• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

FRom White to Red and Now Black!

ron5000

I am thinking of either doing the Gloss green envy wrap or diamond black paint spray for my current ride.

Haha.

Wow! Gloss green seems like a bold colour! I'm actually contemplating on spraying frozen colour for my ride. After awhile, sticker gets hard to maintain.

For maintaining the decals - i usually take it off 8- 9 months and 3M decals till now till no complaint... and i dont like to spray it cos when seeling the ride , the dealer or buyer will say it not the original paint or accident before and also to change color , the down time is around 10- 15 days which i cant afford to wait so long.

Actually I plan to even renew my ride when her COE is up. MB makes long lasting rides. Only in Singapore, We are brainwashed to scrap cars after ten years.

Agreed !

My w221 is only 150K km now and I'm planning to extend another 10 years.

I had a W123 which was running for 23 years and clocked almost 500,000 km. and is still running well !

For maintaining the decals - i usually take it off 8- 9 months and 3M decals till now till no complaint... and i dont like to spray it cos when seeling the ride , the dealer or buyer will say it not the original paint or accident before and also to change color , the down time is around 10- 15 days which i cant afford to wait so long.

Does the decals shows signs of wear like chipping or roughness or any weather wear after many months ? Or it still looks brand new as first day ?

Does the decals shows signs of wear like chipping or roughness or any weather wear after many months ? Or it still looks brand new as first day ?

Chipping and roughness, not so. My biggest down point is the dings from inconsiderate drivers who park beside my car. Once there's a small tear, the only way to rectify is to change the whole piece. Other than that, usual signs of wear and tear, slight scratches etc. Obviously you can't polish to make it look good again.

I can only say I use the better decals which is not the China made type . I abit fussy n I like to change n change after a few months but decals can last longer if u use the better ones..

I can only say I use the better decals which is not the China made type . I abit fussy n I like to change n change after a few months but decals can last longer if u use the better ones..

Yup agreed. The 3M one is good, that being said there are some who choose frozen white and it turned yellow within 3 months even with proper care. Ultimately can't compare to spray quality but you do have the option to keep changing colours.