• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Merc Stock ICE - need advice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

The new cars should come with carplay and android auto... wont the gps be good enough? esp google map :)

What happens when you drive across the border? Even with data roam, we take forgranted that their data coverage isn't as extensive as ours.

I have command, but I find the maps data in Comand is really outdated (especially in Malaysia). Waze is still prefer. Wish it has some sort of mirrior link to Comand.

I use Comand in Malaysia all the time! Have the latest 2015 SEA maps loaded in the system.

You can mirror your phone screen onto the Comand display. Just do a search on iPhone mirror in the forum.

• 1 month later...

I use Comand in Malaysia all the time! Have the latest 2015 SEA maps loaded in the system.

You can mirror your phone screen onto the Comand display. Just do a search on iPhone mirror in the forum.

Which model do you own? My command online doesn't seems to have mirrorlink. I also own the 2015 maps.

Which model do you own? My command online doesn't seems to have mirrorlink. I also own the 2015 maps.

NTG 4.5. My mirroring is an aftermarket add on. I hooked up an Apple TV to my Comand HU.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Wanna check with anyone here who has experience with the Garmin Map Pilot. I'm considering the GMP option as it is a necessity for me.

But before that, I would like to know if it works well on Singapore roads eg. routes correctly, accurate traffic info etc? Are the latest maps up to date? And does it recognize most of the address/postal codes entered? 

Also, if I don't go for the option and proceed with a third party integrated GPS, would the car warranty be void? 

Any info will be much appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new here. Just got my CLA Shooting Brake recently. I intent to replace my audio 20 with COMAND so that I can have the GPS. and to do so, Elebest said I need to change the screen and center console (i think that is what it's called). However, I was told by CnC that if I change, my whole car warranty will be void and reason given is because there are too many parts/wiring involve.

Just want to check if any of you guys have issues with CnC warranty?

Thanks,

When you say "issues with C&C warranty", can you be a bit more specific with what you mean?

Do you mean issues with claiming warranty from C&C? Do you mean if C&C will honour your warranty if you change to Comand despite C&C outright expressing their stand?

Not sure what you mean exactly.

Sorry. 

Yes, both the questions you posted. 

I am ok if the warranty is void for the parts I have changed. ie; screen and console. but CnC said void for the whole car even if I just change the screen and console.

My question is, can they void the warranty for the whole car for just screen and console? Just wondering any one has change the screen or any other parts from 3rd party and having issue claiming warranty for part which has no relation to the things you have changed?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Will be collecting my CnC C180 soon and looking at installing GPS on my stock Audio 20. Enquired at our site sponsors and was quoted between $1500 to $2000 for both after market and original GPS. Call CnC and quoted $2k for GPS option.

I was wondering if the price is so close, might as well go for agent install GPS, question here is...if the price is so close...might as well go for CnC version.

Just wondering if any bro/sis here using CnC version of GPS and what's the experience thus far?

Hey bro, this is late but i just got my car yesterday (after a 6 month wait... wtf rite). anyway, i hope my experience can help anyone here decide. 

i ordered the locally retrofitted navigation with my car ($2k option)

my comments: its not fully integrated into the Audio 20 system coz you cant access the navi on through the round knob or touch pad.

you have to select the Navi hard button, after that its touch screen controlled.

this isnt that bad and can be lived with, but.....

now this 'but' will likely deter most from including this option.

the display brightness is now terrible, especially since they had to add the touch screen interface in front of the actual screen.

meaning in bright sunlight, the display is NOT visible (on standard brightness setting), only after i cranked the brightness up to maximum, could i sort of see something on the screen.

navigation wise, the map seems ok and a bit crude like, abit like the old tomtom maps, but it does have updated POIs

i have yet to test it when going through the tunnels, but i have a feeling its not going to work in there as its obviously not syncronized with the wheels.

feeling abit cheated now.

Hey bro, this is late but i just got my car yesterday (after a 6 month wait... wtf rite). anyway, i hope my experience can help anyone here decide. 

i ordered the locally retrofitted navigation with my car ($2k option)

my comments: its not fully integrated into the Audio 20 system coz you cant access the navi on through the round knob or touch pad.

you have to select the Navi hard button, after that its touch screen controlled.

this isnt that bad and can be lived with, but.....

now this 'but' will likely deter most from including this option.

the display brightness is now terrible, especially since they had to add the touch screen interface in front of the actual screen.

meaning in bright sunlight, the display is NOT visible (on standard brightness setting), only after i cranked the brightness up to maximum, could i sort of see something on the screen.

navigation wise, the map seems ok and a bit crude like, abit like the old tomtom maps, but it does have updated POIs

i have yet to test it when going through the tunnels, but i have a feeling its not going to work in there as its obviously not syncronized with the wheels.

feeling abit cheated now.

Xcapade, sad to know your local fitted navigation does not work to expectation. :startle:

Does your new Mercs car from CnC have Carplay, not sure is this optional feature under Smartphone integration from CnC?

Recently new Audi A4 car has this feature already which Carplay can use the Google map App  & other apps from IPhone.

Really hope to see CnC to provide Carplay aftermarket installation for existing owners soon. Else have to go Airplay/Mirroring option.

Xcapade, sad to know your local fitted navigation does not work to expectation. :startle:

Does your new Mercs car from CnC have Carplay, not sure is this optional feature under Smartphone integration from CnC?

Recently new Audi A4 car has this feature already which Carplay can use the Google map App  & other apps from IPhone.

Really hope to see CnC to provide Carplay aftermarket installation for existing owners soon. Else have to go Airplay/Mirroring option.

Nope no carplay... i'm pretty sure they'll charge an arm and leg for the feature in future

"Normal GPS Navigation" logon to satellites signals for Navigation.

For COMAND Navigation, when your ride goes into a tunnel, it lose satellites reception and base on the car speed, direction of steer it continue navigation in the absence of satellites reception.

Locally fitted GPS also has no information in the instrument cluster to show navigation details.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 10 months later...
On 7/18/2017 at 10:27 AM, accura said:

How do you select the mic icon on the waze, to perform search using voice?

Just tap once on the mic icon? A prompt will appear asking you to say your destination.