• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Heavy white exhaust smoke when starting car in the morning

whizzard

Hi,

Is it normal for the car to give out a lot of white exhaust smoke when starting the engine in the morning?

My wife's A207 E250 has been behaving this way.  What can be the cause of this?

The car has just been serviced and there's no error message.

Thanks!

To be less confusing, those are light "see through" white smoke... as stated by jtang, good to go.

You start to worry only when thick white smoke (like those black smoke) comes out from the exhaust, an indication that the engine is burning Coolant because of serious issues such as - cracked head gasket, damaged cylinder head, or cracked engine block... should be and will be informed by the OBC when this does happens.

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Thats probably just some QA/QC issue or a moment of laspe.

I personally have not encountered such an issue when changing exhaust, be it Cat-back or full system.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

You're probably right. My first exhaust change on another car didn't have this issue but it was a single (but huge) exhaust. The white smoke only appeared in my current car's quad exhaust change.

Bro, need to burn carbon la... lol white and black smoke cleared together

• Like 1