• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Maintenance cost for A180/200

GRID

On 23/05/2017 at 3:36 PM, Erik said:

With the $50 disposal charge, not worth to BYO.

It depends on where and what price of a better engine oil (e.g. Motul's Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W40 which is certified for Mercedes-Benz standard 229.5) one is able to get.

Shell Helix Ultra does NOT meet MB-Approved 229.5 standard.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2017 at 10:45 AM, mountaingoat_gray said:

Did a service B recently. Remember to opt out of cabin air filter change. It's easy to DIY and is much cheaper.

Ya you should be able to opt for MobilOne because that's what they use for the AMG engines i think?

just figured out how to change the cabin air filter ... will opt out in my coming Service B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2017 at 2:50 PM, chaicka said:

It depends on where and what price of a better engine oil (e.g. Motul's Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W40 which is certified for Mercedes-Benz standard 229.5) one is able to get.

Shell Helix Ultra does NOT meet MB-Approved 229.5 standard.

Bro,

You purchase your Shell Helix Ultra from where?

I got mine from Shell Service Centre..they say it is both MB 229.5 and 226.5 certified leh.

http://www.shell.com.sg/motorists/oils-lubricants/helix-for-cars/helix-fully-synthetic/shell-helix-ultra-5w-40.html

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

4 hours ago, oceanicmanta said:

At Service B, was told car battery weak, MB quoted $530 incl labour to change !

Car is just 2 years old and 20k mileage only.

Seems like start / stop probably has got something to do with shorter than usual battery life.

Any recommended workshop to change the MB battery ?

Do you have in-car camera installed that is turned on 24/7? If yes, it will shorten battery life. Based on past experiences with my previous cars from Honda to VW to my current Merc, my batteries lasted between 1.5 to 2 years on the average with 24/7 in-car camera.

$530 to change is definitely too much. Can get the battery from MB stockists for around $200-$300 plus and bring to practically any tire and battery workshops to install for $10 to $20.

• Like 1

Just now, clariwee said:

Do you have in-car camera installed that is turned on 24/7? If yes, it will shorten battery life. Based on past experiences with my previous cars from Honda to VW to my current Merc, my batteries lasted between 1.5 to 2 years on the average with 24/7 in-car camera.

$530 to change is definitely too much. Can get the battery from MB stockists for around $200-$300 plus and bring to practically any tire and battery workshops to install for $10 to $20.

My cheapo car cam dont have that 24/7 function .. next time I will unplug it when not using altogether.

Could also be my frequent short journeys I suppose ... those 15-20km type.

1 hour ago, iMac said:

Bro,

You purchase your Shell Helix Ultra from where?

I got mine from Shell Service Centre..they say it is both MB 229.5 and 226.5 certified leh.

http://www.shell.com.sg/motorists/oils-lubricants/helix-for-cars/helix-fully-synthetic/shell-helix-ultra-5w-40.html

I buy from giant also.

Got the MB 229.5 label on it. 

38 minutes ago, oceanicmanta said:

My cheapo car cam dont have that 24/7 function .. next time I will unplug it when not using altogether.

Could also be my frequent short journeys I suppose ... those 15-20km type.

Think the bro was asking if u link ur car cam direct to the car battery. As it will continue to drain the battery even if engine is off. 

Your mileage 2 years 20k is low. 

51 minutes ago, darksaint said:

Think the bro was asking if u link ur car cam direct to the car battery. As it will continue to drain the battery even if engine is off. 

Your mileage 2 years 20k is low. 

No, I dont link any accessories to the battery.

Does the reverse camera draw from battery ?  It was locally installed by MB.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:55 PM, oceanicmanta said:

My A180 first service, Service Package A at CC

Labor to carry Short Test     $60

Labor tire rotate                   $16.82

Labor replace oil, oil filter    $120

Oil change                           $145.46 (shell helix 5.80l)

Oil Filter Element                $36.86

Sundry                                $5

Total                                    $384.14 (before GST)

Just did Service Package B at CC

Labor Short Test                                $60
Labour - oil change, ws fluid, oil filter $120
Replace Air Filter Element                 $12
Replace Brake Fluid                           $72
Rotate Tires                                        $17

Oil Filter Element  $39
Cleaning Agent     $9
Engine Oil Shell  $145
Air Fliter Insert $107
Brake Fluid $95
DPS Oil Cleaner $46 (2 x 250ml)
Fuel Additive $29

Total $753 before GST  (rounded figures)

I asked not to change Air Cabin filter which I changed myself. Should have asked to exclude the Cleaning Agent, cos I topped up Windscreen solution not too long ago.

Was quoted $540 to change weak battery by CC but I KIV.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, oceanicmanta said:

is it reasonable to ask C&C to provide the battery test reading, instead of a simple note that says battery is weak, needs replacement ?

dun think for wear and tear item they will provide such details.

some bros bought the ctek battery to test and charge their battery

• Like 1

The CC Service staff quite nice, gave me the battery test result (though did not explain)

Test shows a charge of 12.22V at Temp of 71 deg C

From googling, this seems to say that my battery is only less than 50% charged even after being driven.

Think I will suck it up, go back to CC to change battery with 2 yrs warranty.

The Ctek battery tester and charger at $180 seems like a good deal ... maybe can share share with relatives or neighbours.  Thanks for the info.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For owners with free tire patching for first 3 years, do go to the C&C Tire Service (no prior appointment needed) to check the tires regularly even if nothing seems wrong.

2 months ago, before my freebies expired, I already noticed 1 of the tires losing pressure more than others. While doing a grooming service, I specifically told C&C Alexandra to help me check the tires & reported my tire issue. 
They returned the car without mentioning any issues with tire losing pressure but charged me for tire rotation which I earlier agreed.  The problem tire was switched to the rear right.

Today, my front tire got a puncture from screw leading to pressure loss. When at the Pandan Loop Tire service, we found 2 other nails in the 2 rear tires. These were also removed and tires patched. The cost is small, just $10 per patch.

There is no way to prove the other 2 nails were already there 2 months ago, but it is likely bcos the pressure loss in the same tire had persisted even after last tire rotation.

Just for awareness, and don't assume C&C will do the checks as requested.  For tire check, be there physically and it takes less than 10 minutes.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...