgrade to a higher spec (amg line with amg exclusive package, command, keyless go, radar packages, distronic plus etc). Unfortunately at time no stock for night package. Hoping everything go on smoothly. Now I'm worried the factory fitted dark privacy rear side windows and rear windscreen will fail during the inspection.

• 5 weeks later...

After all the obstacles, take 3 months plus, finally on Singapore road. According to the spec GLA180 combine CO2 should be 133 but mine tested 144, no cevs $5k rebate. Luckily the rear passenger window and the rear windscreen is AS3, although dark but passed the inspection

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1