• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change model after booking

FtAo

Hi All.

Happy Lunar New Year.

Got a question to ask, wondering if anyone have any clue or have done it. SE have not start working for new year so no immediate answer for me. I have booked for a B class for April delivery but have since change my mind for a C class. Wondering if that is possible? Charges to be incurred? Have to queue for booking since change of model? I believe no extra charge since I'm upgrading. Your precious input in appreciated.

Thanks all in advance!

Huat ah!

I've booked (signed the papers and paid deposit) the A200 when it was launched in March 2013. I changed my mind after 2 weeks to get the A250 instead. Had to resign the agreement. No penalty. But as jtang mentioned so long the Coe is not secured yet especially if it's of a different category due to the Coe being tagged to buyers name.

According to my SE he claims that the commission paid to him by C&C is only a thousand or two regardless of the car model they sell, be it SLS or the entry A180. I just took it with a pinch of salt tbh. Hence they may not see it as an "upgrade" unless of cause your loan quantum increases where commissioned paid to SE will be higher.

Hi All.

Happy Lunar New Year.

Got a question to ask, wondering if anyone have any clue or have done it. SE have not start working for new year so no immediate answer for me. I have booked for a B class for April delivery but have since change my mind for a C class. Wondering if that is possible? Charges to be incurred? Have to queue for booking since change of model? I believe no extra charge since I'm upgrading. Your precious input in appreciated.

Thanks all in advance!

Huat ah!

Checked with my SE yesterday on it, and he said no such upgrade.. Anyway they've got my COE

HI HappyB180,

Tough luck. If your COE hasn't been secured. Confirm can change model. Only depends on your SE whether they wanna help  you do the extra paperworks not.

But, like what above bro mention, you can check thru onemotoring.com to confirm if your SE smoked you or not regarding the securing of your COE. :)

Good luck. :)

HI HappyB180,

Tough luck. If your COE hasn't been secured. Confirm can change model. Only depends on your SE whether they wanna help  you do the extra paperworks not.

But, like what above bro mention, you can check thru onemotoring.com to confirm if your SE smoked you or not regarding the securing of your COE. :)

Good luck. :)

Thanks Bros. Also where to check the COE results? I tried https://ocoe.lta.gov.sg/but can't open..

Thanks Bros. Also where to check the COE results? I tried https://ocoe.lta.gov.sg/but can't open..

Hi Elly and Andytan74, I just checked at onemotoring and yes, I've got the Cat A COE at $46651 last week.

Not sure whether it's a good news or bad news. :)

BTW they put the bid amount to be $54808, thumb up to their bidding style

Wow! The 7k difference is the current C180 price vs ur B class price when u book?

How I wished it was only 7k. Booked B at 148k. Trade in at 71k, loan balance. Deposit 20k. So changing to C equals top up 27k. Ha ha missed that deposit of 20k.