• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

In-car camera

Lately, there were videos showing an old man jumping onto bonnets of cars claiming it had knocked him. In-car cameras are useful for rebutting such nuisance claims.

Does anybody has recommendation on the type of in-car camera and reliable installers? Didn't like unhidden wires running around.

• 1 month later...

hi, newbie here and would like to find out more about the iRoad v7 or v9.

I would appreciate if someone can share the contact details of the workshop in which I can install either v7 ($300 or $350) or v9 ($400). For those who have installed the cam, is it connected to the car battery in which the recording will initiate based on movement even if the engine is off?

Thank you.

Dean

hi, newbie here and would like to find out more about the iRoad v7 or v9.

I would appreciate if someone can share the contact details of the workshop in which I can install either v7 ($300 or $350) or v9 ($400). For those who have installed the cam, is it connected to the car battery in which the recording will initiate based on movement even if the engine is off?

Thank you.

Dean

I am using iRoad V9. Installed in JB, but I would not recommend this installer because they seems not familiar with MB car.

The power supply should be wired to the car fuse box, don't let any installer wire directly to your car battery, it is going to be very messy running wire from interior to the battery directly. Your car manual should show you where the fuse box is located, if not, try googling.

As for which socket to use on the fuse box, an experienced installer should be able to find 1 suitable free socket. I would rather find a installer who know MB car very well to install, they will know which socket to be use without experimenting with each one. Unfortunately I couldn't locate any.

One thing I like about iRoad 9 is the built-in voltage regular to shutdown automatically to protect the battery. It also serve as an indicator of my battery lifespan i.e. if one day the dashcam refuse to turn on, it means I should also look at the battery.

Hope this helps.

My friend is about to install a camera at C&C using his service credit and wants my opinion.

I know nothing about the camera they are using.

Can owners please comment?  I heard C&C cameras will NOT record when the car is parked.

Can these be wired via a battery regulator "Power Mat"?

Has any owner 'modified' their C&C-installed system to record when parked?
Thanks for all comments and advice.

My friend is about to install a camera at C&C using his service credit and wants my opinion.

I know nothing about the camera they are using.

Can owners please comment?  I heard C&C cameras will NOT record when the car is parked.

Can these be wired via a battery regulator "Power Mat"?

Has any owner 'modified' their C&C-installed system to record when parked?

Thanks for all comments and advice.

If it's not done FOC, I highly won't recommend using the service credits for anything besides servicing the car.

Everything that can be done using service credits (including servicing) is extremely overpriced and IMHO, there are workshops outside that can do a far better job, with far lesser downtime, with better service.

Same goes for the DVR.

I got it installed by Mr. Leong at MacPherson as recommended by one of the bros here. He had it wired to the fuse box and I am monitoring the device. Somehow I keep forgetting to check if the cam is working after parking overnight. Will share more results in a few days time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got it installed by Mr. Leong at MacPherson as recommended by one of the bros here. He had it wired to the fuse box and I am monitoring the device. Somehow I keep forgetting to check if the cam is working after parking overnight. Will share more results in a few days time.

Hi Nutty, care to share the damage ?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dean,

Any feedback so far?

It's good actually. Recently my friend kena hit and run and I was in front of his car. Managed to captured the accident and reported police. The only thing is that it will stop recording maybe 2-3 hours after I parked. Perhaps this has something to do with my car battery.

• 1 month later...