• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Temperature for Mercs E250 (W212)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I know what is the normal engine temperature that should be shown on the temp indicator when travelling on the road during day time? Is 85 deg C normal?

For your reference:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/21927-water-temp-lower-than-usual/

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/22205-vehicle-temperature/

And yes, between 80 to 90 is normal.

Thanks All.  One more question which I have always wanted to know..... as different people told me different thing.

At the start of the day, after starting the engine, do we need to stay for a while to let the engine warm up before moving off ? If so, how long?

Thanks All. One more question which I have always wanted to know..... as different people told me different thing.

At the start of the day, after starting the engine, do we need to stay for a while to let the engine warm up before moving off ? If so, how long?

Nope. Not necessary. You can drive straight away, just don't be so heavy footed till the car is totally warmed up.

Thanks All.  One more question which I have always wanted to know..... as different people told me different thing.

My Ah Gong used to say.... must leave it to warm up for 3 mins...  the car can last very long... but he died some 30+ yrs ago...Engines nowadays are better... and cars only last max 10 yrs here... So now its like start engine.... go round the car to clear leaves.... you can move off.... 

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill