andylgk

Engine Temperature for Mercs E250 (W212)

9 posts in this topic

May I know what is the normal engine temperature that should be shown on the temp indicator when travelling on the road during day time? Is 85 deg C normal?

May I know what is the normal engine temperature that should be shown on the temp indicator when travelling on the road during day time? Is 85 deg C normal?

For your reference:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/21927-water-temp-lower-than-usual/

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/22205-vehicle-temperature/

And yes, between 80 to 90 is normal.

Mine's 90 +/-

Thanks All.  One more question which I have always wanted to know..... as different people told me different thing.

At the start of the day, after starting the engine, do we need to stay for a while to let the engine warm up before moving off ? If so, how long?

Thanks All. One more question which I have always wanted to know..... as different people told me different thing.

At the start of the day, after starting the engine, do we need to stay for a while to let the engine warm up before moving off ? If so, how long?

Nope. Not necessary. You can drive straight away, just don't be so heavy footed till the car is totally warmed up.

Thanks All.  One more question which I have always wanted to know..... as different people told me different thing.

My Ah Gong used to say.... must leave it to warm up for 3 mins...  the car can last very long... but he died some 30+ yrs ago...Engines nowadays are better... and cars only last max 10 yrs here... So now its like start engine.... go round the car to clear leaves.... you can move off.... 

the above 2 is right!