• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 can start but no respone from accelerator

hi all,

newbie here. any1 can enlighten me on this issue.

this afternoon, after I started the car, the whole car was like shivering and when I step on the accelerator, the rpm still do not rev up. it was still at Parking.

I opened up the bonnet and could only hear a "psss" sound on and off.The fan belt speed looks slower then normal. after trying on and off a few times of the engine afew times, finally it went back to normal. any bro out there encounter this before?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem might be with the EIS.  after u shut down, locked the car and restart in 5mins problem solved?  If it is then it is likely the EIS problem.  Will cost you $3800 to replace in CNC.  workshop outside is cheaper...  EIS is controlled item according to them.

the problem might be with the EIS.  after u shut down, locked the car and restart in 5mins problem solved?  If it is then it is likely the EIS problem.  Will cost you $3800 to replace in CNC.  workshop outside is cheaper...  EIS is controlled item according to them.

I tio some 2 years ago. 

Like you said, turn off, go home and sulk... (actually trying to figure out what can i do lol), then decided to try again.

And it cranked successfully. Nothing was done, and it hasn't happened since.  *touch wood*

I tio some 2 years ago. 

Like you said, turn off, go home and sulk... (actually trying to figure out what can i do lol), then decided to try again.

And it cranked successfully. Nothing was done, and it hasn't happened since.  *touch wood*

I kena twice.  Once in Malaysia and once recently.  Was told to change it before it failed totally and then I am screwed.  CNC told me to change both the lock and the switch amount to 3800.  Outside workshop told me it can be fixed.  Not sure how they are going to do it.  its a lot cheaper.  Hoping to change car soon.

Do a search for "green key" here.  Its a well known problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

mine was 2010 Pre Facelift.

I suppose  mine was not "green key issue" because I can start the car.

the only thing was the car keep shivering and liked want to stall. I stepped on the accelerator and the rpm does not goes up at all.

hi,

mine was 2010 Pre Facelift.

I suppose  mine was not "green key issue" because I can start the car.

the only thing was the car keep shivering and liked want to stall. I stepped on the accelerator and the rpm does not goes up at all.

Did you change the petrol recently ? What spark plug are you using ?

I recently had some issue with the engine misfiring and the problem solved when I switch back to 98 and change to original Mercedes spark plugs